Pirates Of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (Spoilers!)

How would you rate Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest?

• Total voters
Lynx said:
Mm, I don't know about that. The compass was clearly pointing to Jack when Elizabeth was holding it. . .

...untill the end when you learned that she was standing ontop of it.

yeah but the compass did clearly point to jack a number of times, indicating that she was having the hots for him (not necessarily in love with him)

Re: Pirates Of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest

ultimatedjf said:
Okay, so the only part now that I'm confused about was that whole scene at the beginning with the people in cages screaming, getting their eyes pecked out, being sent away in coffins. What was that and why didn't they explain it? I thought they were pirates, but then that doesn't explain how Ragetti and the other guy got away. (I'm not even trying to make sense of how Jack survived. :) )
he went to that jail place to get that picture of the key so he would know what to look for; the jail was a pirate jail, and apparently he had some difficulty getting the picture. I bet there was more to that scene but they cut it because they wanted to give jack a big opening.-i.e. coming out of the coffin (or dead man's chest, as they are sometimes called) they kinda sorta explained it.

And apperently, ragetti and the other guy just got lucky :-/

I initially didn't think this movie was going to brake any records, but when I went to go see it on Friday night every showing was sold out, I instantly knew this was going to be big.

With the news this is breaking all types of records in terms of the box office, I don't doubt a PotC 4 will soon be announced (PotC 3 is already filming/filmed and will be released next May). Especially if PotC 3 does only half as well! Very impressive numbers, to be sure.

thee great one said:
That's not that far away. I was thinking a couple of years. This is good news.

Yup. Some of the scenes for PotC 3 were actually filmed during the filming of Dead Man's Chest. Its also been confirmed that the title of the third one will be Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End. I'm looking forward to it, personally.

DIrishB said:
Yup. Some of the scenes for PotC 3 were actually filmed during the filming of Dead Man's Chest. Its also been confirmed that the title of the third one will be Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End. I'm looking forward to it, personally.

Me too, especially since Kieth Richards is actually confirmed to be in this one. I was thinking he was going to show up at the end instead of Barbossa.

ProjectX2 said:
Me too, especially since Kieth Richards is actually confirmed to be in this one. I was thinking he was going to show up at the end instead of Barbossa.

Along with Chow Yun-Fat as the ruthless Chinese pirate Captain Sao Feng.

Last edited:
Just saw it.

Wow. Pure awesomness. Only problem I had with it is that it dragged on too much in a lot of scenes. Other than that, it was great action with good humor. The ending was awesome. I can't wait for the next one.

4/5

Last edited:
Ultimate Houde said:
To find out the truth. Why was Lizzy macking out with Jack,a nd what she really did. And in the first film, Jack was kinda like a father figure for Will.

Because of what the first mate said, "Life is a little bit duller now that Jack isn't around."

Third movie.

I guess that's a pretty good reason why Will would want to bring him back... But I would like to see some tension... Or, MORE tension between him and Elizabeth.

I've heard about the Chinese pirates... Not sure how I feel about that. What's going to be his role?

Goodwill said:
I guess that's a pretty good reason why Will would want to bring him back... But I would like to see some tension... Or, MORE tension between him and Elizabeth.

I've heard about the Chinese pirates... Not sure how I feel about that. What's going to be his role?

Spoilers for PotC3

As far as I know, the new crew's journey to World's End leads them to Singapore and right into the pirates led by Feng. I've heard that later in the movie, Captain Feng joins with Beckett and Jones to take down pirates such as Jack.

If you're a member of IMDB, you can get a ton of supposed "Spoilers"- I say supposed, because if they are true, there is a strong possibility I will hate the filmmakers after the movie.

Although I haven't seen the 2nd yet and I'm looking forward to it (though not pleased it beat Superman and not please with the audience because of it). I get the feeling this is a ... Jack is looking for power and is going to end up as more of a tragic character who just doesn't know when to quit and although he's not completely evil or nothing, the world knows it be better to not let him have the power he's looking for.

Or I could be wrong.

He's conflicted. To some degree you are correct, but there are complications, you see. Elizabeth explained it best - he plays the role of the bad boy, but starves for an opportunity where he can one day be recognized as a hero. He's caught up in himself, as I'm sure you noticed in the first one... But in the second, I would say that it was a bit more deliborate... If that's the word for it. Jack Sparrow is an odd anti-hero, I'll put it that way.

I'm guessing that Barbossa is part of the cast to explain how he returned from death why people don't typically do it. We'll see, I guess, when the third one comes out... I hear the release date is May 27, 2007 or something. I'm not sure. I just hope that, with new characters in the last installment, it doesn't get to corny. I thought they turned the obscurity of the characters into gold in the second, but magic can get bad if played up too much. RANT.

^Sorry.

DIrishB said:
With the news this is breaking all types of records in terms of the box office, I don't doubt a PotC 4 will soon be announced (PotC 3 is already filming/filmed and will be released next May). Especially if PotC 3 does only half as well! Very impressive numbers, to be sure.

Gore Verbinski has stated that he does not want to direct any more Pirates after 3 and that he wants it to be a closed trilogy; Johnny on the other hand says as long as the scripts are good, he would do plenty more.

UPDATE: The ACTUAL weekend numbers are $135.6 million.

(Est. were $132 mill.)

Read the first half of PotC 3's script. Everything is cool, more of what made 2 cool. . .except what they do with Elizabeth.

It's beyond bizzare.

Latest posts

Back