Peter's future with the Ultimates

It is entirely possible for SPider-man to join the Ultimates given that he is in the new Avengers. It is not really possible for Peter to join the X-men, the only other option is another super team. If Ultimate Defenders goes ahead then this makes sense. What other New York based - non mutant teams are there?

Hold on... in 616 there are the Craptacular B-sides, or he could join the cast of Ulitmate Adventures!!!! :wink:

Well, there could always be a fifth member. Just because they consist of four people now doesn't mean that there won't be a fifth member down the line... It's happened before in the 616 universe, why wouldn't it happen here? Spider-Man would be the best candidate, anyway.

Yet again, Peter doesn't really have a choice. Considering what they've done to the other freaks of nature... Peter can join or go to jail. And somehow I doubt the F4 are a SHIELD-sanctioned alternative to being on the Ultimates. X-Men would have a better shot of getting Peter actually, because the school now falls under SHIELD's umbrella, doesn't it?

See, if I were an enemy of Peter, I knew about SHIELD's protection over him, then I would go for Fury. Does Fury have a life outside of SHIELD? A wife? Kids? Take out Fury and Peter becomes a lot more vulnerable. Peter also knows this and that's one of the reasons why at the end of the day he will always end up doing what Nick says.

Goodwill said:
I thought we talked about this and he DOES have a choice...
Yeah, the choice is a cell in the Triskelion or working for SHIELD.
longshotjimlee said:
See, if I were an enemy of Peter, I knew about SHIELD's protection over him, then I would go for Fury. Does Fury have a life outside of SHIELD? A wife? Kids? Take out Fury and Peter becomes a lot more vulnerable. Peter also knows this and that's one of the reasons why at the end of the day he will always end up doing what Nick says.
Um... you are familiar with the concept of a military hierarchy, right? You take out Fury, and not only do you get your ass stomped by the Ultimates, the next person in the chain of command moves into power, and life goes on. Probably Sharon Carter, although she's on a bit of a back-burner with the Ultimates around.

Come on JTG, SHIELD is FURY.

I mean the way it is run, it's focus, it's vision, mission, is Fury.

Fury knows that Peter will be a more effective weapon in his armoury if he takes in to account his family commitments.

Sharon Carter or who ever is next up to take over Fury may not have the same level-headed sensetivity as Fury.

Fury will put International Security in front of Peter's own private life, I agree.

However, until he needs to press those buttons he will give Pete enough rope to play with... same with Xavier.

No, no, I'm to assume that General Talbot, the person briefly seen in the pages of the Fantastic Four, would take over SHIELD because he took General Ross' position. We'll see, though, I don't think that Carter is cut out for the job... They may even give the job to Stark himself.

Goodwill said:
No, no, I'm to assume that General Talbot, the person briefly seen in the pages of the Fantastic Four, would take over SHIELD because he took General Ross' position. We'll see, though, I don't think that Carter is cut out for the job... They may even give the job to Stark himself.
- - - - who likes Peter a lot.

bugger me with a fishfork does this mean that in thirty years time we could see Spider-man as head of SHIELD?

I don't know what the hell you just said before Peter being head of SHIELD, but judging from Peter's character development now, I would seriously doubt that... He doesn't have the stomach to lead SHIELD.

:lol: Could you imagine his office? He's got a hammock made of webs in one corner, posters of Einstein in another, and his homework strewn across the desk, which, by the way, is sitting on cinder blocks because it's so beaten up.

Mark Buckingham, (yes he's a friend Goody before you say anything), did a sketch for a little girl I know, with Spidey sitting in a web hammock cuddling a teddy bear the size of him!!!

I think you're incredibly deluded about the situation within the government and SHIELD, but whatever makes you happy I suppose.

Yeah, I was wondering about that, too... Or an Ultimate Amazing Fantasy... That's a title where the writers and artists can get the crappy original characters out of their systems.

Latest posts

Back