Spider-Man One Moment In Time: And The Spider-Man Fandom Explodes In Three, Two...

So that was actually pretty good. They took pages from the original ASM Annual #21 (when Peter and MJ get married) and changed a very little bit which made the outcome very different.

And as for what MJ whispered...
She told Mephisto she would convince Peter to make the deal with him if he promised to leave Peter alone forever.
That's pretty anti-climactic.

And as for what MJ whispered...
She told Mephisto she would convince Peter to make the deal with him if he promised to leave Peter alone forever.
That's pretty anti-climactic.

That's the only thing that really bothered me in the story. I mean, after all this mystery I expected something more :(

What a shocking twist! MJ and Peter never got married because
THE DEVIL MADE A FAT GUY FALL ON SPIDER-MAN!

:roll:

Seriously, as someone who never read the original wedding, I thought Quesada was using intentionally cheesy and dated dialogue from scratch. I didn't realize it was actually cut and pasted from an older issue. The whole thing just seems anti-climactic and inconsequential. It's like, right when the new status quo for Spider-Man has settled into a steady pace, and pretty much everyone has forgiven the whole stupid deus ex machina that caused the new state of affairs, Joey Q feels the need to dig it back up.

Last edited:
Yes, that is real.

In actual continuity, the villain was arrested, but the Devil showed up as a bird and released him, where he got a contract to do a job in which Spider-Man shows up to stop, and the resulting fight causes the man to fall on top of Spider-Man.

Last edited:
Yes, that is real.

In actual continuity, the villain was arrested, but the Devil showed up as a bird and released him, where he got a contract to do a job in which Spider-Man shows up to stop, and the resulting fight causes the man to fall on top of Spider-Man.

Wait. The whole devil turning into a bird and causing a fat man to fall on top of Spider-Man wasn't in the original wedding issue, right?

Seriously, as someone who never read the original wedding, I thought Quesada was using intentionally cheesy and dated dialogue from scratch. I didn't realize it was actually cut and pasted from an older issue. The whole thing just seems anti-climactic and inconsequential. It's like, right when the new status quo for Spider-Man has settled into a steady pace, and pretty much everyone has forgiven the whole stupid deus ex machina that caused the new state of affairs, Joey Q feels the need to dig it back up.

Jajajaja.

That is hilarious.

.... **** you Joe Q.

is that real?, your not messing with me are you? if its real then I second Random's comment

Geez, guys. It wasn't THAT bad.

I thought the issue was pretty good.

Except Joe Q made MJ look pretty dumpy. She's supposed to be a model.

Yeah. I thought that was weird. (the dumpiness)

As far as the actual dialogue went, it wasn't necessarily all that terrible. I mean, it wasn't as bad as Dan DiDio writing a comic. The problem is, from an editorial and long form narrative point of view, it just doesn't make any sense.

Last edited:
Guys, this was just the set-up issue; the story isn't over.

Peter missed the wedding b/c the escaped criminal fell on him. But Spidey was fighting the escaped criminal b/c he went after the wife of the cop that arrested him. That's what's going to prevent Peter and MJ from getting married. The criminal got away and is probably going to go back and kill the cop's wife and then Peter will be terrified that the same thing will happen to MJ and he'll call off the wedding.

It was well written and fit into the original story really well.

Didn't Paolo Rivera draw this?

Only the parts supposed to fit with the annual where Pete and MJ marry :)

Right. It looks good too - it's inked and looks differently than the Mythos stuff he did but it's a nice retro style that fits the story well.

Joe Q. did the "modern" scenes.

I didn't actually read it, just reacting to what Zombipanda had in his spoiler tags

[video=youtube;LLxe5ry57IE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLxe5ry57IE[/video]

I may have to read this.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back