Please, Marvel, I'm begging you

slimjim said:
I dont fell like spending 12 bucks. Bass could please explain it for me pretty please. :please: :please: :please: :please:

If any of Morrison's TPBs were worth $12, it's Here Comes Tomorrow. Do yourself a favor and pick it up - you are robbing yourself of some awesome reading if you don't, because everything is brought crashing together in that arc.

icemastertron said:
Magneto would never do something like that, but the drug sure would. :wink:

That's exactly it. Magneto is being influenced by Sublime. To say it's not Magneto completely guts his work, which is appalling.

Also, Lee's Magneto would do all this evilitude. His first appearance? Magneto steals US nuclear missiles and threatens to use them unless his demand's are met.

Slimjim said:
I dont fell like spending 12 bucks. Bass could please explain it for me pretty please.

I know Mooney already explained this, but I am one of those guys who understands something. You have 12 bucks to spend on things. You can't spend it all on comics. You will spend it on comics you like. So convinced I am in the wonderfulness of "Here Comes Tomorrow" that you'll pick it up when I tell you what happens 'coz it's that good (and boy, isn't Planet X wicked? I remember when I got the first issue of that. I had to go back and re-read all of Morrison's X-Men run to date).

Here Comes Tommorrow is set 150 years in the future. The world is segregated, with mutants all over the place. Humans don't really exist. There are a whole bunch of new characters, including Beak's descendents. There is one human character, and he has a pet sentinel called Rover (who loves him). Evo (Phantomex's symbiont) is around and in a female guise - Phantomex died (but we don't know how). There is also Cassandra Nova (not really Cassandra Nova though, she's... well you'll see), the Cuckoo Triad and Wolverine.

We also see that in the past (our present), Cyclops is at Jean's grave. Emma comes up to him and he says he's had enough, and storms off, never to become a X-Man again.

Back in the future, we discover that the human and Rover have got the Phoenix egg and are trying to keep it away from the most evil creature around. Beast. Beast (who is all white) has control over DNA. He sets an army of Nightcrawlers to get the Phoenix egg. These aren't just Nightcrawler's though. He's spliced Multiple Man's abilities onto Nightcrawler so he can duplicate himself. Eventually, a whole bunch teleport the Phoenix egg back to Beast.

Beast then splices Cyclops' eye beams to the Nightcrawlers so that they can incubate the Phoenix egg to hatch. It hatches, and there's Jean Grey. Beast introduces himself as Sublime.

We discover that Sublime is actually the first sentient creature of Earth and it ruled Earth long before humanity (or mutanity) appeared. It is a sentient bacteria, and it takes over host bodies, driving them toward destruction and aggression so that Sublime can rule once more. Sublime took over Beast when Beast took the kick drug (which is explained here - and this explains Magneto's fractured mind).

Beast copies the Phoenix DNA and splices it with his own, then leads an all-out attack agains the heroes and he's unstoppable.

The Phoenix however, does what she does, and starts killing everything, realising she's being manipulated, she destroys Beast.

It's here we discover that there are an infinity of Phoenix forces, with Jean only being one of them, attached to only one very, very, very, small universe. She looks at it, and realises that she can save the Marvel universe, but doing so will mean that she cannot go back there, and losing Cyclops' love.

Back in the past (our present), Cyclops is at Jean's grave. Emma comes up to him and he says they have to rebuild the school. They kiss.

Jean Grey, holding the world in her hands, smiles, and leaves with all the other Phoenix forces to another, new frontier of existence.

Then, they all wake up and it was all a dream.

****ing Marvel. :furious:

Okay, the dream bit doesn't happen. But there's a lot I left out (like... er... the heroes :oops: ) but that's the general gist of the story. It doesn't do it justice, but it is, as you can see :rockon:.

Last edited:
Bass said:
That's exactly it. Magneto is being influenced by Sublime. To say it's not Magneto completely guts his work, which is appalling.

Also, Lee's Magneto would do all this evilitude. His first appearance? Magneto steals US nuclear missiles and threatens to use them unless his demand's are met.

I know Mooney already explained this, but I am one of those guys who understands something. You have 12 bucks to spend on things. You can't spend it all on comics. You will spend it on comics you like. So convinced I am in the wonderfulness of "Here Comes Tomorrow" that you'll pick it up when I tell you what happens 'coz it's that good (and boy, isn't Planet X wicked? I remember when I got the first issue of that. I had to go back and re-read all of Morrison's X-Men run to date).

