PS3 Discussion

Re: PS3 release date and price revealed!

Ice said:
First of all, when the hell did I say I hate the PS3? Never did. Don't put words in people's mouth. I don't hate Sony, either. Do you know how to pay attention? It doesn't seem like it.

Also, I never got a PS2 around the first time it came out. My brother had bought it and there was no reason for me to get it. And when the **** did I or anyone say it was going to flop? Just that Sony needs to rethinks their pricing. You can get the system you like. No one's putting you down for it.

Slim, go learn how to pay attention so you can know what the hell you're saying.
Where did you see your name in my post? I never ment to hurt you Ice, don't cry. *here's a tissue*

Last edited:

slimjim said:
Where did you see you name in my post? I never ment to hurt you Ice, don't cry. *here's a tissue*
*Throws away tissue*

You must be crying to think I am. My name isn't in your post, but when you quote what I say, and write "you", it sure makes it sound like you're directing that at me. When you speak in general, state it or just don't quote me.

Ice said:
*Throws away tissue*

You must be crying to think I am. My name isn't in your post, but when you quote what I say, and write "you", it sure makes it sound like you're directing that at me. When you speak in general, state it or just don't quote me.
You ever heard "you" as in "you all"??

Last edited by a moderator:

Woah, Civil War, wich side are you on? Wii or ps3?
Well either way this does not change the fact that we are mere marketing tools for the non fanboys. Our war is used to sell more and more videogames, You get angrier and they get richier, is it worth it? IS IT WORTH IT? I say we march to E3 and steal all we can!

Ps: 1000 post :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

slimjim said:
If it isn't Mario handball/baseball/golf/poker/hide and seek/tag/football you don't like it?????

When I'm playing games I'm not thinking to myself "Gee this console has so much substance who cares about flashy graphics or great games I want sunstance I want mines to stand out!!!!" graphics and games is what video games are all about. Can't believe people are hating sony because it's going to have the best graphics.........Like how dare they make there console have incredible graphics and nice CGI :roll:
Oh and you can rest assure PS4 will be ill!
By "Substance" I mean original, inventive, fun gameplay. I mean games that try new things and take chances rather than selling you a prettier version of the same **** you've played 3 (or 11) times before. But Nintendo seems to be the only company willing to do that today. Its actually depressing. What will become of games if all anyone cares about are pretty graphics and buzzwords? I think the modern game industry is slowly turning into the comic book industry in the 90s. All pretty pictures with nothing to show for it.

And graphics are not what "games are all about". Give me a solid, 2-D Metroid or Mario and I'll push all those boring, nice-looking first-person-shooters to the side. Games are about GAMEPLAY, and Nintendo seems to be the only company willing to take chances in order to deliver the most exciting and memorable experiences in gaming.
sjmole said:
Wrong! I thought that at first too. but someone on a games mesage board i go on posted a thing that had sony mention working on the control pad 2-4 years ago!

The only thing sont changed resonatly was from a boomarang to ps2 type pad. still same thing just changed the shape.
Ooohh, I'm absolutely sure :roll: ...
Dude the playstation has the graphics , has the control pad , has the game now if games + controlpad means nothing to you then what the hell dose?
How about some sort of progression. An actual step forward in gameplay.
slimjim said:
You can hate all you want but the PS3 will definitely not flop.
You keep telling yourself that, slim.

"Mommy! Mommy! Can I get the new PS3 for Christmas!"
"Maybe...How much is it?"
"$600."
"... You really need to quit asking stupid questions."

I only know 2 or 3 people who have the XBOX360. Everyone else says its too expensive. Now imagine their reaction when they learn the PS3 will cost 10 times as much as the most extravagant party on "My Super Sweet 16". Only hardcore gamers are going to buy the PS3 when it first comes out. Everyone else will have to wait for the price to drop......Probably only to $400......And probably in 6 years.

