newuniversal Discussion (Spoilers)

I FINALLY read the first volume (issues 1-6). I completely forgot I had it.

I'm a little confused as to the status of this book, or at least what the current status is vs. the original intent.

According to Wikipedia, it's an ongoing. But the first volume isn't collected as "volume 1". And given that there is 1 or 2 minis that seem to be spinning out of this (I haven't read any issues other than the first 6 by Ellis and Larroca), it seems to indicate that those 6 issues were sort of an introduction to set up the universe, and Marvel would be putting out stories after that. Is that the case? And if so, has it always been the case? because if so, it occurs to me that that would have been ideal for the Ultimate Universe, starting with Ultimates Vol. 1.

The end of issue six didn't seem like an end to anything though; it seemed as though it was intended, at least at the time, to continue into issue #7.

Anyway, I really liked it and liked how it set things up. The cop mass murder scene in issue 6 was scary good.

Ellis is doing a second mini that hasn't finished and as been delayed for sometime. It's done by a different artist. There is also some really good oneshots.

newuniversal 1-6
newuniversal - shockfront 1-2 (these are the only issue released thus far)
newuniversal - 1959
newuniversal - Conqueror

Last edited:
Ellis is doing a second mini that hasn't finished and as been delayed for sometime. It's done by a different artist. There is also some really good oneshots.

newuniversal 1-6
newuniversal - shockfront 1-2 (these are the only issue released thus far)
newuniversal - 1959
newuniversal - Conqueror

I wasn't aware Conqueror was out. Cool. I'll track that down.

I just read 1959 and it, too, was really good.

Do we know what the deal with Shockfront is? Is it delayed?

Do we know when the second Ellis series is coming?

It was supposed to be an ongoing, but with the way Marvel is about late books, they just let it go to the point that they restarted it with a new number one that stalled out after two issues unexplainedly.

There have been two other one-shots to help flesh out the universe, and Jonathan Hickman of Nightly News fame wrote a third that has yet to be published.

I wasn't aware Conqueror was out. Cool. I'll track that down.

I just read 1959 and it, too, was really good.

Do we know what the deal with Shockfront is? Is it delayed?

Do we know when the second Ellis series is coming?

Shockfront is the Ellis series.

I thought Shockfront was sort of a placeholder until he did a "proper" sequel.

Well, I hope they don't completely abandon it. I really like it.

I think it is the sequel. It is written by him.
Newuniversal: Shockfront is currently on hold, with no official reason given. That said, in an interview on Marvel's website, Marvel Comics's Editor in Chief Joe Quesada was quoted as saying the following: "...Warren is very committed to newuniversal, so as far as we can tell, we think he'll be sticking around on the title as long as sales permit. Also, quite frankly, it's one of my favorite titles that we're producing today "

Latest posts

Back