SSJmole

Face-Punching As Foreign Policy
The Terminator franchise arrives on TV with this serial drama. Set a year after the events of Terminator 2: Judgment Day the series follows Sarah and John Connor as they hide from the authorities and Skynet's army of Terminators.

Cast

Richard T. Jones - Agent James Ellison
Thomas Dekker - John Connor
Lena Headey - Sarah Connor
Summer Glau - Cameron

This sounds cool. It starts January 1, 2008 on Fox in usa. I loved the terminator films so I'm hoping this is as god as them

Cast

Richard T. Jones - Agent James Ellison
Thomas Dekker - John Connor
Lena Headey - Sarah Connor
Summer Glau - Cameron

This sounds cool. It starts January 1, 2008 on Fox in usa. I loved the terminator films so I'm hoping this is as god as them

I think the "skynet's army of terminators" doesn't really work within the timeline of the series. At the beginning of T3 John doesn't mention anything about any more incidents with Terminators, just that he's been living low for years. I'll give it a chance, but little things like that bug me.

I won't be giving this show a second thought. It sounds stupid....the frnachise is done....and they should've ended it with T2.

Good day sir.

I won't be giving this show a second thought. It sounds stupid....the frnachise is done....and they should've ended it with T2.

Good day sir.

I just gotta say, T3 was surprisingly good. But having said that, it shouldn't have been made. T2 was perfect in every way you could want it to be. The possibility of ****ing it up was TOO HIGH.

Yeah, I liked T3 too.

If Fox put their shows onine like NBC does I'd watch this at work. But otherwise, it's just another show I won't be watching.

I liked all 3 terminator movies.

I think the "skynet's army of terminators" doesn't really work within the timeline of the series. At the beginning of T3 John doesn't mention anything about any more incidents with Terminators, just that he's been living low for years. I'll give it a chance, but little things like that bug me.

Yeah but to be fair just because he doesn't mention it doesn't mean it didn't happen. A load of films have had stuff they don't mention happen between 2 movies.

Clone Wars(or in book form Labyrinth of Evil) is set between Episode 2 and 3 of star wars and they don't mention charracters like Asajj Ventress Who existed and fought them but no mention of her.

I would say don't take that literally as since it's set a year after T2 You could say he counted it as T2's attacks and also I don't know how long it lasts my guess 1-33 seasons. It still means he spent ALONG period hiding.

A good thing this movie can offer if T2 was 1991 this is a year after that's 1992 if it can go 5 seasons in t3 they said 1997 Sarah died so we could actually see her death which could be emotional as it was leukemia and not a terminator attack , that will be a hugely powerful scene

Here's my opinion on T3 and this TV series:

Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines was well-made, well-executed, and even well-acted. It was a very entertaining and enjoyable film.... but I hate what it did with the story.

Sarah having died and Judgement Day happening anyway would completely ruin the series. The whole point of T2 was the epic, years-long struggle Sarah made to prevent Judgement Day and the war from ever happening, and when they prevented it at the end, it was the perfect endgame for the saga.

Whenever I watch Terminator 2, I always use the Easter Egg to enable the Extended Special Edition, which ends with the peaceful future scene with John as a Senator and Sarah the grandmother of his daughter. That's the REAL place their story went, in my opinion.

