Please, Marvel, I'm begging you

icemastertron said:
You know, it's not a good idea to mess with the guys who can edit your posts and ban you if they wanted. :wink:

Hey, you're my lawyer. You do as I say, *****. Plus, I KNOW NO RESTRAINT! WORSHIP ME FOOLS! WORSHIP ME!

Last edited by a moderator:
Uh-oh, did Slim Jimmy do something wrong?

slimjim said:
I said smart***
*gasp*
It's not WHAT you said, rather that you said it TO someone.

There is no place for that kind of thing. If you can't say things in a civil manner, or in a manner without swearing AT someone, than don't say it at all.

icemastertron said:
It's not WHAT you said, rather that you said it TO someone.

There is no place for that kind of thing. If you can't say things in a civil manner, or in a manner without swearing AT someone, than don't say it at all.

But flaming can be funny....

I already said sorry. I was simply answering moony's and bass's question. Sorry once more :D

I didn't think smartass would be such a problem. I assumed something was said afterwards... wouldn't have asked otherwise. :oops:

Considering the amount of smartass-ery on this site (I count myself in this) calling someone that would probably just be stating a fact.

You guys are missing the point and the entire point of the swear filter.

Like Ice said, it's not the word, but how it's used.

Guijllons said:
Xorn + Magneto = Xornetto, a tasty icecream thingy.
Yeah, people in the States don't get that joke. We call the Nutty Buddies here.

Irish_4204 said:
I do hate how HoM will just be a simple way to retcon alot of stuff, but the Xorn issue should be.

I believe HoM will say something like Wanda created the Xorneto guy subconsciously. Something to that effect. For example, Wanda manifested different versions of her father. One as the mutant terrorist wanting mutant supremacy and the other a loving father. Who knows how Bendis could explain Magneto impersonating a Chinese mutant to infilitrate the Institute.
Yeah, I've got no doubt something like that'll happen.

Irish_4204 said:
I think Wanda will end up dying from HoM and with it the father she created (the one who survived the Genosha attack).
I like that theory better though.

compound said:
Manila-based artist Leinil Yu -- who illustrated Xorn's first appearance in NXM Annual 2001 -- did NOT know he was drawing Magneto's alter-ego when he was given the script for that issue. I know this, first-hand, because I asked him about it *personally*, when his band, Marty McFly, played at Geek Rock Night at the defunct (and much lamented) Quezon City rock venue, Millennia. (That was in early '03, not long after the big revelation during "Planet X".)
That sounds like a hell of a lot of fun Compound. Wish i lived near anything like that.

UltimateE said:
Disagreed - notice that the only people that Xorn "healed" were infected with nanosentinels, which were metal. What happened when they brought him to heal Quentin? He claimed that he wasn't meant to heal him, and instead turned and healed Scott (I think it was), who was infected with - you guessed it - nanosentinels.
You know, I concider myself a minutia kind of guy, but I didn't notice that. Good eyes E.

UltimateE said:
If any of Morrison's TPBs were worth $12, it's Here Comes Tomorrow. Do yourself a favor and pick it up - you are robbing yourself of some awesome reading if you don't, because everything is brought crashing together in that arc.
I still can't find that trade. I've got them all but that one. :(

compound said:
Manila-based artist Leinil Yu -- who illustrated Xorn's first appearance in NXM Annual 2001 -- did NOT know he was drawing Magneto's alter-ego when he was given the script for that issue.

He wasn't. :(

I'm surprised the swear filter actually doesn't get out the *** in smartass (see? Weeeeeird).

Irish_4204 said:
Who knows how Bendis could explain Magneto impersonating a Chinese mutant to infilitrate the Institute.

Yeah, because it needed explaining... :roll:

Goddammit! It was explained! It was a big plan to begin teaching the new order, get him close to Manhattan, and set up all his peices for his grand takeover in Planet X without being suspected because he was supposed to be dead and at the same time, pretending to be a victimised Buddah with a star for a brain. PLUS, his irrationality and aggression was further explained by Sublime! :arrgh: It doesn't need anymore explaining! It's like when John Byrne felt that the Spidey origin needed more explaining and had the burglar tell Spider-Man that he was the guy he let go free and it gutted the scene! :arrgh: I don't jump on people for making mistakes, but I do when they repeat the same goddamn mother****ing mistake every couple of years!

*reads The Ultimates*

*calms down*

God I hate Marvel.

compound said:
Manila-based artist Leinil Yu -- who illustrated Xorn's first appearance in NXM Annual 2001 -- did NOT know he was drawing Magneto's alter-ego when he was given the script for that issue.

UltimateE said:
He wasn't

I dunno why you're upset E... apparently even the editors didn't know. He kept it completey to his chest and told no one so it didn't get leaked. (Though, I think Frank Quitely, who was originally meant to draw the entire run, knew.)

I assume you can do that without fear of being rewritten when you're as good as Morrison and Marvel give you a carte blanche with the X-Men, you can afford to not tell them your ending and not worry about them going, "er... no you can't do that."

Goodwill said:
This is an indication that I don't think that Morrison really knew what he was going to do with Xorn to begin with and just used what he could at the end.
I couldn't disagree with you more. If you go through the run, you can see all these little signs (like Xorn only healing people with the nanosentinels) that all tie together far to neatly for him to have just decided to go....ok! He's Magneto! But drugged!

Just a quick question, have you read Morrison's issues Goody? Because I know you don't customarily read 616 and unless you have your just not going to pick up on a lot of the stuff.

Latest posts

Back