New X-Men Series Discussion (Spoilers)

The prelude did a really great job of getting me pumped for the next arc.

I'm loving the arc.

Seconded.

First off---Yost is the ****! I cannot think of a single issue of this book that i have not liked.

Second---the art. Niko from Pride of Baghdad doing the "story" art and Skottie Young doing the rest of the book. It's like I died and ended up in comic heaven.

The girl with the blindfold over her eyes....that's the same girl from Astonishing who made the X-team isn't it?

I didn't know Skottie Young was gonna be the series artist. I just thought he was doing the Magik arc. This book just got 50x more awesomer!

Anyways.....preview for #38 up at IGN.

Can't believe I forgot to comment on #38.

Ahem...

HOLY **** THE KILLED DAVID! :shock:

And very hardcorely I might add.

Awesome storytelling as usual from Yost. But it's Skottie Young's art that is making this a must read X-book right now! The art has always been amazing on this book...but Young is just the perfect fit.

I'm telling you...once Astonishing ends....if Yost/Young are still on this book----it'll be the best X-book out there!

This is easily the best arc this book as ever had.

The art is so awesome. Young might become one of my favorites if this keeps up.

When a character doesn't die, it surprises me. Like the resurrection of David.

Oh yeah. This kicks ***.

Are there trades of this out yet? Would you guys recommend buying the first few?

The Academy ones were slow and alright. They help build the characters.

But the when it changed to just New X-men is where it got good. There are four "Childhood's End" trades. That start right after M-Day.

This arc is where it become GREAT.

i thought skotti chan was skotti young for the longest time. then i found it young was a dude.

That's ****ing hilarious.

I want to try the Skotti Young issues.

You totally should.

Next to Astonishing, New X-Men is the best X book out there. And I'll be damned if Young's work isn't perfect for Yost.

The last arc is completely rocking!

Incorrect.
I'm getting sick of this book's need to kill someone every 12 pages.

I'll not here anymore blasphemy! Go back to your cage.

And while I agree that the writer tends to kill off their characters a lot...it does add a small sense of realism to the X universe. How many times have we seen the original X-Men face universe altering beings...only to come out of the tussle with a black eye? These people should be dying! No one's gonna have bouts like that and come out unscathed each time.

It was shocking to see all the deaths in the earlier arcs with Stryker....but now it's just getting old.

Still....it's one of the best books out there. And I'll not hear any sass back on the subject.

I'll not here anymore blasphemy! Go back to your cage.
No. Houde pooped in the cage.
And while I agree that the writer tends to kill off their characters a lot...it does add a small sense of realism to the X universe. How many times have we seen the original X-Men face universe altering beings...only to come out of the tussle with a black eye? These people should be dying! No one's gonna have bouts like that and come out unscathed each time.

It was shocking to see all the deaths in the earlier arcs with Stryker....but now it's just getting old.
My point exactly. These kids keep dying and the big league X-men don't do jack about it. Why is the teen book the only one where people actually die? I'm starting to think Yost can't write an interesting story unless people are constantly kicking the bucket.
Still....it's one of the best books out there. And I'll not hear any sass back on the subject.
SASS!!!

Cable&Deadpool > New X-Men

SASS!!!

So I read this story so far, and it reeks of the old Claremont story in the 80's were the New Mutants went to Asgard, and some of them experienced a change in power, and the were pitted against both the Enchantress and Loki, who were trying to kill each other as well.

In this story, it seems like Sunspot is the Rock dude
Pixie is Illyana, who was perverted by the Enchantress
The Enchantress is this evil Illyana
And the Demon is playing the part of Loki

Claremont did this story better, but this one seems to be high octane, let's kill as many people as we can cause we are in hell, and it won't matter, they will come back type of deal.

So I read this story so far, and it reeks of the old Claremont story in the 80's were the New Mutants went to Asgard, and some of them experienced a change in power, and the were pitted against both the Enchantress and Loki, who were trying to kill each other as well.

In this story, it seems like Sunspot is the Rock dude
Pixie is Illyana, who was perverted by the Enchantress
The Enchantress is this evil Illyana
And the Demon is playing the part of Loki

Claremont did this story better, but this one seems to be high octane, let's kill as many people as we can cause we are in hell, and it won't matter, they will come back type of deal.

And damn I still love this book.

I was so close to giving up this series. The Belasco arc could not have been less interesting to me, but I loved #42. A lot of good character moments here, some funny scenes, and one laugh out loud moment ($#%^ing unicorns!). I don't know if I particularly care to return to the Purifiers or Predator X storylines, but I'm willing to give it a shot now. Couldn't have said that after 41.

Latest posts

Back