Non-Arrowverse DC TV Show Timelines

• Help support The Comic Board :

Pro Bot

Swamp Thing 1x02, “Worlds Apart” (0:00:00 - 0:04:24)
Swamp Thing 1x02, “Worlds Apart” (0:05:29 - 0:06:39)

Why are these seperated?

selfishmisery

I can't find the Tweet at the moment, but Neil Gaiman seemingly confirmed that the Sandman TV series will have no connection to Lucifer (the show).

selfishmisery

Expected, but unfortunate nonetheless.
Sandman is Neil Gaiman's most cherished work, I would assume. I feel like it is definitely something he wants a lot of control over. 100% control? I'm not sure. It's still a DC property, but we'll have to wait and see.

David Goyer's involvement as a producer makes me think he's going to throw in some ideas along with Gaiman, and Goyer seems like a go-to producer for DC and their live-action properties.

But who knows?

Last edited:

selfishmisery

Random opinion (admist some dead air): I'd like to think Gotham is set on Supergirl's Earth (Earth-38). Gotham being the "darkness" of Supergirl's "light" world.
One timeless and (somewhat) 'grounded', one contemporary and 'fantastical'. Two parallels representing opposite symbols - fear and hope.

Obviously it can't be set on Earth-1 because of the different Nyssas and Cyrus Golds, Nora Fries being dead in Gotham, etc. Although, I think the idea of Gotham taking place in Earth-38's past would condense things slightly, since Supergirl's Earth already has its own Batman who we still know nothing about. Gotham (the show) could fill that hole, while Batwoman fills the hole of Earth-1's Batman story.

Last edited:

Pro Bot

Random opinion (admist some dead air): I'd like to think Gotham is set on Supergirl's Earth (Earth-38). Gotham being the "darkness" of Supergirl's "light" world.
One timeless and (somewhat) 'grounded', one contemporary and 'fantastical'. Two parallels representing opposite symbols - fear and hope.

Obviously it can't be set on Earth-1 because of the different Nyssas and Cyrus Golds, Nora Fries being dead in Gotham, etc. Although, I think the idea of Gotham taking place in Earth-38's past would condense things slightly, since Supergirl's Earth already has its own Batman who we still know nothing about. Gotham (the show) could fill that hole, while Batwoman fills the hole of Earth-1's Batman story.
I have the same head-canon.

selfishmisery

The first episode of Pennyworth is available on EPIX Now.

Also, posting this again due to the site mishap - Pennyworth is confirmed to be set in the same continuity as Gotham

Cannon revealed the series is essentially prequel to the Fox series Gotham. “I would say so, yes,” Cannon said, contradicting the publicity materials that for months now have described Pennyworth as untethered to any existing Batman mythology.

selfishmisery

MASSIVE Swamp Thing series finale spoiler

Matthew Cable is dead. I hope DC decides to connect his character to Netflix's Sandman show somehow... In episode 9 he even fell asleep in his car. (In the comics, he dreamed of being a raven right before he died.) That HAD to be intentional set up, right?

selfishmisery

I've never heard of this site, but apparently they have an "exclusive" about Black Lightning.

Edit: Oh... my... god...
http://instagr.am/p/B0tZlDFJpNl/
If we get to the point where half of DC live-action makes it into the crossover, I can't add it all to the DC/CW timeline. It's too much and too tangential, especially if something like BL or the 90s The Flash show are fairly standalone...

We'll have to vote on it, and I mean no disrespect, but I think it should mainly stay Earth-1 and Earth-38; unless there's any event of them traveling to Earth-2 or another Earth in the current shows.

Pro Bot

If we get to the point where half of DC live-action makes it into the crossover, I can't add it all to the DC/CW timeline. We'll have to vote on it, but I think it should mainly stay Earth-1 and Earth-38; unless there's any event of them traveling to Earth-2 or another Earth in the current shows.
I don't think it'll be that bad.

Batman (Wonder Woman counting comics)
Superman Returns
Black Lightning

Maybe:
Shazam/Isis
Wonder Woman
Lois & Clark
Smallville (DIrishB already did that one, so it won't be that hard)

I can't imagine Titans, Gotham or the DCEU getting involved. Just old series, really. We'll see. I'd happily watch these shows if I can get a hold of them.

selfishmisery

I don't think it'll be that bad.

60s Batman/70s Wonder Woman
Superman Returns
Black Lightning

Possibly
Lois & Clark
Smallville (DIrishB already did that one)

I can't imagine Titans, Gotham or the DCEU getting involved. Just old series, really. We'll see.
No. That is too much. Too tangential from the ongoing storylines of the Arrowverse outside of Crisis.

Again, I'll have to get other votes on it when I bring it up in the DC/CW thread.

selfishmisery

This will come to a vote when Crisis airs.

As of right now and for the potential future, I don't have the time to watch that many episodes for characters that may just appear for a few minutes at most.

Pro Bot

I understand. What of The Flash (1990) then? I'd assume that would stay, of cause, but it's existance creates an inconsistency with the other shows. Pahaps that should be inserted into it's own timeline?

Maybe just a note at the top of the CW Multiverse should do.

Black Lightning is a CW DC show, so it will probably be in the post-crisis Earth, especially since it's not just going to be cancelled.