Newsarama offers 8 page preview of Ultimates 2 #4

Nurhachi

[imgl]http://ultimatecentral.com/cov/ULTS204.jpg[/imgl] Newsarama has posted an 8 page preview of Ultimates 2 #4 by Mark Millar and Bryan Hitch

The original solicitation reads:

ULTIMATES 2 #4
Written by Mark Millar
Pencils & Cover by Bryan Hitch
Nick Fury has dispatched the Ultimates to take down thier most powerful member – Thor! S.H.I.E.L.D. is convinced that the Thunder God is a former mental patient who's far too dangerous to be loose – and the awesome Asgardian is doing little to dispel that notion. Meanwhile, things are heating up between Tony Stark and Natasha Romanov. And we mean heating up!
32 PGS./Marvel PSR+ …$2.99
RELEASE DATE: 3/9/05

The preview can be seen at
http://www.newsarama.com/Ultimate_Marvel/Ult2_4/Ul2_4Pre.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
very sweet looking.. not too sure what i think about the black widow armor though.. a little cheesy..

I quite like the widow armour, I'm not sure why she has armour yet. but I'm sure there is a good reason. This seems to be shaping up to be a very interesting issue again. Especially interested in the rift between steve and jan, seems as though there is yet another splinter in the ultimates. man they're dysfunctional :)

Ah, good point indeed. Not that I know what the war machine story is, but I shall look it up.

And anyone else think that pym is working on ultron's head?

I liked it. I really didn't mind the Black Widow armour but I'll wait and see how it pans out.

Discuss the preview here, including spoilers. Spec should go in a separate thread.

Not sure how I feel about the "Iron Maiden" (funny name though), and I thought it was very un-Captain America-like to call Jan "baby" but I'm still so geeked for this issue.

Oh and congrats to Nur for making front page news. :wink:

UltimateE said:
Not sure how I feel about the "Iron Maiden" (funny name though), and I thought it was very un-Captain America-like to call Jan "baby" but I'm still so geeked for this issue.

Agreed I really hate the relationship of Captain and Jan. It's gotta end soon. It just feels awkward, I mean you guys are always talkin about building a character well, How the hell are we supposed to accept Jan and Captain getting together as soon as her and Hank break up. Hank had a bad spell. He's obviously a good guy. I wish Jan would go back to him. Iron Maiden? WTF?! you couldn't give me a better new ultimization than just throwing Black Widow into a super suit? Lame... :shifty:

What's up with Jarvis? He got fired but came back? Any floating vases?.... eh, didn't look to Lokish but I'm hopeing for the best.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Agreed I really hate the relationship of Captain and Jan. It's gotta end soon.

I don't hate it - I just thought it was unlike him to call Jan "baby" like he did.

I'm just nitpicking.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Agreed I really hate the relationship of Captain and Jan. It's gotta end soon. It just feels awkward, I mean you guys are always talkin about building a character well, How the hell are we supposed to accept Jan and Captain getting together as soon as her and Hank break up. Hank had a bad spell. He's obviously a good guy. I wish Jan would go back to him.
Hank had been beating her up since college. He's not so much a bad guy though, just a guy with big issues. But it's certainly not a bad "spell".
And i think the relationship between and cap and wasp is well done, jan goes for the "big man" type, hank beat her up, cap is the personification of Americas foreign policy, and beats people up, coz he can. Which is what the mugger scene was all about, he didn't need to beat them up, he just thinks with his fists too much.
Furthermore, cap calling jan baby wouldn't be that out of place really, cap is stuck between two worlds, if it seemed odd, it was supposed to. And the subtle tensions going on throughout their relationship is one of the aspects i have been enjoying most.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Iron Maiden? WTF?! you couldn't give me a better new ultimization than just throwing Black Widow into a super suit? Lame... :shifty:

What's up with Jarvis? He got fired but came back? Any floating vases?.... eh, didn't look to Lokish but I'm hopeing for the best.
Iron Maiden is amusing enough, wouldn't surprise me if jarvis came up with it. And if the suit is related to warmachine, then I'll be quite pleased with how that all ties in. I have no worries about the writing of this, It's been superb so far, it will work out.
And the jarvis thing.. Not really understanding that so far. But it looked very interesting. Maybe the Loki suggestion wasn't such a bad one after all.

UltimateE said:
Oh and congrats to Nur for making front page news. :wink:

Yeah Woohooo! Had to happen sometime :D

Like the idea of Black widow being Ultimate War MAchine. ANd that litle problem with Cap and Wasp was cool.

Hey, are Quicksilver and Scarlet witch official members of the main team now or are they still in the "shadow team"

It looks like they've gone public. Being there with Cap et al in the street. I guess the media must have forgiven them for their parentage.
Has wanda actually done anything with her powers yet? And are they still just a reverse longshot type thing?

Guijllons said:
I guess the media must have forgiven them for their parentage.

How big of them. :lol:

Does anyone actually have the urge to check whether or not we demanded they never Ultimize Oprah?

Caduceus said:
Does anyone actually have the urge to check whether or not we demanded they never Ultimize Oprah?

I'm pretty sure it was one of those unwritten things.

Before reading the actual pages, I actually thought that Iron Maiden was Ultron or even War Machine, however, when I found out that it was Black Widow, I puked... Relationships don't lead to your boyfriend making you your own suit...

The relationship with Jan and Captain really is a headache and is serving no purpose but to show the gap between Captain and the modern world. I think there is a better way to do it than having a relationship with someone.

Latest posts

Back