I consider T3 a completely non-canon alternate storyline. Fun, enjoyable, very entertaining, but not the real story at all.

~~~

Now, as for The Sarah Connor Chronicles, I just watched the trailer for the series and I've got to say, it actually looks like it could be pretty good. I'll definitely give it a chance. I think the fact that they've set it "between the events of T2 and T3" is a problem, because it gives the series only one place to go. I think this should be a separate branch-off of the movie series, which gives it the oppourtunity to go in more new directions and tell better stories.

At any rate, I'm still game for watching, at the very least, the pilot episode to see how things start out, if nothing else just because I'm such a gigantic fan of the Terminator series.

Now, as for The Sarah Connor Chronicles, I just watched the trailer for the series and I've got to say, it actually looks like it could be pretty good. I'll definitely give it a chance. I think the fact that they've set it "between the events of T2 and T3" is a problem, because it gives the series only one place to go. I think this should be a separate branch-off of the movie series, which gives it the oppourtunity to go in more new directions and tell better stories.

At any rate, I'm still game for watching, at the very least, the pilot episode to see how things start out, if nothing else just because I'm such a gigantic fan of the Terminator series.

Damn that trailer looked pretty damn good.

I had high hopes for this series and I think It was justified after seeing that clip. Thanks dude

Good day sir.

Y'know the ending of T2? The highway as Sarah Connor says maybe humanity can learn the value of human life? Originally the ending was Sarah Connor in the park that gets melted during her nuclear nightmare; she's an old woman, and says, "It never happened. We stopped judgement day." They went for the better, more ambiguous ending.

But the continuation of the Terminator franchise beyond T2... I'd be okay with it if they really could find a way for it to work that doesn't require a retcon or dismissal of continuity. T3 just went, "Oh, Cyberdyne wasn't really behind it" contradicting the first two films entirely. Really aggravated me.

As for the tv show, I'll give it a whirl, but it'll probably aggravate me and then I'll stop.

But I love the first two films, especially the second. That said, it'll be interesting to see how they do the series. They can't have terminator after terminator show up to kill the main characters, as that would get dull very fast. Not only that, but it'll be odd since I doubt Robert Patrick or Arnold Schwarzenegger will be in the cast. Interesting to say the least.

Here's my opinion on T3 and this TV series:

Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines was well-made, well-executed, and even well-acted. It was a very entertaining and enjoyable film.... but I hate what it did with the story.

Sarah having died and Judgement Day happening anyway would completely ruin the series. The whole point of T2 was the epic, years-long struggle Sarah made to prevent Judgement Day and the war from ever happening, and when they prevented it at the end, it was the perfect endgame for the saga.

Whenever I watch Terminator 2, I always use the Easter Egg to enable the Extended Special Edition, which ends with the peaceful future scene with John as a Senator and Sarah the grandmother of his daughter. That's the REAL place their story went, in my opinion.

I consider T3 a completely non-canon alternate storyline. Fun, enjoyable, very entertaining, but not the real story at all.
I agree with this.

Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines is a well-crafted film so long as you just concede the idea of reconciling it with ANYTHING in the first two films.

Mole obviously watched the version of T3 where John didnt think they avoided Judgement day :p. If you remember, he not only does not mention any other terminator attacks, but he is convinced judgement day was averted. If there was another attack after the T-1000 incident, wouldn't he realize that judgement day was still going to happen???

It's on Fox. It's going to be canceled after six episodes anyway. So, even if I wanted to watch it, it'd be a waste of time.

Pass.

Mole obviously watched the version of T3 where John didnt think they avoided Judgement day :p. If you remember, he not only does not mention any other terminator attacks, but he is convinced judgement day was averted. If there was another attack after the T-1000 incident, wouldn't he realize that judgement day was still going to happen???

Or maybe there were a few more AFTER Terminator 2. End of the new attacks he thinks "We just stopped it for good" then no more attacks for a few years he assumes it's over then terminator 3 happened.

One thing you should of learned by now is unless someone says "It 100% never happened" in a film then tie-in tv shows , cartoons , comics , books , and games can add them with no fear of messing it up as no one said it NEVER happened.

Hell go read the star wars books that tie movies together e.g Labyrinth of Evil or watch the clone wars cartoon. Or for films them selves read a book based on a movie there is always added scenes.

The only way they could mess up the timeline with this is if they killed off Sarah and John.

They might even go for a complete cop-out and in last episode make John hit his head and forget or something so these time line complaints are stupid untill it actually comes out and completely messes up

Hell go read the star wars books that tie movies together e.g Labyrinth of Evil or watch the clone wars cartoon. Or for films them selves read a book based on a movie there is always added scenes.

Eh, Star Wars isn't a good example. The SW continuity is really messed up, even within the EU. LoE and the final episode of Clone Wars Volume 2, for example, give completely different versions of the same event. Also, according to Palpatine in Episode II, the Republic has only stood for a thousand years. In the EU. . .it's stood for twenty five thousand years. They had to implement a (very dumb) retcon to fix it. And there are plenty of others.

Eh, Star Wars isn't a good example. The SW continuity is really messed up, even within the EU. LoE and the final episode of Clone Wars Volume 2, for example, give completely different versions of the same event. Also, according to Palpatine in Episode II, the Republic has only stood for a thousand years. In the EU. . .it's stood for twenty five thousand years. They had to implement a (very dumb) retcon to fix it. And there are plenty of others.

Yes beacuse like I've mentioned before a lot of the star wars Eu is Non-cannon or only semi-cannon but all is official. Unless you know what's what it is confusing

Labyrinth of Evil and clone wars gives two different versions of the same event for a reason. Clone wars = more like exaggerated war stories BUT that is what they were going for. E.G look at how invincible the Jedi look in it then look at the movies.

Labyrinth of Evil = What really happened.

But yes I see your point but you however seemed to of missed mine.

Yes beacuse like I've mentioned before a lot of the star wars Eu is Non-cannon or only semi-cannon but all is official. Unless you know what's what it is confusing

Labyrinth of Evil and clone wars gives two different versions of the same event for a reason. Clone wars = more like exaggerated war stories BUT that is what they were going for. E.G look at how invincible the Jedi look in it then look at the movies.

Labyrinth of Evil = What really happened.

But yes I see your point but you however seemed to of missed mine.

I'm not going into this again. Especially not in a thread not about Star Wars. It's simply not a good example.

Enlighten me.

:roll: god I hate explaining things over and over again to people who clearly wont get it.

In simple terms my point was Movies have been doing this for years , the comics , the tv shows the cartoons the games all expanding on the timeline of said movie. and AGAIN unless someone says 100% that something never happened they can do pretty much what they like and have been for years.

Hopefully you get it now or do I need to go get the hand puppets :lol:

Edit : Sorry if sounds like i'm insulting you , I'm not I was joking around while explaining point.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back