Goddamn gamers and their opinions.

moonmaster said:
By "Substance" I mean original, inventive, fun gameplay. I mean games that try new things and take chances rather than selling you a prettier version of the same **** you've played 3 (or 11) times before. But Nintendo seems to be the only company willing to do that today. Its actually depressing. What will become of games if all anyone cares about are pretty graphics and buzzwords? I think the modern game industry is slowly turning into the comic book industry in the 90s. All pretty pictures with nothing to show for it.
W.e lets just say I completely disagree with you. And you and I keep saying the same **** over and over.

And graphics are not what "games are all about". Give me a solid, 2-D Metroid or Mario and I'll push all those boring, nice-looking first-person-shooters to the side. Games are about GAMEPLAY, and Nintendo seems to be the only company willing to take chances in order to deliver the most exciting and memorable experiences in gaming.
You're the fiirst person I know who would say that. 2-d metroid prime over halo?

You keep telling yourself that, slim.

"Mommy! Mommy! Can I get the new PS3 for Christmas!"
"Maybe...How much is it?"
"$600."
"... You really need to quit asking stupid questions."

I only know 2 or 3 people who have the XBOX360. Everyone else says its too expensive. Now imagine their reaction when they learn the PS3 will cost 10 times as much as the most extravagant party on "My Super Sweet 16". Only hardcore gamers are going to buy the PS3 when it first comes out. Everyone else will have to wait for the price to drop......Probably only to $400......And probably in 6 years.
QUOTE]
I'll put your momz out on the corner she'll $500 reel quick!! :p :p :p

When the majority of the public thinks video games they think x-box or playstation. Other people rather play 2-d metroid prime but hey that's fine

slimjim said:
W.e lets just say I completely disagree with you. And you and I keep saying the same **** over and over.
And so do you.
You're the fiirst person I know who would say that. 2-d metroid prime over halo?
DEFINITELY. Again, its about good games, not good graphics.
I'll put your momz out on the corner she'll $500 reel quick!! :p :p :p
I can't wait until you say something like that to someone in real life and get the **** kicked out of you. :D
When the majority of the public thinks video games they think x-box or playstation. Other people rather play 2-d metroid prime but hey that's fine
The dozens and dozens of kids at my school with old-school Nintendo shirts would beg to differ. The fact of the matter is that you wouldn't be able to live out your hooker-killing fantasies or shoot at "Blueray-texture-mapped-real-rendered-whatever-the-****-new-word-Sony-just-made-up-to-sell-games" aliens if Nintendo hadn't singlehandedly made games what they are today. You can thank God that Shigeru Miyamoto was making games in the eighties and not the idiots who run Sony.

I can't believe you guys are still fighting about the videogames, no one will be able to convince the other, your minds are already made up, cease hostilities while you can, this is not a war worth fighting!

Ultimate Quicksilver said:
I can't believe you guys are still fighting about the videogames, no one will be able to convince the other, your minds are already made up, cease hostilities while you can, this is not a war worth fighting!
I can always kill Slim. He's a midget, so it'll be easy.

Ultimate Quicksilver said:

Isn't this thread to post what you believe to be true? We should be fighting to show the other side what we think...UC should be a free country...not a website.

Oh **** you all, I'm buying both of them.

J. Agamemnon said:
Isn't this thread to post what you believe to be true? We should be fighting to show the other side what we think...UC should be a free country...not a website.
I swear to god I'm watching to damn war movies. :lol: :lol: :lol:

DEFINITELY. Again, its about good games, not good graphics.
You might as well argue pong is the G.O.A.T
moonmaster said:
I can't wait until you say something like that to someone in real life and get the **** kicked out of you. :D
In real life I don't get the **** kicked out of me.

The dozens and dozens of kids at my school with old-school Nintendo shirts would beg to differ. The fact of the matter is that you wouldn't be able to live out your hooker-killing fantasies or shoot at "Blueray-texture-mapped-real-rendered-whatever-the-****-new-word-Sony-just-made-up-to-sell-games" aliens if Nintendo hadn't singlehandedly made games what they are today. You can thank God that Shigeru Miyamoto was making games in the eighties and not the idiots who run Sony.
Are they all those kids super hardcore nintendo fans who praise nintendo has Jahova? C'mon they had something to do with making games what they are today but single handedy? And they've been trying to catch up to sony since the N64 by lowering prices, and making stuff like the "Wii"

Good for you fence straddler.... I will too, when it costs 150 at a local pawn shop

moonmaster said:
I can always kill Slim. He's a midget, so it'll be easy.
For all we know you are an obese 30 year old wally beaver look a like. There's photographic evidence I'm not a midget we can't say the same for you :wink:

also notice how I don't go into nintendo threads cuz one of these debates will happen that never end will start.

