New UFF Cover#28 President Thor [SPOILERS]

Super_Human said:
Mediocrity?This series is at it's best right now and very solid.
Perhaps I chose too harsh a set of words in my initial post and for that, I must concede defeat.

However, IN MY OPINION [in case anyone missed that], this series hasn't reached its best point yet and with the constant rotating of creative teams it'll take some time to settle into things.
BUT, I feel that the closest it came to the best was under Warren Ellis and Adam Kubert. I have a preference for Immonen's art (and still wonder what his Nihil would've looked like) on this title, but feel that the "N-Zone" arc was slightly superior to "Doom" because the latter gave Marvel's Greatest Villain the equivalent of a pre-Dr.90210-operation-makeover!

Millar's current run doesn't bring the best characterization or the best art (and that's Land's fault...but Millar chose him specifically). The stories also feel incomplete. I do admit that we can't fully judge it till it's over and all the plots properly summed up, but for the moment it is, in my HUMBLE opinion, NOT the best this title has ever been at.

There's that.

God I hope not. This isn't Gundam Wing... This is supposed to be a title about supernatural people practicing practical science. We don't need mini-mates, Gundams, time machines, or whatever to have fun.

Goodwill said:
God I hope not. This isn't Gundam Wing... This is supposed to be a title about supernatural people practicing practical science. We don't need mini-mates, Gundams, time machines, or whatever to have fun.

You do know Iron Man flies around in what is essentially a mech, right?

Ultimate Super Skrull (Spoilers)

If one checks the second preview of the Marvel April 2006 solicitations, there is a picture of Super Skrull on the cover, he looks pretty much like his 616 counterpart. Now I thought the the aliens in the first vol of the Ultimates were supposed to be the Skrulls and they look nothing like the 616 Skrulls. What's the deal?

Re: Ultimate Super Skrull (Spoilers)

The arc is about Reed Richards screwing up the timeline so alls fair

Chances are it's an alternate dimension. Because Fury said how another name for the Chitauri are the Skrulls.

The Overlord said:
If one checks the second preview of the Marvel April 2006 solicitations, there is a picture of Super Skrull on the cover, he looks pretty much like his 616 counterpart. Now I thought the the aliens in the first vol of the Ultimates were supposed to be the Skrulls and they look nothing like the 616 Skrulls. What's the deal?

We've known this since last month. It's supposedly an alternate universe, so why not look the same as 616?

I'm pretty sure it's been officially stated in the solicitations that the President Thor arc takes part in an(other) alternate universe.

What did the Chitauri look like? All I remember is a half blown up face. I think it's pretty much just a difference of artist interpretation. I'm sure if we saw a Chitauri intact in Ultimates, he would've looked similar to a Skrull.

Latest posts

Back