Newsarama previews Ultimates 2 #8 with Millar interview

Yeah thats him....

And yes he did break the 60 foot mark read the newspaper article in the 'defenders' issue.

The same one where they get nighthawk down as darkhawk. You can just make it out it was Dr 'b' that broke the 60 foot mark.

Anyway i was not thinking he was the traitor directly but maybe another player 'eg redskull, loki, or similar dodgy person...'

Still unsure about ironman though, in all his interviews stated would NEVER become a martini swilling smart bomb...said he had a plan back in first issue, one of the cleverest men alive that seems to always be a bit dumb yet at same time...

Believed thor WAS for real...now maybe ironman just wanted ultimates out of governemnt control, maybe he wasn't directly trying to kill or destroy ultimates just get them out of direct control and more freedom to rebuild as independent team. He wouldn't be able to do that directly and overtly initially as it would be a big threat.

So maybe he can get them broken down but clever enough to save banner, (he was last to see him) play widow (by marrying her rather than what we all think she is playing him'
And obvioulsy clever enough to hack into any damn thing he wants...

But maybe someone IS a realt traitor and uses this to their advantage...eg Dr b - redskull

ok i dont really hold all of this just more random thought to add to mix not a cohesive plan or what just DR B and Tony still strike me as odd thats all!!

Didn't Millar name Eammon Brankin after a doctor he went to while he was sick a couple years back? If so, I think it's unlikely he'd name the traitor or any other nefarious figure in the Ultimates saga after him. Unless that doctor treated him with beer.

ourchair said:
Didn't Millar name Eammon Brankin after a doctor he went to while he was sick a couple years back? If so, I think it's unlikely he'd name the traitor or any other nefarious figure in the Ultimates saga after him. Unless that doctor treated him with beer.

I can imagine, upon the reveal of Brankin as the traitor, delusional fans throwing molotov cocktails through his office window.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I agree and you want to know why because I'm not even sure who Brankin is. And yes, I read the comic. But point is how big of a character is he?

He's the doctor with the big ears and the funny hair who talks to Banner once he gets incarcerated in volume 1. He's mentioned here and there, and I think he worked with Pym on the Giant Man tests. He's apparently the one responsible for breaking the 60' mark with the Giant Men.

Who is that person on the cover? It may sound a bit silly but would Proff X be a possible canidate? Could he have been mind controlling the ultimates? It seems like Fury depends highy on Xaiver for help in the mental department. Maybee Loki is to chicken to challenge Xavier's psychic abilites and that is why he plays second fiddle. Oh well its probably what we expected--The Red Skull dressed up as Jarvis. HA.

oh sorry I meant the cover to #8. haha. Unless Xavier could pull off something hes never done before.

Latest posts

Back