Last edited:
slimjim said:
You might as well argue pong is the G.O.A.T
Poor slim. What is it like to have no taste?
In real life I don't get the **** kicked out of me.
Yeah, you keep telling yourself that. Here's an icepack for that blackeye.
Are they all those kids super hardcore nintendo fans who praise nintendo has Jahova? C'mon they had something to do with making games what they are today but single handedy? And they've been trying to catch up to sony since the N64 by lowering prices, and making stuff like the "Wii"
In the mid 80s, console gaming was believed to be dead. People simply considered it a shortlived trend. That is, until the NES came out. The only reason why Sony decided to do their own console is because they disagreed with Nintnedo about one they were building together. So competing with Nintendo was the major drive for the PS1. Again, thank Miyamoto for your pretty graphics.

And Nintendo has benefitted greatly from being outsold by Sony. Its allowed them to realize that the best way to draw in gamers is not only to make inventive games but make inventive systems that provide experiences you can't get anywhere else. Creatively, Sony's success has been a huge boon for Nintendo (and judging by recent DS/PSP sales figures, its turning out to be a financial one, too).

slimjim said:
For all we know you are an obese 30 year old wally beaver look a like. There's photographic evidence I'm not a midget we can't say the same for you :wink:
Dude, you look like a six-year-old. :lol:

moonmaster said:
The fact of the matter is that you wouldn't be able to live out your hooker-killing fantasies or shoot at "Blueray-texture-mapped-real-rendered-whatever-the-****-new-word-Sony-just-made-up-to-sell-games" aliens if Nintendo hadn't singlehandedly made games what they are today. You can thank God that Shigeru Miyamoto was making games in the eighties and not the idiots who run Sony.

actually it's not just nintendo. Sure they have done alot but let's not forget sega.

Master system , mega drive / genersiss if in usa , saturn , dream cast and more. People think nintendo did everything first at it annoys me.

Sega game = coloured hand hold and had a tv adaptor.

Years later nintedo made gameboy colour and years after that a tv adaptor for the gba.

Sega made an adaptor for mega drive to play master system so were the first (or at least one of the first) to do backwards compatibility.

Sega dream cast had online

The fact is it was the console wars with sega vs nintendo that made games what they are. Then sony came along and changed what games were with the Psone using cd's while nintendo thought "cd's will never catch on lets stick with cartrages"

creid gose for to nintendo for a lot of stuff they deserve that's fine but come on. People talk about nintendo as if NO other company has done anything.

Moony you're sounding like the video game version of a christian fundamentalist.
In the mid 80s, console gaming was believed to be dead. People simply considered it a shortlived trend.
atari 2600 and calico vision
Again, thank Miyamoto for your pretty graphics.
(and judging by recent DS/PSP sales figures, its turning out to be a financial one, too)
DS outsells PSP....in japan.

moonmaster said:
Dude, you look like a six-year-old. :lol:
**** outta here!

Last edited:

I look at it this way...GC came out and I had like 12 games within 3-4 months. PS2 came out and I had 12 games within the first 2 years. My point being that Nintendo puts out better games faster than Sony does. Xbox had all those stupid outlaw golf,tennis, volleyball. At least with mario volleyball you're gonna sit there and enjoy it. What is Sony gonna have...Gran Turismo 7 and the handling is still gonna be a b!tch to get used to. Xbox doesn't even have a halo game to come out yet. All it had was call of duty and king kong. Wow king kong. ps3 is gonna also have 2 games come out while you're gonna have at least a Zelda, Mario, SSB 3 which are all the heavy hitters, not to mention the classic video game downloads available. I think they also have a metroid in the works. I like all the system so don't get me biased.... but I think Revolution is coming outta the gate stronger and more original than ever.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back