Avengers Secret Avengers general discussion

Re: Secret Avengers (Brubaker/Deodato)

75% of the internet

;) but I was totally the first

I'm going to start buying ads in magazines.

"The Comic Board - home of Zombipanda"

The panel started by revealing the full cast of Ed Brubaker's and Mike Deodato's "Secret Avengers." "It's a Secret unless you've been reading the internet for the past 48 hours," said Brevoort before revealing the lineup to be Steve Rogers, Sharon Carter, War Machine, The Beast, Moon Knight, Valkyrie, Black Widow and the Irredeemable Ant-Man. Marko Djurdjevic will provide coves and has drawn a massive Avengers image featuring the full lineup of all the teams, which will be broken up into six covers for all the Avengers titles next year.

Ant-Man. Awesome.

There's an updated version which mentions Nova.

CBR is the only place I've seen include Sharon Carter.

Last edited:

CBR: Meet Your Secret Avengers

SecretAvengers.jpg

Last edited:

Well now that I have more info on the book....I like the sound of it. Still not a fan of the complete roster. Especially for the vibe Brubaker was talking about.

That Ant-Man doesn't look Irredeemable. Why would he switch from an awesome costume to that goofy unitard?

Last edited:

Wow. Marko Djurvek is so good he can make Steve's new terrible costume look cool. He and Gabrielle Del Otto should be required to draw everything in everythingness.

I was ambivalent to this until I read the Bru interview. Honestly, it sounds pretty great. And aside from Valkyrie, the whole team makes sense. But who knows, maybe he'll make Valkyrie work?

It sounds like Nova will mostly be a consultant for the big cosmic threats.

I wish Epting or Lark was drawing this instead of Deodato.

Nova is the last survivor of an entire corps of intergalactic space cops

Not true, he has a new team now, but what do I know?

Cosmic Marvel should be left alone. When I read this, it looks to me like he picked Nova cause he thought he was cool.

Wow. Marko Djurvek is so good he can make Steve's new terrible costume look cool. He and Gabrielle Del Otto should be required to draw everything in everythingness.

Agreed.

I mean, sure...we don't know what that huge long strap on Steve's thigh is for. But even if he's gonna carry a laser sword and plasma shield in it the upside to the costume change-----NO PIRATE BOOTS!

Those are obviously suspenders, they were big in the 40's and Steve's trying to bring them back.

And Nova was written way out of character.

Maybe the artifact he found has something to do with it, maybe not.

The art was also horrible.

Last edited:

It was definitely the artifact making him do it. I thought the art was fine, and I also like how this issue hits the ground running, which was a problem with Bendis's Avengers.

I thought it was great. It's a very interesting line up and you can tell Brubaker's going to have a lot of fun. I don't really like Deodato but I can tolerate him.

Good cliffhanger too.

yeah it was that third serpent crown thing doing it most definitely

great first issue

Deodato is okay, O'Grady needs to go back to his Kirkmanian costume already, and Deodato reeeeaally needs to tone done Nova's shoulder pads

Latest posts

Back