Pokemon

Nintendo DS: Pokemon Black & White Main Quest Only Has New Pokemon

It's been revealed that the latest Pokemon game for the Nintendo DS, Pokemon Black & White, will only feature new Pokemon throughout the games main quest.Players will encounter familiar Pokemon, but only once they've completed the game. This design choice was created to enable players to be 'on the same starting line.'

Despite the goofy-ness of some of them, that's not a bad idea. I like the reasoning and look forward to seeing more new Pokemon.

Then again, didn't they do that with Diamond and Pearl? There wre a bunch of pokemon you couldn't get until you beat the league.

Yea, I think so. I think you could still get a select few -- like Geodude -- but other than that it was pretty much a block of new Pokemon. From what I have seen the new batch of Pokemon has its good and its very bad. There are still over 100 to reveal so I do have hope.

Black and White are being released next week in Japan. A little more than a third of the new pokemon have been revealed, including the start pokemon's evolutions. People are complaining about them on serebii.net, but I actually like them. Looking forward to this game, hope it's good. Evidently, the game's first review, a Japanese publication, gave it a perfect score.

From what information I've heard it definitely is making changes. For instance,
the first gym is multi-type... Consisting of fire, grass, and water. You fight which type your starter is weak to. You are rewarded with a Pokemon whose type is weaker than your starters. So, let's say you pick fire, you fight water, recieve a grass Pokemon.

So the Serebii site had to take down all pictures in relation to the Black & White games because Nintendo claims posting the images violates the intellectual property Not sure what this means. The site has always posted pictures of the game from magazines before and Nintendo never said a peep. And the game is already out so what really is the problem?

But a lot of their images are from Japanese magazines. That's all legit. So why would those have to be taken down?

I get the rom parts. Makes sense, but not from the magazines. I want to see the whole roster!

Maybe they didn't get permission to use the images from the magazine.

Last edited:
Has this been posted yet?

[video=youtube;JWJH53I34XA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWJH53I34XA[/video]

That trailer has made crack up for weeks. I love it, wish it were true. I could be watching it for free on HBO right now along with Dragon ball.

Ice, give the new gen some time. I bet you will warm up to it. Some of the new types they have introduced will get you eager to play the new generations.

Latest posts

Back