Planetary

Given that all the secondary characters were pop culture pastiches, I'm kind of curious about who, if anyone the Planetary four were supposed to represent. Ambrose obviously had a Morpheus/Neo thing going on, but I can't put a finger on the other guys. Is Jakita supposed to be the ***-kicking action movie leather girl?

I remember ourchair or compound talking about a theory (which may or may not have been supported by Warren Ellis himself) which involved Elijah Snow representing Alan Moore, The Drummer representing Grant Morrison (despite looking like John Cassaday) and Jakita Snow representing Warren Ellis. How or why? I don't know. But it was interesting.

Also, I still think it would have been interesting if The Fourth Man was Jenny Sparks. And if Elijah Snow somehow ended up raising Jenny Quantum.

I want the last volume to be published now so I can read the whole series again.

I remember ourchair or compound talking about a theory (which may or may not have been supported by Warren Ellis himself) which involved Elijah Snow representing Alan Moore, The Drummer representing Grant Morrison (despite looking like John Cassaday) and Jakita Snow representing Warren Ellis. How or why? I don't know. But it was interesting.

Huh.... That seems a .... tenuous ... metaphor. I could kind of see it working though. But then who's Ambrose? Millar?

ProjectX2 said:
Also, I still think it would have been interesting if The Fourth Man was Jenny Sparks. And if Elijah Snow somehow ended up raising Jenny Quantum.

I thought the revelation of Snow as the Fourth Man was pretty cool, honestly.

Last edited:
Ah, so I sat down and read this all at once. Sublime.

It was a fitting end. It felt almost like it was asking for a continuation, but I don't know what sort of route that might go, given that the team was about mystery archaeology, which is an idea Planetary abandoned at the end of the series. I guess it's better to just close the idea and let the characters rest.

Given that all the secondary characters were pop culture pastiches, I'm kind of curious about who, if anyone the Planetary four were supposed to represent. Ambrose obviously had a Morpheus/Neo thing going on, but I can't put a finger on the other guys. Is Jakita supposed to be the ***-kicking action movie leather girl?

In one of the issues, in the letters page, someone writes in and explains that The Drummer is Grant Morrison, Elijah Snow is Alan Moore, and that means by process of elimination, Warren Ellis is Jakita Wagner.

The other reason is because Warren Ellis hates black people.

Latest posts

Back