Spider-Man Sensational Spider-Man series discussion (spoilers)

MK Spider-man # 12(last stand pt 4) (ISSUE SPOILERS!!!!!!!)

So i asked a friend of mine for details about the issue, he read the whole issue online....he is able to download comics(oh boy, cds, movies, now comics!!!?)

anyway, this is what he said happened, sounds pretty legit....

DONT READ IF YOU WANT TO READ THE ISSUE!!!!

Spidey and Osborn begin their usual routine of beating the crap out of each other, and Osborn reveals that Aunt May is alive but only for another half-hour or so, then the machine he has her hooked up to will automatically kill her. Oh, and it turns it he hired some down on his luck sorcerer to mystically shield May from all those psychics and such.

The fight continues when suddenly Octavius arrives. Bizarrely, he's lost his coherency from last issue ("this requires a plan with legs") and has gone back into robotic OSBORN-MUST-DIE mode. As Spidey rightfully notes, Ock doesn't stand a chance without his typical cunning and Osborn quickly pumpkin bombs him off the bridge.

For what should have been the Spider-Man equivalent of Freddy Vs. Jason, it seems a lot more like the equivalent of the 1971 horrible film Dracula Vs. Frankenstein instead.

Mary Jane wakes up, and manages to actually pop a cap in Osborn, which he's able to shrug off thanks to his armor. This distracts Spidey long enough for Osborn to get the advantage in the fight. He's got him at his mercy, and raises his glider over his head, deciding it will be poetic justice to kill Spidey by impaling him with it.

That's when Octavius grabs him from behind, having managed to save himself by snagging onto the bridge at the last second after Osborn took him out earlier.

Before the two can really get

into it, though, a massive lightning bolt strikes the glider and surges through both of them, knocking them out and causing both the Green Goblin and Doctor Octopus to fall off the bridge and into the depths.

Spidey, after lowering Mary Jane down, deduces where Aunt May is. "If just Uncle Ben's tombstone was defaced, why was there fresh turf?" Yep, Osborn's already buried her and has kept her on some kind of advanced life support. Fortunately, Spidey's able to dig her out just in time before it kills her.

The next morning, Captain America hauls Octavius out of the water, who doesn't remember a thing of the last two months that he spent drugged and mind-controlled. There's no trace of Osborn.

Peter muses about quitting the Spidey business again, but Aunt May talks him out of it--"Mary Jane said you went through these phases every couple of years"--and even gives him a new costume.

Jonah, apparently still somehow believing his son is Spider-Man, has decided the Daily Bugle will now be Spidey's biggest supporter (the front page headline is SPIDEY SAVES NY FROM NEW VENOM!).

Speaking of which, Mac Gargan is in his cell, now inscribed VENOM. He doesn't give up Peter's secret, saying "Why should I give up the stick I have to beat you with?" And the brand-new Scorpion suit that Osborn had designed for him...goes up for auction by the Tinkerer, much like the symbiote had earlier. No hint given as to who gets it.

Peter gets a letter in the mail, delivered automatically by one of Osborn's flunkies. "Dear Peter, if you're reading this, it means my latest plan has failed...I'm sure we had an exciting time. If I'm still alive, I look forward to next time." He goes on that he keeps doing what he does not just to get revenge on Spider-Man, but because it keeps from being just another of the boring businessmen he sees everyday. "Yours sincerely, Norman."

You mean the lightning that hit the glider? I'm pretty sure this is not exactly what's going to happen, as some of it doesn't fit with the preview. Unless the pages have been all mixed up. Anyway, I just want the trade so I can read the last arc of it.

The Captain said:
so was i right about this stuff? the issue has been out for a while, ive been waiting for feedback, none from you guys yet though...

Yeah, it sounds right. I haven't said anything because in all honesty I thought the series was decent but nothing spectacular.

UltimateE said:
Yeah, it sounds right. I haven't said anything because in all honesty I thought the series was decent but nothing spectacular.
I thought the series was great, and this issue was definetly awesome. I think that this series is a better Spidey series than USM. At least, right now, since Millar was on it.

The Captain said:
so was i right about this stuff?

Pretty much. Except that after MJ shoots Osborn, she falls off of the bridge, and Pete has to save her (without breaking her neck, like he did with Gwen). Oh, and Pete doesn't get to May in time to save her, but yet another lightning bolt strikes and she comes back to life.

I can't believe this at all... not the editor, Millar, Dodson, none of them thought that, hey, maybe we shouldn't end a 12-issue run on a deus ex machina?

Goddammit... they should be better than this. Amateur hour.

moonmaster said:
Pretty much. Except that after MJ shoots Osborn, she falls off of the bridge, and Pete has to save her (without breaking her neck, like he did with Gwen). Oh, and Pete doesn't get to May in time to save her, but yet another lightning bolt strikes and she comes back to life.

:lol:

i hated how norman was portrayed in this arc, he pretty much talked as if he was the writer of the series..

i wanted more action between doc ock and gg, a lightning bolt from above (yeah, THOR LIVES!!) doesnt do it justice!! :wink:

having this issue almost 2 weeks before it came out didnt help me like this issue anymore either...

The only reason I got this is because I wasn't quick enough to drop it after #12.

I read through maybe 8 pages and...what on earth is Creel doing here?! :?

I just never understood why Logan would train with his claws out. It makes absolutely no sense.

OK, I just read it. I give it an F.

This was seriously the worst dialogue I've ever read in my life. Including Secret War 2. :(

Hey E, since you'll drop it after with this issue, do you know that Hudlin is only on MK: Spidey for 12 issues, right? Will you think about picking up again then?

icemastertron said:
Hey E, since you'll drop it after with this issue, do you know that Hudlin is only on MK: Spidey for 12 issues, right? Will you think about picking up again then?

Depending on who replaces him, yes.

Latest posts

Back