Sensational Spider-Man

Dude I love your dialouge. Cliffhangers are great. I was confused a bit but I loved it.

This was a cool chapter with Erik (WOOT!) and Jake (Who is this guy). Mysterious villains and plot makes me looking forward for next chapter.

Spider-Man3.bmp

Sensational Spider-Man #3
Written and cover put together by Icemastertron

Web Of Lies: Part 3 of 4

Spider-Man attacking the Bugle while Peter is there? What's up with that?! As Peter goes finds out what's going on, see how this ties into MJ's kidnapping! And while he does that, he enlists some help. That's right! None other than Daredevil!

Guest-starring: UltimateE too!

Cool cover and solict. I expect MWF and E to read this.

icemastertron said:
Spider-Man3.bmp

Sensational Spider-Man #3
Written and cover put together by Icemastertron

Web Of Lies: Part 3 of 4

Spider-Man attacking the Bugle while Peter is there? What's up with that?! As Peter goes finds out what's going on, see how this ties into MJ's kidnapping! And while he does that, he enlists some help. That's right! None other than Daredevil!

Guest-starring: UltimateE too!
Hey MWF, whatdaya think of this? :wink:

Well, the issue was a step up from your last, however, I really wish you would just stick with your X-Men. You really seemed in your element then.

Okay, we move the action forward a bit in this one, although in some ways we've got more of a mystery than we did when we started. The prime witness has been killed, and Spider-man's still looking for clues.

The action in this seems to flow pretty well from one scene to another. Nice bit of humor with Peter forgetting his study date, and his friends preparing to pay him back later. I'm a little puzzled on Spider-man's reasoning that information he needs would be found in a restaurant's computer. Is he looking for names and reservations, I presume?

Still, the plot problems are pretty minor. The changes in verb tenses seem to be mostly under control, the action is straight-forward, and Peter is hard at work on the mystery. Bring on the next chapter!

"Look, I don't know where Spider-Man is. It's not like he has a secret headquarters, or anything…" Peter told his capturer, looking straight into the gun's barrel with one eye, and the other on him.
And Peter, who is of course in no way connected to Spider-man ( :innocent: ) would know there's no secret headquarters becaaauuussse...? :wink:

WEEEEEOOOOOOO WEEEEEOOOOOO

The cops had arrived.
Oooo, not only do we get action, we also get sound effects. One thing here that surprises me a bit is that after the kidnapper gets shot, shouldn't the police like, fan out and search for signs of the shooter? Or did they do that so automatically that the guy in charge didn't even notice? :shock:

Yes sir. Thank you for trusting the services of…Chameleon…he always hangs up at the end. Stupid business men…"
:lol:

"My name is Detective Neil Garrett. I'm here to find out what happened."
I had to laugh at this, not because there was anything wrong with it, but because an author named Glen Cook wrote a whole series of books about a man named R. Garrett, who was not only named after a writer of science fiction and mysteries, but who was himself a detective. Sorry, couldn't resist the literary plug. :D Back to our regularly scheduled review....

"Well, listen. I need some help. I ah…heard you can…hack into things."
I keep forgetting that this isn't set in the Ultimate Universe, where Peter could do his own hacking.

Big La-Freak?
You're kidding, right? Someone actually patented a name like that for their restaurant? Can't people be arrested for things like that? Please? :please:

Seldes Katne said:
I'm a little puzzled on Spider-man's reasoning that information he needs would be found in a restaurant's computer. Is he looking for names and reservations, I presume?
Exactly that. That would have been mentioned in the chapter, but as you know what happened in the end....
Well, you'll see it next chapter.

Seldes Katne said:
And Peter, who is of course in no way connected to Spider-man ( :innocent: ) would know there's no secret headquarters becaaauuussse...? :wink:
Eh....he's suddenly Canadian and knows nothing? :?

Seldes Katne said:
Oooo, not only do we get action, we also get sound effects. One thing here that surprises me a bit is that after the kidnapper gets shot, shouldn't the police like, fan out and search for signs of the shooter? Or did they do that so automatically that the guy in charge didn't even notice? :shock:
That damn Peter distracting them about his aunt. Pffft. This is his fault.

