Pet-Peeve Thread 4: More peeve than you can handle.

My pet peeve right now is downloading Giant-Size Hulk #1 even though I was thinking of King-Size Hulk #1, even though they'll both be pretty terrible.

It's spelled "per se", mother****ers. Not per say.

And learn the difference between peek, peak, and pique. Things don't "peak" your interest.

*******s.

Last edited:
It's spelled "per se", mother****ers. Not per say.

And learn the difference between peek, peak, and pique. Things don't "peak" your interest.

*******s.

Agreed. If you can't do a word right it's bestest not to try

I totally agree with you, Zombipanda. Plus, people need to learn how to use et cetera. It's either et cetera or etc. You never, EVER use either version if you're writing a third person story. If you're writing from first person, I guess it's okay, but I personally find writing "etc." in a narrative to be nails-on-a-blackboard jarring, so I think people writing even in first person should spell it out as et cetera.

Idiots who phone your phone mobile or land-line, I don't mind if it's the wrong number but it annoys me when they phone my phone then get angry at me for not been the person I wanted , Like I wronged them some how. Then after you hang up they do it again and again.

It kept happening to me just a few minutes ago so I turned phone off and thought **** them. If they try it now let my mobile answer machine message I recorded off the grinch (the "if you utter so much as one syllable I'LL HUNT YOU DOWN AND GUT YOU LIKE A FISH ..... to fax press the star key")

People who make a left turn into the the right lane when I'm trying to make a right turn. Why not go into the left lane so I can use the right lane and we could both turn? Just because you have the arrow doesn't mean you get to pick and choose which lane you want to turn in.

People who make a left turn into the the right lane when I'm trying to make a right turn. Why not go into the left lane so I can use the right lane and we could both turn? Just because you have the arrow doesn't mean you get to pick and choose which lane you want to turn in.

Amen.

Even when there isn't an arrow, use some common sense and stop taking up the entire drive.

Amen.

Even when there isn't an arrow, use some common sense and stop taking up the entire drive.

Yeah, same goes for people making right turns into left lanes when I'm trying to make a left without the arrow.

There has to be a rule about that.

People who say a joke is "too soon."

What, am I supposed to wait a couple months and randomly go "Hey, remember so-and-so who died? Here's a funny joke about that."

[Edited as to not have people be butthurt]

Last edited:
People who say a joke is "too soon."

What, am I supposed to wait a couple months and randomly go "Hey, remember so-and-so who died? Here's a funny joke about that."

Nowadays I only hear "too soon" as a joke in itself.

People getting too wound up of a 15 second shot of CG gophers.

:lol::lol::lol::rockon:

I'm pro-gopher.

[Edited as to not have people be butthurt]

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back