ScarJo in a solo Black Widow movie possibly (hopefully) sometime in the future...

I don't think I could agree with you any more than I do right now.

ESPECIALLY, the Toph movie idea.

Toph is the best character ever made ever. Shakespeare died because he never thought her up.

Kill Bill!

I've not seen KILL BILL, but what I have seen not only sucked, but I thought Uma Thurman sucked in it.

I am quite willing to accept however, that since I've not seen it fully, what I saw was out of context and that it did, in fact, work. :)

I haven't seen Elektra or Catwoman, but I think it's pretty crappy to assume a Black Widow movie would suck because those movies suck, especially when one says they sucked because it's impossible to make an action film with a woman as lead and that was the problem with those films.

Kill Bill!

SRSLY

;) And if Iron Man 2 was any indication, I would love to see a movie with more ScarJo action sequences.

SRSLY

what I have seen not only sucked, but I thought Uma Thurman sucked in it.

I am quite willing to accept however, that since I've not seen it fully, what I saw was out of context and that it did, in fact, work. :)

:shock:

I haven't seen Elektra or Catwoman, but I think it's pretty crappy to assume a Black Widow movie would suck because those movies suck, especially when one says they sucked because it's impossible to make an action film with a woman as lead and that was the problem with those films.

As Bass said, the assumption is sort of tongue-in-cheek. Understand I'm not saying there are ANY inherent problems with female action leads. When I look at Elektra and Catwoman and the others, I'm saying that Hollywood hasn't figured it out yet. Of course it's totally possible that Supergirl, Elektra and Catwoman were bad films that just happened to have female stars. But given that in all of superhero-filmdom those have been the sole attempts, and add to that the incredibly bumpy road it's been getting a frickin' Wonder Woman project made and it starts to feel like Hollywood really doesn't know what they're doing. Don't forget the majority of action films, being big-budgeted, only exist at the behest of a couple of dozen people who run the studios and hand down edicts about how their money is being spent. The fact that Whedon's Wonder Woman died on the vine is only further evidence to me that those who run the studios don't know what they're doing when it comes to women. Superhero women. Shall we discuss My Super-Ex Girlfriend?

For the record, I liked Kill Bill.

I'd also love a Toph movie. Make that happen.

Last edited:
I guess maybe this should have gone here…
Kevin Fiege on the possible Black Widow solo film:
I think the idea would be great. We've got various outlines and ideas of where to take that. As Scarlett already said, there's a big element that explores her back story in an upcoming Marvel feature. The question really is, 'When will we take her out of the ensemble and have her do her own thing?' As you saw in ['Captain America: The Winter Soldier'], as you'll see in 'Avengers: Age of Ultron,' she's really the key to so much of the plot development.

I'm so pumped. Even if they don't ever get around to doing the solo movie, I'm excited to see her backstory in Avengers 2. And I hope Hawkeye is tied in with it.

Black Widow is an excellent character with a lot of potential. I'd love to see a movie about her.

Black Widow is an excellent character with a lot of potential. I'd love to see a movie about her.
I can't believe she has her own movie coming out, that is so cool. Black Widow is an epic super hero, and Scarlet Johanson does a really good job of portraying her.

Latest posts

Back