Re: Secret Avengers (Brubaker/Deodato)

Steve's costume is awful.

I just mean the design.

So do I:

2mowb41.jpg

What was the point of bringing Steve Rogers back if Bucky is going to continue being Captain America, anyway? The return of the Steve Rogers culminates in...him wearing star spangled spandex that has a slightly different color scheme? I trust Brubaker to write an entertaining comic, but come on...

Eh. It would be refreshing if Steve Rogers came back and took on a role as something other than a superhero.

Wow, I have ZERO interest in this title. It's a rare occasion that I come across a team title where every character bores the crap out of me.

Last edited:

Wow, I have ZERO interest in this title. It's a rare occasion that I come across a team title where every character bores the crap out of me.

How do Captain America, War Machine and the Beast bore you?

Fine. I'll expand.

Steve Rogers is boring. You know how you can tell he was boring? Because he was more popular and entertaining when he was a dead legend looming over his former teammates and sidekick than he ever was while he was alive.

War Machine is Iron Man with more dakka, because the way to make a character more interesting is to stick some extra guns on there. See Rob Liefeld.

Nova is some sort of Space Knight, right? No? Poor man's Green Lantern you say? I'm sure that's… cool.

Valkyrie... Do I even have to explain why a one dimensional chick-Thor isn't a great addition to this team?

Moon Knight is some powerless schmuck in a costume that's goofy even by super hero standards.

I'll give you this: Beast can be a fun supporting character under the right writer. But I'd never buy a book specifically for him. Therefore, boring.

Does this seem about right to you guys?

Nick Fury: team leader
Steve rogers: team spy/field leader
War Machine: team firepower/etnicity/handicapable
Valkyrie: team boobs/mystic
Beast: team brains
Moon Knight: team anti-hero/wildcard
Nova: team cosmic entity

Marvel's affirmative action plan failed on this team! There's no gays on the team!

Second story arc is gonna feature a sidestory about Nova coming to terms with his homosexuality.

Last edited:

Again, WHY IS THE LEADER OF THE NOVA CORPS MESSING AROUND BEING ON THIS TEAM!

SRSLY.

Is there even a Nova Corps anymore? I haven't read anything about Nova since Annihilation.

It's a secret!

:lol:

Oh my God. It's one of the worst costumes I've ever seen.

I bet Nova being on this team is Venom Melendez's fault.

*bursts blood vessel*

:lol:

What was the point of bringing Steve Rogers back if Bucky is going to continue being Captain America, anyway? The return of the Steve Rogers culminates in...him wearing star spangled spandex that has a slightly different color scheme? I trust Brubaker to write an entertaining comic, but come on...

I agree. The return cheapened the death, and this cheapens the return.

I liked the idea (I forget who's) that he was coming back to take over SHIELD.

Steve Rogers is boring. You know how you can tell he was boring? Because he was more popular and entertaining when he was a dead legend looming over his former teammates and sidekick than he ever was while he was alive.

Post of the Day, because it's absolutely true.

Nova is in the middle of re-creating the Nova Corps, has about ten members so far I think, and a new personality for the worldmind.

He's been up to some serious **** in the Fault that is in space, which was created after the War of Kings.

So he joins the "Secret" Avengers?

Marvel's affirmative action plan failed on this team! There's no gays on the team!

Second story arc is gonna feature a sidestory about Nova coming to terms with his homosexuality.

Actually this team seems to closely parallel the Agents of Atlas, who were also the original Secret Avengers.

Actually, Steve is probably the leader. Rumor is, he'll be the new head of SHIELD.

I bet Nova being on this team is Venom Melendez's fault.

*bursts blood vessel*

What did i do? :(

Last edited:

21ogi9.jpg

So apparently Brubaker said on his twitter this picture is missing 3 teammembers.

Latest posts

Back