Spider-Man One Moment In Time: And The Spider-Man Fandom Explodes In Three, Two...

Grocer Man

http://scans-daily.dreamwidth.org/1827697.html?#cutid1

And now, we learn what earth-shattering, Quesada-driven event led Peter and MJ to break up.

(This is the only time I will be posting here. If anyone else is interested in this, feel free to have fun. Don't let me or any other naysayers stop you. But I refuse to put up with anymore of Quesada's bull**** on the Spidey-marriage.)

(As a consolation, here's an off-topic, but much better handling of a Deal With The Devil.)

[video=youtube;S6yw2SmG674]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6yw2SmG674&feature=related[/video]

At least there's one silver lining here.

We now have a thread that we know will be a Grocer Man-free zone!

I don't know if Joe Quesada can even write comics.

I'd say people would be morbidly curious. But for the most part, it's all "meh" now because how long they took to now finally reveal it.

They broke up because Peter was gone for days fighting some super villain and didn't call home. They showed that in the red headed stranger arc, i thought. Or was that just to show the conflict that was building?

**** Yeah!! Dr. Facilier!

There was something posted before the song... wasn't there? Oh well, it's probably not important.

What am I not getting, here? She married an alien symbiote? I don't get it.

I don't know if Joe Quesada can even write comics.

Daredevil: Father was...okay. That's the only writing of his I've ever read, I think.

What am I not getting, here? She married an alien symbiote? I don't get it.

naw, Back in the 80s when they got married, Spidey was still wearing the black (cloth) costume. They're actually paying attention to continuity. And btw I just went back and re-read ASM #605 and I still read that issue as the reason they broke up. MJ got sick of Peter's life as Spidey. She thought he was being ridiculous by letting one moment (Uncle Ben's death, or the moment that he failed to act that lead to his death) define his life. That issue used the phrase "one moment" quite a bit. And now this story arc is called "One Moment In Time."

just sayin'

naw, Back in the 80s when they got married, Spidey was still wearing the black (cloth) costume. They're actually paying attention to continuity. And btw I just went back and re-read ASM #605 and I still read that issue as the reason they broke up. MJ got sick of Peter's life as Spidey. She thought he was being ridiculous by letting one moment (Uncle Ben's death, or the moment that he failed to act that lead to his death) define his life. That issue used the phrase "one moment" quite a bit. And now this story arc is called "One Moment In Time."

just sayin'

The wedding issue has him in his red & blues...or was that just like a costume variant cover like those The Other covers?

I *thought* that around that time he was intermittently switching back and forth between the black and the red & blue, and I also *thought* that he had a cloth black costume that was not the symbiote. Is that not true?

I guess I'm still not seeing what that image is signifying that people will be upset about.

The wedding issue has him in his red & blues...or was that just like a costume variant cover like those The Other covers?

I *thought* that around that time he was intermittently switching back and forth between the black and the red & blue, and I also *thought* that he had a cloth black costume that was not the symbiote. Is that not true?

I guess I'm still not seeing what that image is signifying that people will be upset about.

No, you're right, this was the cover:
AmazingSpider-ManAnnual21.jpg

and this was the variant cover:
250px-Asmannual21.jpg

And Spidey did switch back an forth between the two different cloth costumes, but in the pages of ASM Annual #21 he was wearing the black cloth costume, so the image of OMIT is accurate.

I'm not sure why people are getting upset except that they're probably assuming it will be as bad as OMD was.

On a side note, I found this:

3864_4_020.jpg

I'm probably going to be murdered for saying this, but I've really enjoyed the stories post-BND and I'm not bothered at all by it :p

I'm probably going to be murdered for saying this, but I've really enjoyed the stories post-BND and I'm not bothered at all by it :p

Agreed.

I'm skeptical about Quesada's capacity as a writer, or for that matter, the relevance of the MJ/Parker wedding, but there have been some good stories. There are a lot of mediocre writers working on Spider-Man, but Van Lente and Kelley are consistently knocking it out of the park.

I've changed my mind. As much as I'm probably going to hate this, it seems silly to not discuss it.

I don't exactly hate BND, I'm just amblivilent to it. There are good stories, and there are crap stories. I admit, I am not a huge fan of the Spider-Man/Mary Jane relationship either. If their breakup was handled in a non-sucky way, I could live with that.

The thing is that this whole ****storm over One More Day has made lose any and all respect I had for Quesada as a professional. I could forgive him for a crap story, but his behavior afterwards just disgusts me. His constant mocking of the Spider-marriage fans, both in-story and out-of-story have convinced me that Quesada has no sense of decorum or respect for his audience.

(As for the in-story mocking, I'm refering to all those times it was teased they were getting back together or at least some step would be made in that direction, and then there was a "shocking swerve" and it never passed. Like those wedding advertisments and it turned out to be Aunt May and John Jameson getting married. It just reeks of Quesada giving marriage fans the finger and it's disgusting.)

I have too, for the most part. There are a few crappy moments but overall it's been good.

don't forget NYX

Oh yeah! I thought NYX was really great. Especially the first 3-4 issues.

I've liked ASM too. I hated OMD, but the stuff since then has been tolerable at it's worst and amazing at it's best.

think I've said before, as long as this whole thing with the marriage being broken up is one long story that will eventually have a conclusion, I'm okay with that.

A story thread woven throughout the book of Peter realizing something isn't right and trying to figure it out, having a confrontation with Mephisto and eventually restoring the timeline would be great. Or even if they can't restore the timeline, but he and MJ can recognize what happened and be the only two that remember. Even if it means they don't get back together right away but the door is opened to it as a possibility I'd be happy.

I really want Desmond to come and drive Spidey off a pier so that he has a near death experience and remembers being married to MJ.

Latest posts

Back