Newsarama reveals full Ultimates Annual cover

thee great one

Master of TOG-fu.
News-A-Rama Reveales The Real Cover To Ultimate Annual

[IMGL]http://www.ultimatecentral.com/cov/ULTS2ANN01fsm.jpg[/IMGL] Marvel has released the official full version of the Ultimates Annual cover, previously only partially shown.

The article, including some comments by Ultimate editor Ralph Macchio, can be read at http://www.newsarama.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=38740

To see the full cover, click here.

Maybe the spoiler is there is another Giant-Man? I doubt it since #7's cover was out before #6 and that had Giant-Men all over it. I'm disappointed. Good cover, but was expecting a spoiler, other than seeing new characters. Good's good though.

If those are supposed vision and ultron they are radilically different from the versions we saw. Personally I think that they're cheaper versions of Iron Man's armor. The 02 on the forhead of one of them might mean something though.

Woah. Hank Pym. You look so different. THAT'S IT! That's the spoiler! Hank Pym goes to South Park and gets a negroplasty!!!! I figured it out!!!

Is it just me or does anyone think that Cap looks terrifying in this cover.... He looks like a piranah. :shock:

Does the Giant Man look like Fury to Anyone Else?

And I'm going to assume that those are Vision 2 and Ultron, simply because the Two is only on one of them....

Yeah, Cap does look...damn. :shock:

Hey, does anyone think the Goliath looks like LL Cool J.

thee great one said:
[IMGL]http://www.ultimatecentral.com/cov/ULTS2ANN01fsm.jpg[/IMGL] Marvel has released the official full version of the Ultimates Annual cover, previously only partially shown.
This WAS NOT the cover that was previously shown. It was a TOTALLY different cover. The other was just Fury in a Uncle Same suit. Wonder why Marvel pulled that cover out....

icemastertron said:
This WAS NOT the cover that was previously shown. It was a TOTALLY different cover. The other was just Fury in a Uncle Same suit. Wonder why Marvel pulled that cover out....

Dunno, but if Newsarama is getting the cover from Marvel, and Marvel says this is the cover, then I'll take their word for it.

It is completely different from the original partial cover...what happened is a good question. Maybe Millar will shine some light on it soon.

UltimateE said:
Dunno, but if Newsarama is getting the cover from Marvel, and Marvel says this is the cover, then I'll take their word for it.
Yeah, im not saying its not (and not saying that you're saying that), but its just weird that they Marvel would just pull the other cover out and not even be mentioned at least why...

Time to ask on MW. :D

The cover looks weird. I think those robots are either cheap rip offs of Iron Man, or Vision 02 and Ultron.

Especially with 'The Goliath' and the two poor man's Iron Men... both of which look too clunky to be either Hank Pym's androids or Tony Stark's armor... and the fact that the issue is supposedly about the Ultimates and the Reserves (WTF are the foreign captains doing in there?)... does anyone else think this might be a joke?

Especially given that EVERY other giant SHIELD warrior is in the ugly red with the goggles or head covering, and this one is in camo and shades. And those ugly robots are like, four steps behind even the primitive Ultimate Iron Man armor that we saw on the sketch variant cover of UIM #1.

Cap look scary :shock: I don't think the "uncle sam" cover would sell as much as this showing action.

People on Newsarama are speculating that those robots may be Ultimate Mandroids.

Could Fury be letting the celebrities in on his supersoldiers? Freddie Prinze Jr. wanted it on the supersoldier serum in Vol.1, could LL Cool J be interesting in the Giant-Man serum?

There's Captain Britain, another European Captain, but not sure about those four guys behind Cap. Are they supersoldiers or random SHIELD guys?

But if you go to the Newsarama Ultimate Annual #1 preview, we SEE the people who are the Reserves, and LL Cool J there ain't one of them. It's a fairly large group too... and we see that sample? Why?

Latest posts

Back