Spider-Man One Moment In Time: And The Spider-Man Fandom Explodes In Three, Two...

I've liked ASM too. I hated OMD, but the stuff since then has been tolerable at it's worst and amazing at it's best.

think I've said before, as long as this whole thing with the marriage being broken up is one long story that will eventually have a conclusion, I'm okay with that.

A story thread woven throughout the book of Peter realizing something isn't right and trying to figure it out, having a confrontation with Mephisto and eventually restoring the timeline would be great. Or even if they can't restore the timeline, but he and MJ can recognize what happened and be the only two that remember. Even if it means they don't get back together right away but the door is opened to it as a possibility I'd be happy.
Sounds pretty good
I really want Desmond to come and drive Spidey off a pier so that he has a near death experience and remembers being married to MJ.
Sounds damn awesome

I'm sort of neutral in relation to liking or disliking Pete and MJ's marriage. MJ was really a great character, but after she got married to Peter she progressively got more and more annoying (to me at least) :(
Can't say how annoying she got after 1997 (since I only read Spidey comics from 1963 to 1997 and from 2007 to 2010 still trying to read the rest) but the few issues I read where JMS wrote her, she seemed a lot more interesting and fun, and well, I enjoyed her as Mrs. Spider-Man!
Gwen should've come back from the dead after BND though /hides

What shouldn't have happened was her playing doctor with Norman... eww :noway:
The story was pretty well written though!

Is the reason fans are upset about this because the wedding is being brought up at all? Fans can be so stupid sometimes.

Is the reason fans are upset about this because the wedding is being brought up at all? Fans can be so stupid sometimes.

Wait, what?

Ignoring Quesada, the continuity kerfuffle, and how bad One More Day was, there are people who actually like Peter and Mary Jane together. That portion of the fanbase got a lot more gas after OMD. And now this looks to take yet another axe to the couple.

How is that stupid to hate something that destroys what people love?

I don't know. I'm with E on this one. They're already not together and that's the status quo for the time being. This is just going to finally answer all the questions (although I've heard that enough that I'm skeptical) so that they can move on and do something else with the story.

I hated OMD too, but one thing I have to say about the new status quo is that they haven't just dropped MJ completely, she's still there and there's still tension. I loved the classic 70s comics of Spidey b/c I always waned to know what was going to happen with Gwen and Peter (although I knew she was going to die b/c i wasn't alive in the 70s and i read them for the first time in the 2000s) and then Peter and MJ. That tension hasn't been there for a while and it is again now. I'm completely rooting for Peter and MJ to get back together, but as long as they keep that glimmer of hope alive (and I believe they are) I'm enjoying the story in the mean time.

Wait, what?

Ignoring Quesada, the continuity kerfuffle, and how bad One More Day was, there are people who actually like Peter and Mary Jane together. That portion of the fanbase got a lot more gas after OMD. And now this looks to take yet another axe to the couple.

How is that stupid to hate something that destroys what people love?

I'm not talking about the quality of the story. I'm genuinely trying to figure out what fanboys are up in arms about. I'm not even talking about the story at all, really. The poop hit the fan when just the image was released. WHAT IS THE BIG DEAL ABOUT THE IMAGE THAT PEOPLE ARE SO UPSET ABOUT?

As far as I can tell, it's because there is a perceived continuity gaffe with doing a story about the wedding. But in OMD - and correct me if my understanding of this is wrong - it was the marriage that was removed from existence, not the wedding. Assuming that is correct, and it seems obvious now that it is, what is the issue with having a story about the wedding itself?

I'm not talking about the quality of the story. I'm genuinely trying to figure out what fanboys are up in arms about. I'm not even talking about the story at all, really. The poop hit the fan when just the image was released. WHAT IS THE BIG DEAL ABOUT THE IMAGE THAT PEOPLE ARE SO UPSET ABOUT?

As far as I can tell, it's because there is a perceived continuity gaffe with doing a story about the wedding. But in OMD - and correct me if my understanding of this is wrong - it was the marriage that was removed from existence, not the wedding. Assuming that is correct, and it seems obvious now that it is, what is the issue with having a story about the wedding itself?

I don't think it has anything to do with the image, people are just getting upset that they're even brining the whole OMD stuff up again. it's typical fan boy stuff.

and in other news, Marvel.com has some preview art of ASM #638 (OMIT Part 1) up. Including the panel where MJ is whispering to Mephisto...

Last edited:
Joe Q cover for ASM #638 (homage to ASM #100, i mean #50)

13020storystory_full-7909820..jpg

spiderman_no_more.jpg

Last edited:
You just don't GET it do you? It's an homage to ASM #100!

Last edited:
It occurs to me that for a guy who really wants the fandom to forget about Spider-Man/MJ, Quesada brings up the realationship a lot.

You just don't GET it do you? It's an homage to ASM #100!

said Watcher to Kristen Kreuk as LOEBENDIS almost ran her down in his maniacal truck of comic destruction. Luckily Moonmaster had something to tell you guys about nanomonkeys. But remember this, never forget this: Disrespecting Bagley is not respect!

since OMIT is coming out on Wednesday, do we still need this thread?

I don't like separate threads for pre-release speculation and discussion so I think we can just continue it here and change the title.

oh, okay.

Although I think in general the arcs would be pretty short. This one might be one of the exceptions to that; I'm sure there will be lots to discuss/complain about.

Anyway, doesn't matter to me either way.

EDIT: and in related news, here's something having to do with OMIT

Preview pages for ASM # 638 (OMIT Part 1)

so it involves a criminal that Spider-Man busted ALMOST getting away because a red pigeon flew in the cop car and ALMOST stepped on the lock.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back