newuniversal Discussion (Spoilers)

It's a shame that everyone forgot about this. I liked the first volume.

Yes, Ellis needs to get back to work on Shockfront. Less of this Freakangels and Gravel stuff, as well as Anna Mercury. More Shockfront. (But then, Ellis' worst work is still incomprehensibly better to anything Jeph Loeb does.)

And are you talking badly about Crooked Little Vein (sexual deviant book with private detectives)? That book is awesome.

I think this is coming back in February last time I checked

which means the next issue of Astonishing X-Men won't come til May

seriously Ellis wtf? I doubt it's the artist holding it up, because I remember Deodato complaining about how slow Ellis was being near the end of T-Bolts

I don't mind that Ellis wants to do more work on his creator-owned stuff, but I think that if he's contractually obligated to do X number of books for Title X for Marvel, he should be producing these works at least bi-monthly (ala Whedon's Astonishing X-Men).

Going more than 6 months between issues is just completely unsat in my eyes. No matter how good a story may be.

He should've finished newuniversal, then moved onto his Anna Mercury and Freak Angels.

As much as I love this... I really want to see more Fell and Desolation Jones.

If he were doing more Fell and Desolation Jones I might not mind as much, but he's doing stuff that I personally don't care much about.

Maybe it's just me, but I hate when I have something put on the backburner and can't/won't finish it when I should. It would bug me.

If he were doing more Fell and Desolation Jones I might not mind as much, but he's doing stuff that I personally don't care much about.

Maybe it's just me, but I hate when I have something put on the backburner and can't/won't finish it when I should. It would bug me.

As someone who tends to do alot of Short stories, I realize my mind gets tired of doing the same characters all the time, and writing about something else refreshes me.

This is probably what Ellis is doing at the moment. He's at the point where he can write alot of different stories and get paid to do it, so he capitalizes on that and does it.

Latest posts

Back