Resident Evil (video game series)

When you get the Striker, Ammo upgrade all the way, it holds 100 shotgun shells.
Hot damn, thanks!

Also, I just got to the part where you meet the little boy. I forgot his name. But damn, getting there was a pain. Doing the first part of the castle took me lots of tries.

Hot damn, thanks!

Also, I just got to the part where you meet the little boy. I forgot his name. But damn, getting there was a pain. Doing the first part of the castle took me lots of tries.

His name is Salazar, but I always think of him as Napoleon.

I have no idea why Iceshadow said not to get the TMP. He's wrong.

Also, I suggest you buy the mine thrower. Don't be in a rush, it's not that important, but I emptied that thing into the last boss in the castle and it probably saved me half an hour of dying until I finally beat him.

Thanks to whoever said the flash grenades kill the Plagas that reveal themselves--I had no idea about that.

I'm on the island. Has anyone else gotten that far?

I never got the TMP either, I thought is was a waste of space.

The island is intense. The battle between you and the mercenary, awesome.

Flash grenades are the bomb. They also screw up the damn insects that go invisible

I have no idea why Iceshadow said not to get the TMP. He's wrong.

Because the amount of space it takes up relative to the amount of damage it deals doesn't make it viable. Foo'.

Also, I suggest you buy the mine thrower. Don't be in a rush, it's not that important, but I emptied that thing into the last boss in the castle and it probably saved me half an hour of dying until I finally beat him.

Why bother? A fully upgraded Broken Butterfly is way more powerful, plus the ammo for it is extremely rare. Though I can see the fun factor with the MT.

Thanks to whoever said the flash grenades kill the Plagas that reveal themselves--I had no idea about that.

Your welcome, it certainly makes the Salazar fight easier if you fall off the ledge.

I'm on the island. Has anyone else gotten that far?

That's as far as I got on the Wii before my friend took the game back, but I did beat it on Gamecube.

Because the amount of space it takes up relative to the amount of damage it deals doesn't make it viable. Foo'.

Yeah, later in the game I realized you were right. You can never pick up enough ammo to make it worthwhile unless you upgrade its capacity a bunch and don't use it often.

Why bother? A fully upgraded Broken Butterfly is way more powerful, plus the ammo for it is extremely rare. Though I can see the fun factor with the MT.

I thought it seemed redundant since I had a pistol, but I'll try that.

Urgh, the Professional level is slaughtering me. I can't believe you have to fight dozens of Ganados and Dr. Salvador all on the first level. I think I can beat it by quickly getting up to the second floor of the house with the shotgun and saving both grenades for the good doctor (he's the guy with the chainsaw).

I love the Mercenary game. I unlocked Hunk (is that seriously his name?).

I got to the part where there's the guy who looks like the merhcants but you have to play some game with guns. I did pick up the Broken Butterfly (I had over 80,000 PTAS).

I thought it seemed redundant since I had a pistol, but I'll try that.

To put it one way the rocket launcher does 100 damage, and a fully upgraded Broken Butterfly does 50 damage, which on your first run through is the best thing to use for bosses.

Urgh, the Professional level is slaughtering me. I can't believe you have to fight dozens of Ganados and Dr. Salvador all on the first level. I think I can beat it by quickly getting up to the second floor of the house with the shotgun and saving both grenades for the good doctor (he's the guy with the chainsaw).

What I always do (after they notice me) is run into that cabin that's near the village entrance and put my back against the wall and only have to deal with minimum attackers. I think that if you go to far towards the farm or grab the shotty then Salvador actively searches for you.

I love the Mercenary game. I unlocked Hunk (is that seriously his name?).

HUNK! (he's from RE2)

I got to the part where there's the guy who looks like the merhcants but you have to play some game with guns. I did pick up the Broken Butterfly (I had over 80,000 PTAS).

By the way if you do that shooting game you can earn money.

Ok, I'm at the Salazar fight in the castle. I kept dying, but I've now gotten to the point where I won't loose health like I did before or get killed when the mouth comes to me. It's just now...I ran out of bullets (this was last night). I did get all the stuff laying around and the stuff on the bottom, as well as the stuff you get from the little monster thingies. I used everything from my Punisher, to shotgun, to Broken Butterfly, to Striker, and even the rocket launcher when I had absolutely nothing else. And then I friggin' missed.

What's the best way to defeat? I do start out with shooting the 'arms'.

Anyways, how many more maps and chapters are there? I know after the Castle is the Island map. And I was talking to a friend who played the GC version and said there's a lot more maps and chapters to go. Of course the last part here at the Castle is chapter 4-4.