Here Comes Tommorrow is set 150 years in the future. The world is segregated, with mutants all over the place. Humans don't really exist. There are a whole bunch of new characters, including Beak's descendents. There is one human character, and he has a pet sentinel called Rover (who loves him). Evo (Phantomex's symbiont) is around and in a female guise - Phantomex died (but we don't know how). There is also Cassandra Nova (not really Cassandra Nova though, she's... well you'll see), the Cuckoo Triad and Wolverine.

We also see that in the past (our present), Cyclops is at Jean's grave. Emma comes up to him and he says he's had enough, and storms off, never to become a X-Man again.

Back in the future, we discover that the human and Rover have got the Phoenix egg and are trying to keep it away from the most evil creature around. Beast. Beast (who is all white) has control over DNA. He sets an army of Nightcrawlers to get the Phoenix egg. These aren't just Nightcrawler's though. He's spliced Multiple Man's abilities onto Nightcrawler so he can duplicate himself. Eventually, a whole bunch teleport the Phoenix egg back to Beast.

Beast then splices Cyclops' eye beams to the Nightcrawlers so that they can incubate the Phoenix egg to hatch. It hatches, and there's Jean Grey. Beast introduces himself as Sublime.

We discover that Sublime is actually the first sentient creature of Earth and it ruled Earth long before humanity (or mutanity) appeared. It is a sentient bacteria, and it takes over host bodies, driving them toward destruction and aggression so that Sublime can rule once more. Sublime took over Beast when Beast took the kick drug (which is explained here - and this explains Magneto's fractured mind).

Beast copies the Phoenix DNA and splices it with his own, then leads an all-out attack agains the heroes and he's unstoppable.

The Phoenix however, does what she does, and starts killing everything, realising she's being manipulated, she destroys Beast.

It's here we discover that there are an infinity of Phoenix forces, with Jean only being one of them, attached to only one very, very, very, small universe. She looks at it, and realises that she can save the Marvel universe, but doing so will mean that she cannot go back there, and losing Cyclops' love.

Back in the past (our present), Cyclops is at Jean's grave. Emma comes up to him and he says they have to rebuild the school. They kiss.

Jean Grey, holding the world in her hands, smiles, and leaves with all the other Phoenix forces to another, new frontier of existence.

Then, they all wake up and it was all a dream.

****ing Marvel. :furious:

Okay, the dream bit doesn't happen. But there's a lot I left out (like... er... the heroes :oops: ) but that's the general gist of the story. It doesn't do it justice, but it is, as you can see :rockon:.
Wow. thanks to every body who answered my questions.
Im planning on buying "here comes tommorow" and "assault on weapon plus" :D

slimjim said:
Wow. thanks to every body who answered my questions.
Im planning on buying "here comes tommorow" and "assault on weapon plus" :D

It helps if you buy the trades in order.

What I look like bill gates. Thats a whole lot of TPBs. Those two intrest me most.

Last edited:
slimjim said:
What I look like bill gates.

......ok.A bit harsh,but ok....

Thats a whole lot of TPBs. Those two intrest me most.

As far as I knew there was seven,but I could be wrong.E Is For Extinction,
Imperial,vol3(Can't remember the name,was the one with weapons 12 and 13.),Riot At Xaviers,Assault On Weapon Plus,Planet X,Here Comes Tomorrow.

slimjim said:
What I look like bill gates. Thats a whole lot of TPBs. Those two intrest me most.

They really make a lot more sense if you read them in order....

UltimateE said:
They really make a lot more sense if you read them in order....
And HCT will make about a 2 of sense on the diddly-squat meter. Seriously, try and read them from the start, there's plenty of good stories.

Yeah, I got the first two volumes for Christmas a year or two ago and ended up getting the other 3 volumes the very next day. I really loved them.

Yeah, but here's what'll happen; Slimjim will get the ones he likes the sound of most, he'll love 'em and then he'll go out and by the others at a later date. The story's good. It'll hold its own no matter what order its read in. :)

Bass said:
Yeah, but here's what'll happen; Slimjim will get the ones he likes the sound of most, he'll love 'em and then he'll go out and by the others at a later date. The story's good. It'll hold its own no matter what order its read in. :)

Uh...excuse me? Did you just disagree with an admin AND a mod?!

Let's git'im, Cad. :twisted:

UltimateE said:

BAN HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BAN HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UltimateE said:

I AM THE NEXUS OF THE WORLD! DO MY BIDDING OR TASTE MY WRATH!

Bass said:
I'm sooooooo tempted to try and change your subnic to banned. Not to ban you, just your subnic. Nexus my ***.

Bass said:
You know, it's not a good idea to mess with the guys who can edit your posts and ban you if they wanted. :wink:

:lol:

Latest posts

Back