Newsarama previews Ultimates 2 #8 with Millar interview

WonderJim said:
I used to think that Cap was the traitor, but now I am not so sure. It looks like he is going to be taken out or arrested - possibly by the Union. I have been thinking that Fury wants to romove all the "old ultimates" and replace them with super-soldiers. The traitor might have psed as Cap and taken out Hawkeye and made it look like Cap did it, thus removing Cap from the picture. Iget the idea, and I have not worked out the details, but all the characters who have been removed (Cap, Hulk, Hank, Thor, and possibly Tony) will return in "Grand Theft America, fight Fury and/or the Traitor thus "Avenging" and become the Avengers. Still as I said in the beginning, I used to think cap was the traitor, but not so now. One last thought; Loki is a shape changer right as well as a liar, he might be doubletiming as Thor's enemy and the traitor assuming other's forms to do deeds that will be blamed on them, as in the case of Cap....
Good thinking.

WELCOME, too! :D

I'm usually not that good at reading expressions on Hitch's characters, but that chin strap smile seems to me to be saying 'We've got you know you bastard'.

Although I am one of those who believes Cap is being framed.

By Fury.They've cracked the Serum, and Fury has a fleet of Captain America's ready to step in.Remember the three Reserve's he didn't know what they were doing with?

Guijllons said:
The traitor isn't black
How many times do you think you've had to tell people that? :lol:

I'm torn now about Bucky tricking Cap or Bucky just being there. I want to believe that he would be strong enough to do anything for Cap, to even stand up to the government to Cap, but I also know that he'd probably back down if Fury threatened Gail and do as he was told, luring Cap out into the open. I mean, Bucky seems the type to believe that Cap could always win so that's why he did it...he knew Cap could win and he kept Gail alive. So I'm torn about what role Bucky is playing and I'll really have to wait and see, it could go either way for me.

However, they didn't need to use Bucky to find Cap. Satellite has a system that can pinpoint Hank Pym in the Red Lion Pub in Chicago...they can find Cap if he's still in New York City.

The traitor is wearing gloves and keeping his slit of wrist in the shadow for the express purpose of hiding the hand and the skin color. There is only one black man and if it was just revealed what color the skin was then we'd all be able to count out Fury. But Hitch and Millar are going to great lengths to keep the skin color hidden and therefore it's still open to debate. Why is it open to debate? Because the traitor is black and they couldn't just give that away with there being only one black man.

I have a question that I've been wondering about. It's major spoilers if it's correct, and if it's not and I'm just being stupid, please don't hesitate to tell me.
I seem to recall that there was a picture of Ultimates #8 with Cap in handcuffs circulating around the internet for a while there. Has it since been proven that that was a false picture? Or is it considered to be the real thing?

Again, sorry if this has already been discussed (I'm sure it has), but I can't keep up with everything that happens around the Internet.
If this is true, then I have a theory:

Perhaps this guy dressed as Cap kills Bucky and Cap is blamed? I'm thinking that this guy killed Hawkeye's family, and that when Hawkeye survived (oh, how I hope he survives), he told everyone. They did't believe him at first, so perhaps Bucky's death is just the icing on the cake to make it seem like Cap is the traitor.

Volunteer Fire Detective said:
I have a question that I've been wondering about. It's major spoilers if it's correct, and if it's not and I'm just being stupid, please don't hesitate to tell me.
I seem to recall that there was a picture of Ultimates #8 with Cap in handcuffs circulating around the internet for a while there. Has it since been proven that that was a false picture? Or is it considered to be the real thing?

This was a red herring I believe on Millar/Hitch's part, to throw people off. I think it was advertised as one of the covers, but don't think it ended up being that.
Again, sorry if this has already been discussed (I'm sure it has), but I can't keep up with everything that happens around the Internet.

Perhaps this guy dressed as Cap kills Bucky and Cap is blamed? I'm thinking that this guy killed Hawkeye's family, and that when Hawkeye survived (oh, how I hope he survives), he told everyone. They did't believe him at first, so perhaps Bucky's death is just the icing on the cake to make it seem like Cap is the traitor.

Very possible.

Volunteer Fire Detective said:

Welcome VFD. Good thoughts and yeah, the cover's been around but was taken away by Millar or whoever.

Dr WHO???

Um...sorry if i am being stupid guys and it has been brought up...been away from all this for awhile but.........

THis Dr Brakaber (or whoever)

Why is he always mentioned?

How comes he is cleverer then pym? (made giant men over 60ft)

How come he does ALL the sedation of the ultimates

How come HE wants the ultron plans

Um

thats all

You mean Eamonn Brankin? Was it confirmed that he was the one who broke the 60 foot mark? He is always shown in shadow... so you never know...

Plus, the person spying on Wasp looks like him from behind...

What if it -IS- Brankin?!

Oh, and the doctor in issue 4 when Banner is hulking out's name is Eamonn too... hmmmmm...

Brankin isn't a super soldier in the Ultimates army. Otherwise, I'd completely agree, he's a very suspicious candidate because we know so little about him.

If it is Eammon Brankin I'm going to point at you all and laugh.

Latest posts

Back