Seldes Katne said:

I had to laugh at this, not because there was anything wrong with it, but because an author named Glen Cook wrote a whole series of books about a man named R. Garrett, who was not only named after a writer of science fiction and mysteries, but who was himself a detective. Sorry, couldn't resist the literary plug. :D Back to our regularly scheduled review....
Really? I took this name from Spectacular Spider-Man.

Seldes Katne said:
I keep forgetting that this isn't set in the Ultimate Universe, where Peter could do his own hacking.
This isn't?! :shock:

Seldes Katne said:
You're kidding, right? Someone actually patented a name like that for their restaurant? Can't people be arrested for things like that? Please? :please:
This is patrol car 962, we're on our way to take and close down the place.

Last edited:
And now, we are closer to the ending of the first arc. We're closer to see who's the mastermind behind everything! So read, enjoy, and post all your thoughts!

Spider-Man3.bmp

Chapter 3:
Web of Lies: Part 3 of 4

The Daily Bugle: 15th floor-

"What's wrong everybody? Can't you recognize your dear old Spider-Man?"

Peter Parker looked in awe, as he looked at the imposter, posing as Spider-Man. He knew others would believe he was the real deal, but there was nothing he could do to prove that wrong.

"Sp-sp-spider-Man, what are y-y-you d-d-doing?" A nervous man asked, scared for his life. "You're supposed to b-b-be a h-h-hero."

"Well, things change. And now I'm here to take all of your jewelry, watches, and anything else that's in gold and silver."

"This can't be right." Peter murmured to himself.

"You say something, amigo?"

"No, Erik. But how the hell are we supposed to-" Peter was cut off from talking, as he was interrupted by 'Spider-Man'.

"No, no, no. There will be no fraternizing with the other guest here. As a matter of a fact, why don't you join me?" Spider-Man told Peter. He then grabbed him by his collar, and picked him up.

"Let go of me." Peter said to him, struggling to get free.

"Oh, a feisty one, eh? Well, if you want to be let go off so badly, then I will let you go." Spider-Man took Peter, and walked over to where he had entered the building. He held Peter outside of the hole, as Peter dangled over the city.

Spider-Man than told him, "Bye-bye. Have fun in the after-life."

Spider-Man let go of Peter, and Peter plunged to the ground. But there were no screams. Not from Peter, and not from any by standers. When Spider-Man went to check, he saw someone coming towards him, holding Peter. It was Daredevil.

Daredevil jumped into the building, and put Peter down. "You can go now, sir." He told him. Peter didn't leave, but just moved towards another area of the room.

"Daredevil?!" Spider-Man said in surprise of the newly arrived guest. "The hell you doing here? You're not supposed to be here."

"And neither are you. I always knew you weren't someone to be trusted. Now you're showing your true colors. What took you so long? Just another punk."

"Get the hell out of here, you red monkey."

Daredevil jumped at Spider-Man, but missed since Spider-Man dodged him. But attacking Spider-Man isn't what Daredevil had in mind. Before jumping at Spider-Man, Daredevil had extended his Billy Club, so when Spider-Man dodged Daredevil, he tripped over the club.

He lost his balance, and fell outside, now falling to the ground himself.

"I'm not done with you." Daredevil yelled at him, as he went out the building, and tackled Spider-Man into a nearby alley. Both now, lay on the ground. But Spider-Man got up first, and tried to run away. Daredevil got up, and tackled him once again to the ground. Spider-Man tried to get him off by punching him in the face. Daredevil just took the pain, and didn't let go of Spider-Man.

"That's it, I've had enough!" Spider-Man yelled. He then had taken a sonic vibrator out, and jammed it to the highest maximum level. The noise was too much for Daredevil, and he quickly let go of Spider-Man, so he could cover his ears.

Spider-Man had left it behind, so Daredevil wouldn't be able to follow.

Luckily, Peter had followed the guys here, seeing if he could get anything on the imposter Spider-Man. He had gone into his Spider-Man suit, and after hearing the sonic waves, he too, covered his ears, but it didn't hurt him as much as it did for Daredevil.

He went to turn it off, but couldn't, since it was jammed. So he did the next best thing, he stomped on it, trying to destroy it. Once it was destroyed, Daredevil slowly got up, and got ready to fight. Not knowing about the imposter Spider-Man getting away, he believed that the real Spider-Man was the one he was just facing off with.

"I'm surprised. Most idiots get away when they get the chance. You're more of an idiot to have stayed."

