Rogues Galleries that need to be revamped

Spider-Man, he used to have the best rogue's gallery out there but the only place they're used now is in other books (Punisher: War Journal, Thunderbolts)

Mark Waid was on the right track with Dr. Doom. I loved the magic thing and him being trapped in Hell. Great stuff. The prologue to Unthinkable was great.

Unfortunately his revamp (if you can call it that) was equal part suck.

And someone (Karl Kessel) did a really crappy revamp of the Frightful Four sometime during Waid's run.

I like the treatment that the Skrulls seem to be getting, and I'd love something similar for Mole Man and some others.

X-Men, more specifically New X-Men...

There needs to be another band of teenaged mutants/superheroes they can fight... Because the Purifiers are just boring.

Also: Apocalypse, Mr. Sinister, and Magneto are really the only core X-Villains these days... We need more runs like Whedon's which move AWAY from the main bad guys. Or the Hellfire Club should come back and not suck.

I think Captain America and Spidey are really the only Marvel heroes whose villains DONT need a revamp

I think Captain America and Spidey are really the only Marvel heroes whose villains DONT need a revamp

I dunno...I think a few Spidey villains could be revamped.

I would say Daredevil's are just fine right now.

Speaking of Apocalypse-

I was excited that he was returning. I hadn't read him in a 616 story since God knows when.

Then Milligan turns him into some emo bull**** character. Ugh. :sick:

His return was pure crap, really. And that's the story arc that he wrote with the opening scene of the two page spread of Wolverine's *** in spandex. :sick: :sick:

Someone really needs to make him a real threat again.

they need to let Apocalypse sit for a minimum of THREE years. Now and then a hint of something, but no appearance of the big guy...

Then have Warren Ellis bring him back in his final arc of Astonishing.

they need to let Apocalypse sit for a minimum of THREE years. Now and then a hint of something, but no appearance of the big guy...

Then have Warren Ellis bring him back in his final arc of Astonishing.
Before they brought him back in Peter Milligan's run, I don't remember an appearance in 616 since The Twelve.

Speaking of Apocalypse-

I was excited that he was returning. I hadn't read him in a 616 story since God knows when.

Then Milligan turns him into some emo bull**** character. Ugh. :sick:

His return was pure crap, really. And that's the story arc that he wrote with the opening scene of the two page spread of Wolverine's *** in spandex. :sick: :sick:

Someone really needs to make him a real threat again.
Oh god, now I want a T-shirt of Apocalypse being emo.

EMOCALYPSE!!!

They should make him as friggin' crazy like in X-Men: Legends II's cutscenes.

did anyone read that Apocalypse Vs. Dracula mini? they should make Apoc more like he was in that

plus he had a wicked cosume in it
Yes, and it was completely horrible. They SHOULD NOT make him like that.

Costume? Meh.

Last edited:
I will never understand the poor handling of Apocalypse. Here we have Magneto, who seems to be really easy to get right and then we move to the other great X-men villain. . .and he's ****ted on. I mean. . .what the hell.

Fantastic Four, no question.

X-men could use some help as well.
X-Men absolutely need a new big bad, but I think if handled properly they might already have that in the Children of the Vault. Carey's first arc on Adjectiveless featuring them was great and they made it clear that they were far from being done. If they have an interesting and charismatic leader take charge following the events of that arc they could be great.
X-Men, more specifically New X-Men...

There needs to be another band of teenaged mutants/superheroes they can fight... Because the Purifiers are just boring.
I believe I said something to this affect in the New X-Men thread. Yes, the Purifiers are just guys with guns and they've gone to that well too often already. Predator X is a mindless monster, hardly a great villain. The Belasco arc was dumb and ultimately pointless. They NEED a big time villain and they need him/her fast.

Latest posts

Back