Avengers Post-Siege Avengers news

Re: Who should write the New Avengers after Bendis leaves?

Eh? It sounds exactly like the difference between New vs. Mighty Avengers, right after Civil War.

Except now Spidey's on both teams.

You're absolutely right. Not sure what I was thinking.

Except - Mighty Avengers were the government sponsored team? I don't remember that. I really didn't read that - it seriously was one of the worst comics I've ever seen, writing-wise. And done at a time when New Avengers was pretty decent at worst and pretty good at best - it was a jarring difference.

I've lost almost all interest in the hype for these books. I'll read them when they come out, but until then...meh.

You're absolutely right. Not sure what I was thinking.

Except - Mighty Avengers were the government sponsored team? I don't remember that. I really didn't read that - it seriously was one of the worst comics I've ever seen, writing-wise. And done at a time when New Avengers was pretty decent at worst and pretty good at best - it was a jarring difference.

I've lost almost all interest in the hype for these books. I'll read them when they come out, but until then...meh.

Yeah. Mighty Avengers was Tony Stark's public team. They were supposed to be the big, epic, world-shattering event Avengers.

It was pretty painful to read.

Incidentally, the first villain was Ultron as a hot naked Janet Pym. His first villain for the new Avengers (heh) is Kang. I hope Kang turns out to be a hot naked Janet Pym from the future.

Last edited:

Eh? It sounds exactly like the difference between New vs. Mighty Avengers, right after Civil War.

Except now Spidey's on both teams.

What makes you think Spidey is on both teams?

What makes you think Spidey is on both teams?

the cover to Avengers # 1:
63581comic_storystory_full-5742721..jpg

promo for the New Avengers:
phpThumb.php

But then again the promos for the (new) Avengers book showed Cap (Bucky) Iron Man, Thor, Hawkeye, and Spider-Woman, but NOT Spidey so maybe the cover to Avengers #1 is misleading.

Last edited:

Bendis said that the first issue of Avengers is basically a set up for everything in the Avengers universe - so Spider-Man and Wolverine could just be part of the supporting cast and might not actually be on that team yet.

There's also an updated version of that Spider-Man poster here.

Last edited:

That JRJR cover haunts my soul.

That JRJR cover haunts my soul.

Haunts or hurts?

When I think of "haunt" I think of great covers that give me goosebumps and excite me into reading the story...much like these:

724979-new_avengers_050_pg000_cover_copy_super.jpg

23-1.jpg

26-1.jpg

....as opposed to something like this:

45_FALL_OF_THE_HULKS_GAMMA_1_JRJR_V.jpg

...which hurts.

Still waiting for the wild card...

Luke and Jessica aren't very responsible parents. I would think after all the recent incidents (Skrulls taking the kid, Cage being ****ed by Osborn etc.) Jessica would have no desire to be a superhero again. I hope they explain why she's doing it.

Last edited:
Eh. Most of those aren't clever at all. They're just characters with random catch phrases photoshopped over the background.

:D The Life of Brian one is class though.

As is Captain Marvel. "What do you mean the wrong one?"

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back