Pirates Of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (Spoilers!)

How would you rate Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest?

• Total voters
marvelman said:
It was the teeth for me.
Yeah, the teeth really killed it for me.

I didn't recognize that she was the girl from 28 Days later either. I need to have a zombie day...

The ending of this movie made me think how those guys in the 70's felt when 'Empire Strikes Back' ended. It's a great ending but at the same time you know it will be a long and agonizing wait ahead.

Last edited:
Goodwill said:
Next summer is going to be nuts... I will say that I'm looking foward to this movie's sequel more than any other!

It's neck-and-neck with Spidey 3 for me.

Shrek 3 on the other hand, I'm not really that excited about. Shrek 2 was great, but somehow it just didn't have the same charm as the original. And Justin Timberlake has a starring role in 3, so that's not exactly drawing me in either.

Planet-man said:
It's neck-and-neck with Spidey 3 for me.

Shrek 3 on the other hand, I'm not really that excited about. Shrek 2 was great, but somehow it just didn't have the same charm as the original. And Justin Timberlake has a starring role in 3, so that's not exactly drawing me in either.

That's how I feel about Shrek 3. I wish these three big '3' movies weren't within the same 5-week span, because I fear Shrek 3 will take Spidey 3's thunder.

Before we go to off topic, let me just say that I wasn't intersted in Shrek 3 until there was a news item last week on additional voices (John Krasinski! Eric Idle! Amy Sedaris!) and what the plot was.

Last edited:
Finally saw this this afternoon, and while some of the special effects were impressive (Davy Jones and his crew, the Kraken), I thought this one actually dragged in places. I'll give it a 3/5 for the special effects and the sound track (even though that sounded like recycled music from the last Pirates movie. However, I liked the music from the last one, so....)

The whole "fight on the water wheel" reminded me of that scene in the second Jurassic Park film where the cast and crew spent 15 very obviously choreographed minutes getting the characters in the observation vehicle lined up on the rope so the vehicle could be dropped over the cliff but the characters would still be intact. It just seemed like an agonizing amount of work for whatever the plot point was. (Not to mention the fact that a bunch of the pirates had already done the "rolling cage down a hill" thing earlier in the film.)

Overall, I liked the first Pirates movie better.

That's it. For too long I've held my silence. You think Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest is just an enjoyable summer blockbuster which emulates the adventure movies of old? Think again, buster. It perpetuates racist stereotypes! Because every single person involved in the making of the movie, from Johnny Depp on down, was a racist. You think someone would've stepped in and said "Hey, maybe we should put in a positive kraken character, just so all the young kraker (not Krakens) watching at home can have a role model?" But no, instead the movie only served to attack the noble and peaceful kraken.

jtg3885 said:
That's it. For too long I've held my silence. You think Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest is just an enjoyable summer blockbuster which emulates the adventure movies of old? Think again, buster. It perpetuates racist stereotypes! Because every single person involved in the making of the movie, from Johnny Depp on down, was a racist. You think someone would've stepped in and said "Hey, maybe we should put in a positive kraken character, just so all the young kraker (not Krakens) watching at home can have a role model?" But no, instead the movie only served to attack the noble and peaceful kraken.

:?

what?

"Pirates" made $11 million this weekend and it's now #8 on the all time moneymaking films list (U.S.).

Pretty soon, it'll join the exclusive "$400 Million+ Club." And while E.T. and Star Wars may have made more than 400, they're not technically a part of that "club", as they passed that mark during their special anniversary rereleases.

Victor Von Doom said:
It was a failed attempt at a joke using the word "kracker" as a racial epithet. :lol:
Actually, it was just a joke about how no matter what, SOME racial group finds a way to ***** about almost any movie/television show/play/book/comic/etc. that's produced.

Latest posts

Back