Newsarama previews Ultimates 2 #8 with Millar interview

UltimateE said:
Involving Bucky?
Nah, the Union coming to take cap down.

Loki was sneaky, but that's his nature, the traitor releasing the files was sneaky, even Hank, he was 'phased' out. The attack on Hawkeye was a blatant act, something which could have been designed to turn the attention to Cap next. It's what Millar has been doing to us after all.

It just bugs me that the Hawkeye attack was such a different MO.

Guijllons said:
Nah, the Union coming to take cap down.

Heh - you know, when I wrote that I was joking in light of Goodwill's comment about Bucky being the traitor...but how tragic would it be if Bucky really was forced to bring Cap out like that where the Union (or whomever) could strike at him? Look at the last page at the panel of Bucky's face - what if he's saying, "I'm so sorry Steve" or something like that?

UltimateE said:
Heh - you know, when I wrote that I was joking in light of Goodwill's comment about Bucky being the traitor...but how tragic would it be if Bucky really was forced to bring Cap out like that where the Union (or whomever) could strike at him? Look at the last page at the panel of Bucky's face - what if he's saying, "I'm so sorry Steve" or something like that?
Or, "Sorry chum, You're nuts and you're going down"

Now that would be classic :D

Guijllons said:
Or, "Sorry chum, You're nuts and you're going down"

Now that would be classic :D

And then he rips his face off and it turns out he was wearing a mask and it was the Red Skull the whole time. :D

UltimateE said:

I can't see how that'd be delivered at this point. But it would be touching and pretty awesome if it's how it happened. Just Bucky doesn't have enough to do with The Ultimates to be the one to draw Cap out y'know?

TheManWithoutFear said:
I can't see how that'd be delivered at this point. But it would be touching and pretty awesome if it's how it happened. Just Bucky doesn't have enough to do with The Ultimates to be the one to draw Cap out y'know?

I think Bucky may be drawing him out. After all, Bucky recognizes Fury instantly in V1 and the hints are played out from the beginning...

"Do I have to pull my gun on you, old-timer?"

TheManWithoutFear said:
It's actually possible, and it does look like he is, too.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Just Bucky doesn't have enough to do with The Ultimates to be the one to draw Cap out y'know?

Keep in mind I'm not suggesting Bucky is the traitor...

OK. one of two things is going to happen: as someone said, and I have said before too in my countless theories (re: 5), it could be stark, with his steps of the "Plan" (hmmm, xavier had a plan too under Millar... Millar must like plans), and all those people could be stark's goons, like they went to hawkeye, to take out those most loyal to fury before he takes them down. And maybe stark is communist so we can bring in Communist Russia (Iron Maiden armor) and China.

OR---

Cap is the traitor, and Fury paid old patriot Bucky to bring cap to the forest/graveyard for the union to take him down, just as we are all saying.

Buy i still am thinking tony.

Ok, here's a thought-

Let's say Hawkeye saw that it was Cap who shot him and his family (not saying it's the actual Cap). Fury doesn't want to go straight to Cap for some reason (or maybe Fury just didn't know his location), so he enlists Bucky to help draw out Cap, and try to subdue him there.

Like I said, its just a thought.

Ultimate Speculation

I used to think that Cap was the traitor, but now I am not so sure. It looks like he is going to be taken out or arrested - possibly by the Union. I have been thinking that Fury wants to romove all the "old ultimates" and replace them with super-soldiers. The traitor might have psed as Cap and taken out Hawkeye and made it look like Cap did it, thus removing Cap from the picture. Iget the idea, and I have not worked out the details, but all the characters who have been removed (Cap, Hulk, Hank, Thor, and possibly Tony) will return in "Grand Theft America, fight Fury and/or the Traitor thus "Avenging" and become the Avengers. Still as I said in the beginning, I used to think cap was the traitor, but not so now. One last thought; Loki is a shape changer right as well as a liar, he might be doubletiming as Thor's enemy and the traitor assuming other's forms to do deeds that will be blamed on them, as in the case of Cap....

Latest posts

Back