Ok, I'm at the Salazar fight in the castle. I kept dying, but I've now gotten to the point where I won't loose health like I did before or get killed when the mouth comes to me. It's just now...I ran out of bullets (this was last night). I did get all the stuff laying around and the stuff on the bottom, as well as the stuff you get from the little monster thingies. I used everything from my Punisher, to shotgun, to Broken Butterfly, to Striker, and even the rocket launcher when I had absolutely nothing else. And then I friggin' missed.

What's the best way to defeat? I do start out with shooting the 'arms'.

Ignore the arms. Stand directly in front of Salazar. Shoot the head with your least powerful weapons then use your most powerful stuff (Broken Butterfly, rocket launcher) on the pod when it opens to reveal Salazar's original body. Only shoot at it when it reveals Salazar's original body. In a lot of the boss fights in this game, you can't actually hurt the boss until something happens or you shoot something. Always look for a weak spot.

Anyways, how many more maps and chapters are there? I know after the Castle is the Island map. And I was talking to a friend who played the GC version and said there's a lot more maps and chapters to go. Of course the last part here at the Castle is chapter 4-4.

There are five chapters in section five and then a final chapter. Then you get the professional mode, the Ada levels, and the Mercenaries minigame.

Ignore the arms. Stand directly in front of Salazar. Shoot the head with your least powerful weapons then use your most powerful stuff (Broken Butterfly, rocket launcher) on the pod when it opens to reveal Salazar's original body. Only shoot at it when it reveals Salazar's original body. In a lot of the boss fights in this game, you can't actually hurt the boss until something happens or you shoot something. Always look for a weak spot.
Ah, ok. I thought you had to hit the arms first since they keep getting annoying as hell. I always hit the body when it opens up. When I went to shoot it with the Rocket Launcher, right after the mouth tried to get me, the body was still showing. But since you have to zoom in and do all that yourself, by the time I shot, the pod closed.

There are five chapters in section five and then a final chapter. Then you get the professional mode, the Ada levels, and the Mercenaries minigame.
Awesome, thanks.

Ah, ok. I thought you had to hit the arms first since they keep getting annoying as hell. I always hit the body when it opens up. When I went to shoot it with the Rocket Launcher, right after the mouth tried to get me, the body was still showing. But since you have to zoom in and do all that yourself, by the time I shot, the pod closed.

Well, you can kill the arms, I just thought it was a waste of time because when I tried that strategy, I beat him ridiculously fast--the mouth didn't even have time to try that attack. I guess I just got lucky.

Can you make Doc Salvador drop his chainsaw by shooting his arms? He recovers and moves so fast and it takes so much to kill him--I have no idea how I beat him the first time I played the game, without the Broken Butterfly or grenades.

I don't think you can make him drop the chainsaw. I always see them fall with it and just get up again. I usually use a fire grenade or if I'm in a safe far away spot, I use the rifle.

Well, you can kill the arms, I just thought it was a waste of time because when I tried that strategy, I beat him ridiculously fast--the mouth didn't even have time to try that attack. I guess I just got lucky.

I usually like to stand to the side so that when he starts to slam his head on the walkway I'm in a safe spot.

Can you make Doc Salvador drop his chainsaw by shooting his arms? He recovers and moves so fast and it takes so much to kill him--I have no idea how I beat him the first time I played the game, without the Broken Butterfly or grenades.

I'm almost positive you can't make him drop it, and like I mentioned earlier the first time he appears (in the village) I've always managed to not cross his path.

I hate the Island. I kept dying like a bazillion times at the beggining. I think I already died like 10 times before saving. And then the merchant has no First Aid Sprays! WTF?! I'm super low on health and I have nothing to heal myself. UGH!

But this game is still kicking all sorts of ***.

So, apparently, there are a few anti-racism groups that are condemning Resident Evil 5 because a white, military man (Chris Redfield) is going around killing a bunch of black zombies (Because, you know, the game is set in Africa).

Your thoughts?

Last edited:
So, apparently, there are a few anti-racism groups that are condemning Resident Evil 5 because a white, military man (Chris Redfield) is going around killing a bunch of black zombies (Because, you know, the game is set in Africa).

Your thoughts?

It is racist

The living impaired should be treated as equals.

Last edited:

Your thoughts?

Meh, I don't care what they think.

Ok, what kind of ammo does the Striker require?

Also, any other gun I need to concern myself with at this point?

I'm at the part where I just picked up the 'freezer card'. So how do I make those things make the plagos appear to kill them? I'm low on health (though now green at this point) and mother f-in merchants still won't sell me any First Aid Sprays!!!!

Please help.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back