Non-Arrowverse DC TV Show Timelines

• Help support The Comic Board :

Pro Bot

Swamp Thing 1x02, “Worlds Apart” (0:00:00 - 0:04:24)
Swamp Thing 1x02, “Worlds Apart” (0:05:29 - 0:06:39)

Why are these seperated?

selfishmisery

I can't find the Tweet at the moment, but Neil Gaiman seemingly confirmed that the Sandman TV series will have no connection to Lucifer (the show).

selfishmisery

Expected, but unfortunate nonetheless.
Sandman is Neil Gaiman's most cherished work, I would assume. I feel like it is definitely something he wants a lot of control over. 100% control? I'm not sure. It's still a DC property, but we'll have to wait and see.

David Goyer's involvement as a producer makes me think he's going to throw in some ideas along with Gaiman, and Goyer seems like a go-to producer for DC and their live-action properties.

But who knows?

Last edited:

selfishmisery

Random opinion (admist some dead air): I'd like to think Gotham is set on Supergirl's Earth (Earth-38). Gotham being the "darkness" of Supergirl's "light" world.
One timeless and (somewhat) 'grounded', one contemporary and 'fantastical'. Two parallels representing opposite symbols - fear and hope.

Obviously it can't be set on Earth-1 because of the different Nyssas and Cyrus Golds, Nora Fries being dead in Gotham, etc. Although, I think the idea of Gotham taking place in Earth-38's past would condense things slightly, since Supergirl's Earth already has its own Batman who we still know nothing about. Gotham (the show) could fill that hole, while Batwoman fills the hole of Earth-1's Batman story.

Last edited:

Pro Bot

Random opinion (admist some dead air): I'd like to think Gotham is set on Supergirl's Earth (Earth-38). Gotham being the "darkness" of Supergirl's "light" world.
One timeless and (somewhat) 'grounded', one contemporary and 'fantastical'. Two parallels representing opposite symbols - fear and hope.

Obviously it can't be set on Earth-1 because of the different Nyssas and Cyrus Golds, Nora Fries being dead in Gotham, etc. Although, I think the idea of Gotham taking place in Earth-38's past would condense things slightly, since Supergirl's Earth already has its own Batman who we still know nothing about. Gotham (the show) could fill that hole, while Batwoman fills the hole of Earth-1's Batman story.
I have the same head-canon.

Latest posts