Please, Marvel, I'm begging you

Bass said:
So... in other words... it was all a dream.

THERE'S NO EMOTICON FOR WHAT I'M FEELING!
Like I said, that wasn't said officially by the Marvel guys. It's just people speculating. So there isn't "in other words" at the moment.

Well, I find the idea of people desiring to be mutants fascinating... Do you think anyone will play around with that later?

I doubt it considering Marvel is trying to remove as much of Morrison's run from 616 continuity.

It's pathetic really. 616 X-Men were dull, so they hired Morrison specifically to turn it into something new and original. He does, and then they ***** out and retcon the bloody thing. ****ing half-assed ****-eaters.

Bass said:
I doubt it considering Marvel is trying to remove as much of Morrison's run from 616 continuity.

It's pathetic really. 616 X-Men were dull, so they hired Morrison specifically to turn it into something new and original. He does, and then they ***** out and retcon the bloody thing. ****ing half-assed ****-eaters.
Thats pretty much it.

Goodwill said:
Well, I find the idea of people desiring to be mutants fascinating... Do you think anyone will play around with that later?
It's been done a little in 616 through drugs that give you mutant powers and it was done in X-statix. It would be interesting to see how the Ultimate universe handled it definitely.

I very strongly agree with Bass's rabies-induced ranting.

I've been hearing a lot of people saying the same thing... Well, without the cussing, but, yeah, the same thing.

If I could find a way to tranfer my rabies (with a bomb) to the ****ing weak-*** sons of *****es who've ****ed with the X-Men to date, I would but in a court of law, I'd be the criminal. ****ing judiciary system. Why did this never happen on Law and Order? Huh? Huh?

Today I brought "planet x". I loved every second of it, but it might as well not of happened since magneto, xorn and jean grey are back so soon.

Marvel ruined everything :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

P.s whats with the phoenix egg at the end

slimjim said:
Today I brought "planet x". I loved every second of it, but it might as well not of happened since magneto, xorn and jean grey are back so soon.

Marvel ruined everything :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

P.s whats with the phoenix egg at the end

Read "Here Comes Tomorrow"

Or just ask Bass to explain it. Just don't ask me to.

icemastertron said:
That you have to read the next arc to find out. :wink:
I dont fell like spending 12 bucks. Bass could please explain it for me pretty please. :please: :please: :please: :please:

At the same time, Morrison left the X-Men at a point where it was hard to pick up the comic. He had killed Magneto, he had destroyed Genosha, he had destroyed the Shi'ar Empire. He had defeated all of the supervillains he created. He made the Weapon X backstory even MORE complicated...

But at the same time the things he made more accessable were used to their advantage. He introduced Weapon Plus, which fueled the Weapon X ongoing series. He made the X-Mansion a school again, used constantly in Academy X. He destroyed Genosha, utilized to its advantage fully in both Excalibur and House of M. He also recreated the X-Corps as the marvel equivelent to the JLA embassies.

The one thing that Morrison did to really **** things up was how he handled Magneto. It was like he understood the idea of magneto, but not the character. Erik Lensherr would -never- do what Morrison's Magneto did, he doesnt have that hatred for Humanity, he never did. Claremont spent 30 years refining the character, having him realize that he didn't want to oppose Humanity, but empower Mutants. Doesn't ANYONE remember that he was the founder and the leader of the New Mutants??? He created Avalon, He took control of Genosha. The only recent action he took that could have led to Morrison's take was "Eve of Destruction", which was CRAP! Magneto recognized his faults and retired to rule Genosha as a benevolent Mutant Leader. Claremont recaptured -that- aspect of Magneto in Excalibur, and Bendis is using him that way in House of M. Magneto is a great character, because he recognizes his faults. He still has faults, and he still believes in Mutant superiority, but he's not going to go and bring it about.

And with Jean Grey... Her character is the Pheonix, it was made to be reborn and reborn and reborn. She was reborn a few hundred years in the future in the unchanged timeline, but then she went back with her godlike powers and changed it, so it makes sense that she could be brought back sooner. And anyways, the Pheonix exists separately and with Jean Grey. So when it came back it wanted to bring her back to anchor it, but yeah.... doot. I dunno. I think its stupid to blame Marvel for wanting to use its characters.

Morrison told a great story. Its over. Now its time for other great stories that -will- be able to coexist with Morrison's.

slimjim said:
I dont fell like spending 12 bucks. Bass could please explain it for me pretty please. :please: :please: :please: :please:

*sigh* since Bass isn't on right now, I'll just explain it:

The final arc of New X-Men is "Here Comes Tomorrow". Basically in the future there are a bunch of different warring factions, including mutants, humans (who are nearly extinct) and ton of genetic offshoots. The bacterial colony, Sublime is creating mutant hybrid thingies and causing all sorts of chaos in an attempt to continue its goal of forcing all the different races to destroy each other so it can rule the earth once again. In the future, it has taken over the body of Beast (who's now huge, white and sort of symbolic of the Beast of the Apocolypse) and finds an egg containing Jean. She wakes up, but since, apparently, she wasn't supposed to "hatch" for a while, she doesn't remember anything and mindlessly helps the Beast destroy entire races. I recommend getting it, cuz I'm not going to explain the whole damn arc here.

Dr.Strangefate said:
The one thing that Morrison did to really **** things up was how he handled Magneto. It was like he understood the idea of magneto, but not the character. Erik Lensherr would -never- do what Morrison's Magneto did, he doesnt have that hatred for Humanity, he never did.
But the whole point is that Morrison's "Magneto" was not Magneto

Caduceus said:
But the whole point is that Morrison's "Magneto" was not Magneto

I know, and Im glad.

But i've been told over and over that Morrison intended it to be the one, true Magneto. I'm saying that It's good that they made his magneto a diff't character.

Dr.Strangefate said:
I know, and Im glad.

But i've been told over and over that Morrison intended it to be the one, true Magneto. I'm saying that It's good that they made his magneto a diff't character.

Well, he was being influenced by the Kick drug when he took over New York...

moonmaster said:
Well, he was being influenced by the Kick drug when he took over New York...
Yeap. That's right.

Magneto would never do something like that, but the drug sure would. :wink:

moonmaster said:
*sigh* since Bass isn't on right now, I'll just explain it:

The final arc of New X-Men is "Here Comes Tomorrow". Basically in the future there are a bunch of different warring factions, including mutants, humans (who are nearly extinct) and ton of genetic offshoots. The bacterial colony, Sublime is creating mutant hybrid thingies and causing all sorts of chaos in an attempt to continue its goal of forcing all the different races to destroy each other so it can rule the earth once again. In the future, it has taken over the body of Beast (who's now huge, white and sort of symbolic of the Beast of the Apocolypse) and finds an egg containing Jean. She wakes up, but since, apparently, she wasn't supposed to "hatch" for a while, she doesn't remember anything and mindlessly helps the Beast destroy entire races. I recommend getting it, cuz I'm not going to explain the whole damn arc here.
ALL hail king moony!!!

Latest posts

Back