Spider-Man Sensational Spider-Man series discussion (spoilers)

MK Spiderman - issues 1-12 - recap

I've been undecided whether I ought to like or hate this series from the beginning, and my opinion changed pretty much every singe issue.

In retrospect, I think it has been, nice, although not extraordinary.

Millar thought out a nice explanation why spidey had been fighting the same guys all over again, time and again. It's funny, but it also contradicts much traditional Spidey-lore.
I hated the way the plot eventuall played out, especially Osborn's role doen't really make sense, I'd say. I don't enjoy drawn-out brawls without any unexpectad plot twists, either.

But what I think the series suffered most from was bad timing:
1. Peter saved MJ on the bridge, thinking about "how many times he has wondered how he could have saved Gwen" - 6 months after Stracincky did the same thing with Sarah Stacy.
2. Aunt May moves back to her old house, where "the windows freeze over in winter" - 1 month after the same building burned down in Amazing.
-

Ricky

I loved this story. The only thing I didnt like was Venom being beaten by a building falling on top of him. That shouldnt be able to stop Venom at all.

Marvel Knights Spider-Man #15 (spoilers)

I thought this was better than the first two issues. I really liked how there were multiple artists for different parts, but I'm wondering: who did the art for the Ethan story? The credits only list Tan and Buckingham. It could be one of them doing a different style, I don't know.

2 questions: In the last issue, what did Ethan do to Peter when Peter closed his eyes to pray?

And what caused Ethan's costume to burn off in this ish?

Finally, any ideas for the title of the Letters Page? I want these to stay dammit! :x

Ricky said:
But what I think the series suffered most from was bad timing:
1. Peter saved MJ on the bridge, thinking about "how many times he has wondered how he could have saved Gwen" - 6 months after Stracincky did the same thing with Sarah Stacy.
2. Aunt May moves back to her old house, where "the windows freeze over in winter" - 1 month after the same building burned down in Amazing.
-
Ricky

Agree with this. Because it was a super-arc, which covered (weeks? months?) and the comic released over a year, it threw out the continuity with the other titles completely. which is a shame as i really enjoyed this story...

Nurhachi, bear in mind this in mind...that was one of Venom 3's first fights...possibly he collapsed out of instinct...as the scorp a building falling on him would have stopped him probably!

The title was okay, and enjoyable, but I found the "conspiracy" to be inappropriate and forced (I think such a backstory would've suited some one OTHER than Spider-Man who is not a big time superhero - say Captain America or Superman a lot better) - and the ending was a deus ex machina which makes me very, very angry. But I think back to The Ultimates and the world aligns, and you are all spared my wrath.

Nurhachi said:
I loved this story. The only thing I didnt like was Venom being beaten by a building falling on top of him. That shouldnt be able to stop Venom at all.
Yeah but the difference between this Venom and the Eddie Brock incarnation of Venom is that no matter how experienced and tough the symbiote was, he was attached to a complete loser jackass at the time.

UltimateE said:
If I had to grade it, I'd give it (in the words of Jack Black):

"An F...MINUS. Click!"

I told my LCS owner that I was dropping it because it was probably the worst single issue of a comic book ever made.

And Ice said I should at least have tried it... :D

Yeah I thought this sucked and gave up on it during Venomous. Might look at the HC for a ful read of it.........better the whole way through at once?

Eh...

Um, well it wasn't quite as bad as what some of you were saying...but it was far from good. The writing was horrible... they made spidey a little wussy and it kind of made me mad. The art style was kind of ugly too, or maybe it was the inker.

That wasn't sentry at the Bugle, right? The Ethan guy? I thought I read somewhere on this thread that it was..

Eh, still bleh. Spider-man shouldn't have let himself get stabbed anyways... he's way too good for that.

Rawr!

MK: Spider-Man #16 (Discussions/Spoilers)

This didnt come out today, but I just got it today. So...

First of all, a big fat:

TOLD YA SO!!!!!

To everyone who thought Ethan was Sentry. Ya know who ya are. Ethan is really a Super Skrull. His father created them. We all know that the Skrulls have been trying to take over the Earth since like, forever. Galactus was coming to destroy their world, and still wanting to keep his plan going, Ethan's father gave him more powerful powers than the first Super Skrull to make sure he would succeed in conquering Earth. He gave him all he needed to make it look like he's human, and until the time was right to strike. I think Hudlin used the Superman approach, probably just to make fun, or maybe as a nod. But I say make fun. :p

Though Hudlin could have made written the story differently to make it interesting for others, I think its good. You can never trust everything you see until ithe truth is revealed! :wink:

I was liking this arc (like Ice and..... well, no one else) up until this issue, and then I just got too annoyed by the writing. I liked the first issues, because it seemed like Hudlin was going to make this an arc with a LOT of story lines, but now that's the same reason I don't like it; the arc is nearing the end, and along with the choppy artwork and bad dialogue, waaaaay too many questions keep lingering in my mind after reading the issue, some from this issue, and many from 13, 14, and 15. But that last panel just had me laughing at the badness of it all. Sorry I don't agree with you.

4/10 :(

Can't wait till The Other.

Re: MK Spiderman - series discussion (spoilers)

I'm sorry if I'm... Well, Way too late in the conversation. But can someone tell me what this issue #11 is about with Spider-Man, Black Cat, and Green Goblin standing side by side against what seems to be a small army of super villains?

Ultimate Deadpool said:
I'm sorry if I'm... Well, Way too late in the conversation. But can someone tell me what this issue #11 is about with Spider-Man, Black Cat, and Green Goblin standing side by side against what seems to be a small army of super villains?

It was Black Cat and Spider-Man facing an army of villains led by Green Goblin. Or in other words The Sinister Twelve.

thee great one said:
It was Black Cat and Spider-Man facing an army of villains led by Green Goblin. Or in other words The Sinister Twelve.

Dammit! That cover was very misleading!!!

MKSM #19: The Other Part 2

So, I just go this today and wasn't overly impressed. With the new villain, Tracer, it seems as if he can do anything. I mean first he had trackling bullets and now he hacked Iron Man's armor. I don't like the way "The Other" is going right now and I hope it gets better with Amazing :? .

Last edited:

Pandrio said:
So, anyone else pick this up, because a lot of you seemed to like FNSM #1 with part 1.
I did. It was an alright issue. The stalker was a bit too much.

icemastertron said:
I did. It was an alright issue. The stalker was a bit too much.
So, did you like the whole Tracer bit, with him hacking IM.

I liked the stalker bit a little, but they went to far with it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back