A-Force, Planet Hulk and Old Man Logan have been the best of the tie-ins so far. All the ones I've read have been good, but those three rank above them all (so far).

I haven't read it yet, but is it possible it's the Future Galactus that gets killed and used to power the ship of the future people from Nu-Earth (or something like that) in Hickman's Fantastic Four run?

My first thought was that it had something to do with that, yeah. But I'm not even sure the thing in Secret Wars is a Galactus.

A-Force, Planet Hulk and Old Man Logan have been the best of the tie-ins so far. All the ones I've read have been good, but those three rank above them all (so far).

Infinity Gauntlet was also pretty good. Old Man Logan is probably the best so far.

I haven't read all of them yet but so far everything has been at least pretty good.

Infinity Gauntlet was also pretty good. Old Man Logan is probably the best so far.

I haven't read all of them yet but so far everything has been at least pretty good.
I liked Infinity Guantlet a lot as well. I'd probably place that 4th.

I haven't read all of them either (like the Deadpool ones or the MODOK series), but the others have entertaining still.

I'm surprised at the hate Infinity Gauntlet is getting. I'm correct in assuming the little girl in that found the reality stone and basically created her Mom to fight the bugs, right?

I'm surprised at the hate Infinity Gauntlet is getting. I'm correct in assuming the little girl in that found the reality stone and basically created her Mom to fight the bugs, right?
Who's hating on it? Have they said why?

Also, your theory makes sense. I didn't think that, but it makes sense and I like it.

Newsarama and CBR, basically saying it was a boring story.

I didn't think it was boring at all. A little cliche, maybe, but still decent.

Another thing I'm confused on - are these books retconning in any way what happened in the original books. Obviously in the original Infinity Gauntlet this is not how Thanos had the Infinity Stones.

I didn't think it was boring at all. A little cliche, maybe, but still decent.

Another thing I'm confused on - are these books retconning in any way what happened in the original books. Obviously in the original Infinity Gauntlet this is not how Thanos had the Infinity Stones.
No, they are not retconning. They're their own separate stories.

The first two weeks of Secret Wars tie-ins were pretty to very good, but this week... :sick:

Renew Your Vows was AWFUL. It read like Dan Slott just slopped together a script in 2 minutes and handed it in.

And I know Giant Size Little Avengers vs. X-men is supposed to be goofy and fun, but it was the dumbest thing I've read all year. Skottie Young is a terrible writer.

Secret Wars #3 was good, though.

Are we supposed to know how Doom established and is maintaining power in this event? Is it an Infinity Gauntlet? Are we expected to find out?

I'm thinking back to Fantastic Four when he told Valeria "I was a god...I found it beneath me." Does this take place then? Or did that just refer to the world he built in Fantastic Four with the Infinity Gauntlet that Reed and Nathaniel rescued him from?

A lot of this hasn't been explained and it's not really clear if it will be.

Wow, it's a kiddish take on Marvel characters, who have stupid fights about stupid things. So much hate...

As for the Doom questions, I'm sure this stuff all takes place chronologically, right now. I think he gained this power from Molecule Man and the Beyonders, not too sure how though.

The first two weeks of Secret Wars tie-ins were pretty to very good, but this week... :sick:

Renew Your Vows was AWFUL. It read like Dan Slott just slopped together a script in 2 minutes and handed it in.
I haven't read that one yet, but I've been told by someone else it wasn't good.

And I know Giant Size Little Avengers vs. X-men is supposed to be goofy and fun, but it was the dumbest thing I've read all year. Skottie Young is a terrible writer.
Le gasp!! Jeez, who ruined your childhood? Wrong on all accounts! :shock:

But seriously-- It's hardly fair to judge him as a writer for something that's meant to be just for kicks, a comic little kids can enjoy. I want to say like he's not really "trying" but that sounds harsh and not exactly the right words.

Secret Wars #3 was good, though.

Are we supposed to know how Doom established and is maintaining power in this event? Is it an Infinity Gauntlet? Are we expected to find out?

I'm thinking back to Fantastic Four when he told Valeria "I was a god...I found it beneath me." Does this take place then? Or did that just refer to the world he built in Fantastic Four with the Infinity Gauntlet that Reed and Nathaniel rescued him from?
There hasn't been anything yet showing/explaining how exactly Doom achieved everything to make/rule Battleworld.

A lot of this hasn't been explained and it's not really clear if it will be.
We'll see. We're only on #3, but the issue did already explain some things. We got a few answers so far. I think with each issue now we'll get little bit more reveals until the big one near the end or in the last issue.

I'm not going to think a comic is good just because it was done in fun or not serious. I know what he was going for. He did a bad job at it. The comic sucked, it wasn't funny, and was annoying.

not exactly the right words.

They're exactly the right words because I said them.

I'm not going to think a comic is good just because it was done in fun or not serious. I know what he was going for. He did a bad job at it. The comic sucked, it wasn't funny, and was annoying.
It's obvious that this isn't your "level" of comedy. No one is saying you or anyone should think a comic should be good in reference to the tone in the book. I just completely disagree about Young doing a bad job at it or that the comic sucked/was annoying. I laughed, so it was funny.

This is the same as when DC did Tiny Titans, though I'd know you'd feel about that if you read it. :p

They're exactly the right words because I said them.
No, they weren't (the right words or that you said them). You said your thoughts on the book and Young as a writer, not how hard he tried. :wink:

Latest posts

Back