SDCC 07: Ultimate Universe Panel Report

It's involving the Fantastic Four and X-Men, that's why they're putting the crossover in both of their issues. Full 22 pages worth of stories.

Yeah, I understand that part. But they calling it a "mini-crossover", but it sound like they just doing a crossover. Wasn't the Vision thing called a mini-crossover. That's the part I'm confused with.

Last edited:
Yeah, I understand that part. But they calling it a "mini-crossover", but it sound like they just doing a crossover. Wasn't the Vision thing called a mini-crossover. That's the part I'm confused with.

Just wait till it comes out.

Look at what ultimatedjf posted , Everything people have said have explained it to you already a few times.

Ultimatum sounds to me like it was meant to be a mini, but by placing it in the pages of Ultimate Fantastic Four and Ultimate X-Men it might help to boost sales… I've heard a lot of people have lost interest in these two titles and are no longer buy them.

I lost my interest in UFF after the Doom arc.

I take it the Dark One didn't buy comics back in the 90s then…

Yeah, my first ever comic book was Ultimate X-Men #2. Then I'd started picking up Ultimate Spider-Man. I'm not a big fan of the classic Marvel stuff, or crossover.

All of this Ultimate Origin/Ultimatum talk is confusing. I feel like Loeb really just wants to take a big, steaming crap all over the UU. Ending it would be stupid. Getting the right creative talent onboard would be better. Frankly, Bendis can do USM. Sometimes he screws the pooch but he's consistent. UFF is usually entertaining. Ultimates' only flaws up until now were the delays.

In a perfect world... Marvel would leave the entire UU in the hands of the right creative talent. Millar, Warren Ellis, Garth Ennis, guys like that. I'm already underwhelmed by everything associated with Ultimates 3. I know they were looking to get away from the highly-politicized aura of the first two Millar/Hitch runs but toning it down doesn't exactly mean doing away with it 100%. Where does it go then? Spandex and "big superhero showdown action" (aka just like EVERYTHING ELSE) apparently.

I hope I'm proven wrong but I just don't see it happening.

Lying in the Gutters said:
As part of the big Ultimate Universe revamp, I hear "Ultimate X-Men" is for the chop. And Ed McGuinness' one drawn issue of "Ultimates 4" may not even see publication...

*******it, Marvel.

Latest posts

Back