San Diego Ultimate Panel

I have faith for some reason. I know that Loeb is at least a competent writer from Long Halloween and Dark Victory. And Mark Millar's stuff is at least entertaining to read. I just hope he's not doing anything with the Fantastic Four... :-/

yeah good luck with that.

No, but I've dreamed about it. He's probably the biggest artist in the industry. This guy is a superstar and Marvel is really stepping up to the plate with this revamp. It's exciting times.

The only person I can think of is Alex Ross, who would fit as Millar was asking for a painter on Millarworld a while back.

I hope whatever he does doesn't rely on Ultimatum and all the current Ultimate Universe stuff. I don't want to go back and read all this ****. :(

CBR apparently says it's two artists. I reckon Travis Charest is one of them. It's going to be 24 issues long and is going to be used to explore the universe. The artists will rotate arcs.

Last edited:
I just hope they run with what Millar was saying above all - this is a universe set in a much more modern setting. Take advantage of that, definitely.

I just hope they run with what Millar was saying above all - this is a universe set in a much more modern setting. Take advantage of that, definitely.

Thing is, that's how it started in the first place. So basically they're going back to the Universe' roots by creating a retcon event.

Hitch says he's working on another Marvel project with Millar so it's probably this. I'm saying Hitch and Charest will be the artists on this project, which would be a great team.

I could see it being him too. He doesn't seem to have anything lined up.

think he's directing a movie, and he has to finish Planetary. But he would certainly qualify as one of the top artists in comics.

If it's Hitch again that would be such a let down. At least from an announcement standpoint. I'm sure the work would be great.

I'm really excited about Millar's Ultimate project. 24 issues? Wow! If Hitch really is involved, I hope he gets a big head start (even with the alternating artist) so we don't get mucho grande delays again. Still, the idea of Millar alone coming back has me elated. Millar and Hitch has me ecstatic. The possibility of Millar, Hitch, and Charest (who I'm incredibly impressed by his artwork) all on the same title...well, there just aren't words.

I know a lot of this is assumption, but I'm excited for an Ultimate title. Its like old times.

I'm really excited about Millar's Ultimate project. 24 issues? Wow! If Hitch really is involved, I hope he gets a big head start (even with the alternating artist) so we don't get mucho grande delays again. Still, the idea of Millar alone coming back has me elated. Millar and Hitch has me ecstatic. The possibility of Millar, Hitch, and Charest (who I'm incredibly impressed by his artwork) all on the same title...well, there just aren't words.

I know a lot of this is assumption, but I'm excited for an Ultimate title. Its like old times.

It just shows how much influence Millar has with the Ultimate Universe and its fans. We know he's enthusiastic but we also know he can deliver. Loeb... not so much.

It just shows how much influence Millar has with the Ultimate Universe and its fans. We know he's enthusiastic but we also know he can deliver. Loeb... not so much.

Which begs the question...did the Marvel editors beg Millar to come back to clean up the mess Loeb has made? Do the Powers that be at Marvel finally get that Loeb doesn't know what he's doing in the Ultimate universe, and are trying to hand the reigns back to someone who does?

Which begs the question...did the Marvel editors beg Millar to come back to clean up the mess Loeb has made? Do the Powers that be at Marvel finally get that Loeb doesn't know what he's doing in the Ultimate universe, and are trying to hand the reigns back to someone who does?

If it turns out that the heroes flunkies are writing Ultimatum and Loeb is just the 'overseer' or whatever, then almost certainly. Which is definitely a good sign, if true.

I'm amused at the idea - whether wrong or right - that Loeb has f'd things up so badly that they are bringing Millar back to fix it. I hope that's the case.

I hope they reboot and Millar heads the whole thing up.

I'm amused at the idea - whether wrong or right - that Loeb has f'd things up so badly that they are bringing Millar back to fix it. I hope that's the case.

I hope they reboot and Millar heads the whole thing up.

That way you don't have the burden of renaming the site.

I don't think Hitch would be one of the artists working on this. After finishing up F4, there's the creator owned work he'll be doing with Millar, and we all know how he is working on a single series as it is...

And what's this about? I would imagine most of the artwork was from Ultimatum covers, but... This. I don't know.

ultimate-18-02.jpg

Latest posts

Back