Spider-Man Sensational Spider-Man series discussion (spoilers)

My little brother reads Ultimate Spidey, Ultimate FF, Marvel Team-Up, and THING with me. Since 2 of those have ended or are ending soon, he has decided to read some of the More Spidey-centric CW titles, incliding CW itself. Since he likes Spider-Man and wants to read more than just 2 comics a month, he's going to start reading all three core Spidey titles starting with the issues that take place after Peter unmasks.

Is that the squirrel one? You should get him to join the site. :D

In the picture on the left....... is that molten man and the chemleon (sorry bout spelling)

ok- to set the record straight, If your not reading this title right now, you should be. It is the best spider-man title out there right now (even with the new amazing arc.)

In issue 29 we begin a new arc ( deadly foes of peter parker.) We begin at a baseball game in a scene that shows the reformed mark raxton (Molten Man) talking to the chameleon, they chat a bit, chameleon threatens to kill a kid raxton mentored (interestingly enough, the killing would have been done by electro, who is shown in the shadows.), and raxton reluctantly joins chameleon's new "team". Cut to spider-man, who is being attacked by the scarecrow and will-o-the-wisp, he is forced to retreat and the villians escape. next, peter and MJ have a chat about MJ's safety while she is in the middle of a performance (swarm is in the shadows above her.) black cat chats with fireheart about how she wishes peter didnt reveal his identity, peter visits madame web, who tells him that his future is clouded, and then we see liz allen reminiscing about harry and his death by peters hands, then, molten man enters the room all on fire and looking ready to do battle or whatever. end of issue.

interesting start, cant wait to see where this goes.

This is the best Spider-Man book out? That kinda sucks because I read this in the store and it was good but definitely not anything great.

I think the writer is flawed by useing Electro and Swarm because they were both characters that appeared in other books that could have some significant effect on just where they are at the time.

But yeah, it was all right.

Let me tell you, I did not really care for the "Feral" arc storywise, and I thought the art was just o.k. But with #29, I must've warmed up to the pencils, 'cuz I thought they did a fantastic job on them. The story and the writing were strong, just as they were in last month's self-contained story. And there's a letters page! I used to just buy this title to be a completist; now it's slowly but surely becoming one of the ten best titles I buy each month. And I buy about 20.

:D

Yeah it was all right.... i hope they explain Chameleon..... because he was insane as in a Kraven book a few years back, thinking he was Kraven
And on the letters page they said they would talk about Chameleon next issue

Shihad said:
Yeah it was all right.... i hope they explain Chameleon..... because he was insane as in a Kraven book a few years back, thinking he was Kraven
And on the letters page they said they would talk about Chameleon next issue

Kraven is currently in the Beyond! mini, only he thinks he's a TV/movie producer.

ultimatedjf said:
Kraven is currently in the Beyond! mini, only he thinks he's a TV/movie producer.

I'm pretty sure he is a TV/movie producer in 616 anyway.

ProjectX2 said:
I'm pretty sure he is a TV/movie producer in 616 anyway.

Oh, I meant to say he thinks he's one of the best of what he does in Hollywood, something I think happened in a mini a few years ago. (I forget the title but I remember it had Kingpin in it. I also remember the fans hated it.) That was the last time he was used in 616, I believe.

Anyway, SSM.

I can't wait for November solicitations (will they be out Tuesday at noon, like usual?), so we can see what the next arc will be about. Both this and Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man (which is leagues better than this book -- not counting the arc called "Jumping the Tracks.") will be starting new books in November, and as I enjoy both titles and Spider-Man Unmasked will still be going on (I can assume), I can't wait to find out what's coming up next for Peter Parker.

thee great one said:
I'm glad the old artist is back, this book is great 90's unfluenced book. But not a bad thing.

Yeah, very 90's kind of look to it, and I like it quite a bit now that I've gotten used to seeing it in Spectacular again. And you're right, it's not a bad thing at all. The style sits well with me. When I think of this title's art, the first panel that comes to mind is the one where Chameleon gives that huge smile at the end of his talk with Raxton. Either that or the full page spread of MJ finding herself with the knife in her hand.

I may go back and read the "Feral" arc in one sitting sometime soon. Give it another try since I only read each part of that arc once and that was the day each one came out. I may have read Pt. 1 twice, but I can't remember.

Sceens from Sensational Spider-Man #31.

SENSAT031000col.jpg

SENSM031001_col.jpg

SENSM031006c_col.jpg

SENSM031007c_col.jpg

SENSM031008c_col.jpg

SENSM031010_col.jpg

Last edited:
Hey on the cover for #35, the one with the black suit, there is a stangr spider web-swinging with Spidey......uh, what is that supposed to be? A tie to the Other?

Latest posts

Back