Pokemon

I'm not interested in Pokemon, but I do respect the fact that it has proven that it wasn't just a stupid short-lived fad, and it is enjoyable the times I played the Gameboy video game.

What I hate is that Pokemon spawned one of the stupidest concepts of anime, in which people save and/or conquer the world using tops, trading cards, remote-controlled cars and other kiddie thingamajigs. At least Pokemon's concepts and the goals of the characters made more sense.

And to be more clearer on the Day/Night- It's not just Day & Night.

It's Morning, Day, Afternoon, Evening, and Night.

They need to make a GC/Wii version of Pokemon, in full 3-D, that is faithful to the portable games. I mean, how cool would it be to just be walking and suddenly you see a pokemon (instead of the flashing screen and battle screen) and then have an opportunity to battle it and capture it? Or to look up and see a swarm of flying bug pokemon?

It would kick serious butt.

They need to make a GC/Wii version of Pokemon, in full 3-D, that is faithful to the portable games. I mean, how cool would it be to just be walking and suddenly you see a pokemon (instead of the flashing screen and battle screen) and then have an opportunity to battle it and capture it? Or to look up and see a swarm of flying bug pokemon?

It would kick serious butt.
God yes. I used to dream about this when I was more into Pokemon.

All this "POKEMON BATTLE STADIUM FIGHTERS!!11OMG!" **** is just stupid. They took the one thing I didn't like about the Pokemon games and really all rpgs (slow *** turn-based gameplay) and turned it into an entire game.

Would it be so hard to do a full 3D game with ya know, an actual plot and different places to visit?

All this "POKEMON BATTLE STADIUM FIGHTERS!!11OMG!" **** is just stupid. They took the one thing I didn't like about the Pokemon games and really all rpgs (slow *** turn-based gameplay) and turned it into an entire game.

Would it be so hard to do a full 3D game with ya know, an actual plot and different places to visit?

shouldn't be that hard

digimon games

Jade Cocoon

they are like pokemon in 3d and they are for psone and ps2

I actually remember a fake screenshot of something very similar to a Pokemon adventure similar to the ones you guys are describing... It showed Ash running into a patch of tall grass with a pikachu trailing behind him. A lot of people thought it was going to be for the Gamecube, but it turned out to be something different. The fake screenshot boasted some pretty neat graphics, too... Better than the ones that they put into the ones for the GC.

Thank you!

Yeah, seriously, get it together nintendo. This game would be the ****.

I completely agree. Colosseum and Gale of Darkness, from what I could tell, tried to add in RPG elements, but they weren't very good.

Now, don't get me wrong, I really like the Stadium games and Battle Revolution looks amazing, but I'd love a massive, Wii Pokemon RPG with huge cities, vast wilderness, crazy gyms, and massive stadiums for League battles.

Actually,that reminds me of a mock poster of a Pokemon MMORPG I saw awhile back. I could totally see that, with each character being a trainer and you have League standing and such, with a massive League battle every couple of months.

I completely agree. Colosseum and Gale of Darkness, from what I could tell, tried to add in RPG elements, but they weren't very good.

Now, don't get me wrong, I really like the Stadium games and Battle Revolution looks amazing, but I'd love a massive, Wii Pokemon RPG with huge cities, vast wilderness, crazy gyms, and massive stadiums for League battles.

Actually,that reminds me of a mock poster of a Pokemon MMORPG I saw awhile back. I could totally see that, with each character being a trainer and you have League standing and such, with a massive League battle every couple of months.

That would be so kick ***.

Ok for people who like pokemon.

I have friend who has a ds and loves pokemon. I just bought to give them in a couple of months pokemon mystery dungeon blue rescue on ds. Is this a good game?

I keep hearing mixed reviews and thought oh no I've bought them a crap game. then i hear good things and i'm like cool. so i'm confused.

also planing to get them pokemon ranger on ds is that good too?

I've never played the Dungeon ones, but Pokemon Ranger is cool. Plus, if your friend will get the new Pokemon Diamond & Pearl versions (17 days, w00t), then he will be in good shape as their one Pokemon that you get from a secret mission in Ranger that will be for D/P and cannot be gotten any other way.

Ok for people who like pokemon.

I have friend who has a ds and loves pokemon. I just bought to give them in a couple of months pokemon mystery dungeon blue rescue on ds. Is this a good game?

I keep hearing mixed reviews and thought oh no I've bought them a crap game. then i hear good things and i'm like cool. so i'm confused.

also planing to get them pokemon ranger on ds is that good too?

Mystery Dungeon sucked. I suggest not getting it, and waiting for DP.

I've never played the Dungeon ones, but Pokemon Ranger is cool. Plus, if your friend will get the new Pokemon Diamond & Pearl versions (17 days, w00t), then he will be in good shape as their one Pokemon that you get from a secret mission in Ranger that will be for D/P and cannot be gotten any other way.

Yeah, but I heard the secret mission isn't on the normal english version. It has to be downloaded onto the game, like all the other 'special' pokemon.

In other news, I was able to play the diamond and pearl demo last night.

Yeah, but I heard the secret mission isn't on the normal english version. It has to be downloaded onto the game, like all the other 'special' pokemon.
That's not true. Want to know why? Because I have the mission. All you need is the secret code for it. That's it. And if you go to pokemon.com and then click on manaphy.com link, they'll tell you how to get the coding for the Ranger Net and then give you the code (that's been out since Jan. 20th).

In other news, I was able to play the diamond and pearl demo last night.
Lucky bastard. :x

That's not true. Want to know why? Because I have the mission. All you need is the secret code for it. That's it. And if you go to pokemon.com and then click on manaphy.com link, they'll tell you how to get the coding for the Ranger Net and then give you the code (that's been out since Jan. 20th).
Ah, well, I didn't want to get ranger, because of how Mystery Dungeon turned out.

Lucky bastard. :x

Go to a wal-mart or target, or any game store, and you'll find it.

Basically, it's awesome.:D You start out in maybe the 3rd town in the game. Your rival walks up, says welcome to Jubilife city, and leads you to one of the exits. He tells you to go down the road and head for a cave.
Before you leave, some dude gives you a pokemon watch, or poketch. Walk down the path, and you'll be challenged to a battle.

The pokemon you get are : Lucario, Mime Jr. and Roselia. I fought the otter guy, and the baby form of Mantine.

In-world graphics were great. The 3D was cool. Battle graphics were more streamlined and clearer, though not a huge change from Ruby/Saphire/Emerald.

Nice.

I might get them Ranger , diamond and pearl

Mystery Dungeon sucked. I suggest not getting it, and waiting for DP.

I already said I got it for them

See

:lol:

but yeah what's wrong with Dungeon? I'm only curious because I hope my friend doesn't think it sucks

I little more than a week away....
I reserved Pearl on Tuesday ( my friend's getting diamond), but didn't get the gay little stylus.

I'm hoping I get mine early. Back when Ruby/Saphire came out, I got them a few days before, because I reserved it. I'm hoping its true this time too.

Saw someone playing this at an EB games... Brought me back. Still can't decide if the game is worth picking up a DS for, though.

Saw someone playing this at an EB games... Brought me back. Still can't decide if the game is worth picking up a DS for, though.

I could really care less about the touch screen functions. The inhanced graphics are what I like. Aside from the graphics, and the wifi, I wouldn't have mined this coming out for the GBA

Latest posts

Back