Spider-Man Sensational Spider-Man series discussion (spoilers)

Well this issue was pretty good. I don't see what was so horrible about the dialogue, E. It seemed good for Hudlin's first take on Spidey. The art was good, though I do miss Dodson. I give the issue a B.

And hey, his Wolverine was better than expected. :wink:

ive read 13 and 14 online (through bit torrent) and i must say, i was not impressed....the story is rough on the balance and i feel like im watching a sitcom rather than reading spider-man... the artwork isnt as solid as it could be either....ill be checking out 15 and 16 at my leisure, and if things dont appear to improve, its lights out...all the books hudlin is doing now should be done by christopher priest....

icemastertron said:
I give the issue a B.

If I had to grade it, I'd give it (in the words of Jack Black):

"An F...MINUS. Click!"

I told my LCS owner that I was dropping it because it was probably the worst single issue of a comic book ever made.

But I don't think it's THAT BAD. I honestly don't see what's so horrible. It's not GREAT, but it's not GARBAGE or whatever, either.

But I seem to be the only one with that thought, no shock there...:neutral:

TheManWithoutFear said:
The reason I brought this thread up was I was wondering about tie ins with New Avengers? So how bout them?

The only one I remember is that Pete, MJ, and Aunt May are living in Stark Tower. Jarvis is waiting on May at one point. That was kind of surreal.

icemastertron said:
But I don't think it's THAT BAD. I honestly don't see what's so horrible. It's not GREAT, but it's not GARBAGE or whatever, either.

But I seem to be the only one with that thought, no shock there...:neutral:

dont get me wrong, its not garbage, its just not worth my 2.99 a month...

TheManWithoutFear said:
What's the deal with the final pages then? Looks like the NA to me.

The others were in it. I seem to remember Spidey asking for but not receiving their help. Seriously, the issue was so bad that I don't remember.

TheManWithoutFear said:
What's the deal with the final pages then? Looks like the NA to me.

Well, in MK Spidey #13 he is already living in Avengers Tower. He comes home from work and gets angry because he feels that Jarvis is hittin on Aunt May and Wolvie is hitting on MJ. Heated words are thrown. At the end of the issue, theyre all training against each other, and wolverine lets his rage out about what happened earlier by stabbing Spidey

They're not actually against each other. Saying it like that will give out the wrong message. They were only practicing to work as a team, by Cap'n A.

icemastertron said:
They're not actually against each other. Saying it like that will give out the wrong message. They were only practicing to work as a team, by Cap'n A.

I said they were training :? And yes, it was Cap vs Spiderwoman, Cage vs Iron Man and Spidey vs Wolvie against each other. But TRAINING!

Yet, Wolverine is shown training all the time with his claws out. I remember reading a 90's Claremont training issue, where Wolverine pops his claws out right in front of the professor's face! Cyclops is like HOLY CRAP DUDE WHAT AR EYOU DOING!? and Wolverine is like "psh, I know what i'm doing."

It's dumb! Wolverine isn't supposed to be dumb, and he's gotten past the careless stage.

He was probably just venting. Or he thought Spidey needed new VENTilation.

Get it?

I'll stop now

Latest posts

Back