New Venom Ongoing Series Coming in March (Remender/Moore)

That's what I think E's argument boils down too.

And personally, Gargan as the NEW SCORPION! I find to be much worse. Rhino becoming a villian again is pretty damn awful too, but out of all things, this doesn't seem as bad.

but Gargan used to be the scorpion and Rhino has always been a villain, except for in the gauntlet story arc, which was amazing. That's just typical comic book "back to status quo".

I don't hate the idea of Flash as Venom as much as E does, but I don't really like it either. Flash, for years, has been all about trying to aspire to Spider-Man's heroism as a normal person. I thought they captured that really well in the story about him losing his legs. It makes sense for him to take an opportunity to have powers and continue to be a hero, but as venom? Giving him powers cheapens his character (in my mind at least) and making him venom...well i suppose it depends how that plays out. If he's going around eating people's brains, then that will just be dumb. But if they make him not typically venom in a way that makes sense, it might not be so bad.

I once had a pitch for this exact idea, except it starred the Mighty Mangog instead of Venom.

Marvel is stealing my idea.

Flash has no legs currently.

And he has an army background.

How is this idiotic?

Cause Venom is teh stupids!

That's oversimplifying it, but true as well.

The problem I have is this: for most comic characters - ESPECIALLY Spider-Man - it is important to have a stable set of regular, real-life supporting characters that aren't superheroes. When Liz becomes whatever she is, or MJ becomes a goblin, or Aunt May wears an Iron Man suit, or Flash becomes Venom, etc. etc. etc. it cheapens Peter Parker being Spider-Man exponentially. Not only the specialness of his powers and how he deals with them, but how he relates to others as well.

Leave. Regular. People. Alone.

Flash losing his legs was a really special story. They are cheapening it now.

Tony Moore's art pages for this were stolen: http://www.comicsalliance.com/2011/02/03/tony-moore-venom-artwork-stolen/

This is going too far E!

:lol: Post of the Day.

That's oversimplifying it, but true as well.

The problem I have is this: for most comic characters - ESPECIALLY Spider-Man - it is important to have a stable set of regular, real-life supporting characters that aren't superheroes. When Liz becomes whatever she is, or MJ becomes a goblin, or Aunt May wears an Iron Man suit, or Flash becomes Venom, etc. etc. etc. it cheapens Peter Parker being Spider-Man exponentially. Not only the specialness of his powers and how he deals with them, but how he relates to others as well.

Leave. Regular. People. Alone.

Flash losing his legs was a really special story. They are cheapening it now.

I actually agree with this. When ever they cross the personal life with the superhero one it just lowers the importance of both of those aspect.

I actually agree with this. When ever they cross the personal life with the superhero one it just lowers the importance of both of those aspect.

It really does dilute the importance and tone of each aspect of said characters life (the superhero vs normal life thing).

There are worthwhile and interesting ways to bring those two worlds together, and then there's the 90's approach.

To clarify, Thompson wasn't who I'd pick to be Venom either, but its been pretty obvious from the get go that itd be him when you think about it. the only other serious contender seemed to be John Jameson, and that idea only really seemed to pop up because he was in the last two issues of ASM

I completely agree with E's point, but im not digusted by this as he is, and i'm still kinda excited that theres a chance we could finally have a GOOD venom series (I've grown to pretty much trust Remender completely plus Terry Moore = Win, even if hes probably only doing the first six issues)

If I were to pick anything it would have been a new character

Apparently it came out March 9th.

I wanted to try it out because of Remender/Moore.

Don't listen to DJF - he's easy to please.

I didn't say it was great, did I? It was good. Slott's issues that introduced Thompson as Venom were terrible, but Remender/Moore managed to do some pretty great work in the ongoing's debut.

Also, I don't think I've read a negative review of the issue on any comic book review sites since it's come out. Even the ones that aren't afraid to give negative reviews.

I read it. I won't be reading #2.

Not even Remender and Moore can make me care about Flash Thompson.

Latest posts

Back