PS3 Discussion

Re: PS3 release date and price revealed!

sjmole said:
(for the purpose of this statement i will be using your $ insted of my £)

I know price is a tad too much guys but it actually good money.

first of all NO company makes money off consoles its the games that make cash

second it is a blue ray dvd player as well. Blue ray dvd players are estimated to be $1000-$1500 when they come out. Blue ray IS going to take over from dvd players so you will not only have a kick *** console but a blue ray dvd player for less than a blue ray dvd player is estimated at.

third even if they say $600 it will almost certenly get lowered by $100-$200 if the Wii comes out at its estimated $150-250 price range. It happened last time rember with xbox? ps2 and game cube lowered prices so xbox did the same it was still the most expensive so i say after wii comes out ps3 will cost $300-400

you'd be surprised, most retailers don't make much money off of games, pennies on the dollar amount.

:lol: love your sig nigma

sjmole said:
(for the purpose of this statement i will be using your $ insted of my £)

I know price is a tad too much guys but it actually good money.

first of all NO company makes money off consoles its the games that make cash

second it is a blue ray dvd player as well. Blue ray dvd players are estimated to be $1000-$1500 when they come out. Blue ray IS going to take over from dvd players so you will not only have a kick *** console but a blue ray dvd player for less than a blue ray dvd player is estimated at.

third even if they say $600 it will almost certenly get lowered by $100-$200 if the Wii comes out at its estimated $150-250 price range. It happened last time rember with xbox? ps2 and game cube lowered prices so xbox did the same it was still the most expensive so i say after wii comes out ps3 will cost $300-400
Good money? BS!

$500-600 for a system? And $65-70 for games?! Hells no!

At least Nintendo's price is $250!

Ice said:
Good money? BS!

Yes but nintendo is not a blue-ray dvd player as well. like I said blue ray is the way forward to how we watch movies at home.

and nintendo can have its $250 price. after all you get what you pay for. If i was buying a car and wanted a great car I would spend 1000s on it. how ever if I wanted a over the hill beat up old banger of a car i would spend 100s.

fact - Playstations are the most popular consoles now days
fact - Playstation 3 has the best control pad of next gen
fact - Playstation 3 will be the most powerful console ever
fact - most comany's give sony rights for games e.g Final fantasy series , Metal gear sold , Grand theft auto.

Now IMO it's a no brainer PS3 buy it , play it , love it.

this is an opinion. You will be amazed by my wii controller.

Ice said:
Good money? BS!

i forgot ice, you only play Mario Bros and Donkey Kong, so it is in your price range 8)

J. Agamemnon said:

this is an opinion. You will be amazed by my wii controller.

no I wont I have gone on record as saying I hate it with a passion .....

anyway if you look for my thread on the new ps3 pad you'll agree ps3 = best pad

So then your hate disables you from recognizing the controller as legit and, most importantly, superior....

Play3 has the best controller, is similar to the ps2, but if it was good then, why change it?
Wii controller still looks weird, not doubting the capacity for it, but the design... it looks like a DVD controller.
Anyway, the big titles will go to the ps3, but nintendo wii development kit (i think that's the name) will be 1/10 the price from the ps3 so they will have more independent games.
Since I'm a media/big titles whore, I'll buy a ps3.

PS31.jpg

PS32.jpg

PS33.jpg

Did Yall See FFXIII?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!???????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????!?!?111!!//?/?/???!!!!
That alone makes the system worth it!

Last edited:

slimjim said:
Did Yall See FFXIII?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!???????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????!?!?111!!//?/?/???!!!!

:rockon:

slimjim said:
No. No game makes a system worth $600. Its just Sony being greedy and stupid.

I just read that they're putting gyroscopes in the PS3 controllers for motion-detection. OH MY! WHAT AN INCREDIBALLY ORIGINAL IDEA! FROM WHAT GAMING HEAVEN COULD THEY HAVE CONCEIVED OF THIS NEW FEATURE?!

****ing rip-offs.

Latest posts

Back