Scott Pilgrim vs. The World (spoilers!)

How would you rate Scott Pilgrim vs. the World?

• Total voters
I just saw this again because the first time I was just blown away and yesterday I needed a day to digest everything. I think the parts I laughed the hardest at were Chris Evans' entire part, the Vegan police scene, and the scene where Knives gets her face replaced with an emoticon (I expected Edgar Wright to put in things like word boxes and whatnot but that just came out of nowhere). Stephen Stills was awesome and so were Kim Pine and Young Neil. The beginning of the movie is one of the coolest movie openings ever. I can't say enough good things about the characters, it was as if all of them jumped off the page and onto the screen. This was such a perfect comic book movie.

Oh yeah, and Bill Hader played the narrator!

Last edited:
Sadness, only a 5th place $10.5mill opening.

I wonder why they didn't release it during the winter. It was actually kind of jarring to watch because winter Toronto is so wholly different from summer Toronto that it's kind of hard to believe they're the same place when you don't have the months of transition.

Whatever it did at the box office this weekend, I think it's probably going to be one of those films that people still regularly watch decades from now, ala 80s teen stuff. That's better anyway.

Last edited:
Yeah, I have no doubt that this will be huge on DVD... But a $10 Million box office is still pretty abysmal, and makes me angry at all the fanboys sitting and waiting to see it later. I wasn't expecting a massive success, but not an outright bomb.

The good news: no chance of a sequel!

I'd see the Expendables before I saw this. I'd squeeze a soft, cuddly kitten before I saw this movie. I'd move into a new house(duplex blech) before I saw this movie. Oh that's right, I'm doing all those in the next two days so I'll probably go see this Tuesday after watching the highly superior Expendables. Maybe Wednesday just to make DSF angrier. I want to see what color he turns.

I'd see the Expendables before I saw this. I'd squeeze a soft, cuddly kitten before I saw this movie. I'd move into a new house(duplex blech) before I saw this movie. Oh that's right, I'm doing all those in the next two days so I'll probably go see this Tuesday after watching the highly superior Expendables. Maybe Wednesday just to make DSF angrier. I want to see what color he turns.

None of those hunky, worn out, badass action heroes needs any more money!

This was pretty good. The final act dragged on a bit long, but overall pretty good.

**** stars.

Also, J. Agemagoogoo, The Expendables was GARBAGE. Truly, epically terrible.

One of the most enjoyable films I've seen all year. Fantastic cast and I desperately want the soundtrack.

I think what I like best about this movie is that it gave me more apprechiation for the books. I always considered myself a casual fan of the series: great characters and a quirky plot, but a lot of things didn't make much sense to me, the final volume was dissapointing and Scott himself is very, very hard to like. I'm not sure what it is, but something about seeing it on the big screen made things click together for me. Maybe it's a media transition thing, or maybe I'm just slow. Whatev.

While I agree with some of the complaints about lack of character development (which I'm willing to ignore given cramming six books into a two-hour movie) and a slightly too long climax, I'd say this movie is fantastic, and surpasses the original series in at least one respect. (The climax. Seriously. You can't convince me otherwise.)

Also, did anyone else catch Corneau saying "I liked the comics better"?

Two of you guys seriously gave this one star?

To each their own.

Latest posts

Back