Resident Evil (video game series)

From what I've read...its about the events which led to the downfall of Umbrella. Basically, FPS levels from RE 0, 1, 2, 3, and some original boards that tie together the end of Umbrella.

Heh heh. Boards. I haven't used that term for years.

But yeah, from what I can tell there's a prologue level, a two extra levels that take place simultaneously with RE2 (There are no normal RE2 levels), a final level that details the fall of Umbrella and an epilogue level.

Last edited:
Heh.

It went on for way too long, but there are some really funny bits. Everything with the merchant is gold, the "Ashley! Hide!" scenes are inspired, and all the scenes where they try to do the stunts in the cutscenes are hilarious.

Anyone get all the way through Umbrella Chronicles yet?

I like it. I still have a few of the secret levels to do (Wesker's final two levels, Ada's level, Hunk's level, and Rebecca's secret level), but I think it helped close the current chapter of Umbrella's story (Although the new character, Sergei, was kind of a letdown). Even better is the mystery of Oswell Spencer, the Founder of Umbrella, and Wesker's schemes. This game really did a great job of portraying Wesker as an excellent villain.

Also, its great to see how Chris, Jill and Wesker were all involved in the fall of Umbrella. Resident Evil 4's prologue of Umbrella just falling apart never sat well with me. While this isn't perfect, it gave some needed closure.

You got the Wii-Zapper for it?

Also is the game better than the old resident evil lightgun games?

Yes and yes. The Wii Zapper makes the game pretty interesting, just make sure to not insert the Nunchuk into the Zapper since you need to shake it to reload. When its in the Zapper, it get pretty difficult to reload.

As for better than the old lightgun games, hell yes. Survivor was **** and Dead Aim, while I thought was fun, had pretty terrible characters and a terrible story. That and you actually had to walk around in it.

Umbrella Chronicles is strictly on-rails and the game can be pretty difficult (Especially the bosses.) Not only that, but it continues the story of the original games, unlike the original lightgun games. There's also tons of collectibles, so there's lots of replay value.

Oh, and Wesker narrates pretty much the entire game. Which is pretty much worth the price of admission alone.

Yes and yes. The Wii Zapper makes the game pretty interesting, just make sure to not insert the Nunchuk into the Zapper since you need to shake it to reload. When its in the Zapper, it get pretty difficult to reload.
Yup. And you don't actually need the Nunchuk, so there's no real reason to have it in there.

Yup. And you don't actually need the Nunchuk, so there's no real reason to have it in there.

Wait. . .what? You need the Nunchuk to reload, switch weapons, look around and perform actions. If you're using the Wii Zapper control setting.

Last edited:
Wait. . .what? You need the Nunchuk to reload, switch weapons, look around and perform actions. If you're using the Wii Zapper control setting.
I don't have the Wii Zapper, yet. I played the game (when I started) with Wii Remote. I had a nunhuck, but my friend didn't. And he reloaded and switched weapons without it...

I don't have the Wii Zapper, yet. I played the game (when I started) with Wii Remote. I had a nunhuck, but my friend didn't. And he reloaded and switched weapons without it...

Ah, ok. Yeah, there's three different controller settings. Wii Remote Only, Wii Remote + Nunchuk and Wii Zapper. When you use the Wii Zapper setting, you need the Nunchuk. Otherwise, reloading, looking around and the like would be really awkward.

Last edited:
I finally beat the REmake, and I was annoyed by the alternate endings. I played through as Chris, because Rebecca is one of my favorite RE characters, and I completely forgot about rescuing her right before you enter the catacombs. I think the game would have been more enjoyable without all the alternate endings.

I finally beat the REmake, and I was annoyed by the alternate endings. I played through as Chris, because Rebecca is one of my favorite RE characters, and I completely forgot about rescuing her right before you enter the catacombs. I think the game would have been more enjoyable without all the alternate endings.

Yeah, it sucks when you don't save Rebecca/Barry. It is a fantastic game, though, only topped by RE4. I really wish they'd go back and remake RE2 and 3 (And maybe Code: Veronica, although that one still holds up decently well). I'm also hoping for an Umbrella Chronicles 2 that takes you through RE2, CVX and Survivor.

Speaking of which, ever since I got Umbrella Chronicles, I've wanted to replay all the main RE games. I just beat RE0. Decent game, although Dr. Marcus and the leech storyline was incredibly odd. It also wasn't nearly as frightening as REmake, 2 or even 3. Except the leech zombies. I HATE those things. Next up, REmake (Which I've beaten at least 3 times, but its always enjoyable)!

I somehow convinced my mother to play Umbrella Chronicles with me...

What happened next will go down in family history as the funniest thing ever.

I got Umbrella Chronicles, played it for a while, wasn't really that impressed. I hope it gets better along the way :)

Last edited:
Who cares.

Eventually it would be released for all systems, so what if I need to wait a year.

Well it's still news and some people like me who don't have 360 but instead have a ps3 are going to have to wait to play it. Imagine if you will how you would feel if you heard "The dark knight" was been shown exclusively in say Australia and it could be a year till it is shown in your country, You'd be pissed. That's how I feel about this.

Latest posts

Back