Pirates Of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (Spoilers!)

How would you rate Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest?

• Total voters
ultimatedjf said:
Gore Verbinski has stated that he does not want to direct any more Pirates after 3 and that he wants it to be a closed trilogy; Johnny on the other hand says as long as the scripts are good, he would do plenty more.

UPDATE: The ACTUAL weekend numbers are $135.6 million.

(Est. were $132 mill.)

Gore Verbinski is hardly the lynchpin in terms of a fourth one being made. A new director is easily found. However, Johnny Depp is the lynchpin in a fourth movie being made. Without him and his Jack Sparrow character, there is no PotC. And with the gross of the second movie as impressive as it was, the money they dangle for him will probably be sufficient (assuming they try to make a fourth). So really it seems to hinge on the script. I'm guessing, as it stands now, we shouldn't be at all surprised to see a fourth movie.

Don't forget, the movie biz is a business after all.

Fourth movie is on the table, according to Bruckheimer.

http://ifmagazine.com/feature.asp?article=1569

Depp said that as long as the scripts are good, he'll be back. He loves the character, apparently.

Also, the script I read (And spoilers I PMed Ice and Sacred) was apparently a very early rough draft.

Ted Elliot said:
Check the author; it's really me.

Take the draft that is online with a huge grain of salt. Enormous, even. Remember in Ghostbusters, the size of the twinkie that represented the amount of psychic energy in Manhanttan? Bigger than that.

What's online resembles a draft that Terry and I put together solely for the purpose of budgeting and scheduling the movie. So about the only thing that might be accurate are the locations and characters ... and, even there ... yeah, don't count it.

In other words: Don't hate us for killing Norrington until after you've seen the movie.

What?

I'm kidding.

Schee ... lighten up, people.

I've read other spoilers (No script yet) that seem to make a bit more sense then the early rough draft did.

Last edited:
Saw the movie for the second time with like the last remaining friend down here. This time I paid attention to just the special effects.

The work they did on Davy Jones was absolutely great. Bill Nighy is perfect as him.

Depp was entertaining enough the second time to make me not wanna walk out.

Lynx said:
Read the first half of PotC 3's script. Everything is cool, more of what made 2 cool. . .except what they do with Elizabeth.

It's beyond bizzare.
Now I know alot of fake scripts are floating around. I'd expect this to be one if you think what they're doing is that weird.

Did the witch bug anyone else? She just seemed very dues ex machina to me. Like oh, here's a witch, in a swamp. God only knows how we got to a swamp in the middle of the carribian, where tropical locals seem to be the terrain. And she knows all we need her too. And has a jar of dirt. I dunno... Maybe more will be done with her in the third film...

Last edited:
Goodwill said:
Her house was based off an area in the early part of the ride, you know.

Ooo....I forgot to mention that part in the miniscule list of things that I liked about the movie. The witch's hut and the Island of Takgua or whatever its called had scenes straight outta the ride. The pirate chasing a wench in a circle, the pirates dunking a nobleman into the well while his wife and child look on, etc.

Props for Disney on throwing that in there.

Movie still sucked though.

Last edited:
ProjectX2 said:

Pfft. A little makeup is enough to turn you off?

I didn't recognize her immediately, but it turns out Naomie Harris is the black girl in 28 Days later.

Latest posts

Back