"Say what now?" Spider-Man asked, confused.

"You didn't get enough of a beating? You stayed for more? WELL YOU'LL GET IT!"

Daredevil rushed up at Spider-Man, and kicked him in the chest, then flipped and kicked him again in the chin. Spider-Man flew back and fell into a pothole in the ground full of water.

"Gah, just great! You know, I. JUST. GOT. THIS. CLEANED!" Spider-Man yelled, as he got up, and looked at his wet rear-end. "You think with this soaked, it makes my butt look big?"

"You are nothing more than a stupid man. First you attack innocent men, than make some jokes? You're just another low-life."

"WO! Hold on there, little red riding hood! I didn't attack anyone. That wasn't me man!" Spider-Man told him, trying to defend himself.

Daredevil jumped over Spider-Man's shoulder, as he tried to grab him. Spider-Man ducked, and dashed out the way.

"Stay still. This will hurt you less if you don't move around so much." Daredevil had said to him.

"What are you nuts? You must be to be wearing something like that."

"Enough with this!" Daredevil took out his Billy Club, and extended it to the ground, as he used it to push himself into the sky, and have a drop on Spider-Man. But as Daredevil was coming down, Spider-Man shot his webs at him, trying to get him. But Daredevil wasn't stupid. No one just stands around as someone is coming towards him. Daredevil had grabbed a clothe line, used it to get himself behind Spider-Man, and as he landed, he quickly took Spider-Man by the neck, and flipped him over to the ground.

"Ouch. That…hurts."

"Wait, this isn't right." Daredevil said, in a confused tone.

Spider-Man remarked, "Yeah, Skippy. I mean, who flips people over like that these days, honestly?"

"You…you don't move like him. You really are not the Spider-Man I fought from that building."

"Oh, glad you noticed after the beating you gave me."

"If you're not him, then…great. He really did get away."

Daredevil took Spider-Man's hand, and lifted him up.

"I can't believe he got away! Damn it!" Daredevil said in anger.

"Well, I get beat up like everyday...no really, I do." Spider-Man said. "How about you just repay by helping me look for the guy? He could still be around pretending to be me, and my reputation is already bad as it is. Don't want it to get worse."

"If you're going to help, don't get in my way, Spider-Man!"

As Daredevil jumped from building to building, and Spider-Man swung from one to the other, the found no clues as to where the imposter might have headed.

Then, suddenly, they heard an outcry. A woman had yelled "HELP! SPIDER-MAN TOOK MY JEWELRY!"

"That's our cue double-d." Spider-Man told Daredevil.

Spider-Man and Daredevil both went down to check it out. They were now in the fair grounds, looking for the imposter Spider-Man.

As they looked around, people started to throw garbage at Spider-Man.

"Hey! What gives? I'm not the one you think I am because I look like the guy you think I am, but we're really not the same guy because we're not even related, and the other guy wears the same suit I do, making all of you think I'm him, but I'm not because we're two different people, and he's the fake one, making me the real one, who's always saved lives, and had never stolen."

Everyone just stood still, trying to understand what Spider-Man had just told them. But after a few seconds, they started to throw garbage again.

"Maybe it's best if we split up, Spider-Man. You take the south end, I'll go look in the north." Daredevil said to him.

"You got it, horn-head." And with that, Spider-Man left to search.

As Daredevil looked all around, he found no sign of the imposter Spider-Man anywhere. He went on to the east side of the fair grounds, but also came up with nothing. After he tried to find the imposter on the fair ground's west side, he went to join up with Spider-Man.

When Daredevil arrived at the south end, he ended up seeing a not pretty sight. The good thing was that Spider-Man had found the imposter. The bad news, it was Spider-Man fighting Spider-Man, and Daredevil had no way of knowing which one was the imposter.

Both were duplicating each other's moves to the exact.

"Hey there, red-stuff, mind helping me knock out the fake one here?"

"Me fake? You're the fake Spider-Man! Daredevil, attack him!"

"No, go hit this guy here! He's messing with your mind! HE'S THE FAKE!"

"Don't listen to him! He's trying to psyche you out! I'm the real Spider-Man! He's the fake!"

"DAREDEVIL!"

"DAREDEVIL!"

And both Spider-Men yelled, "HIT HIM!", pointing at each other.

Daredevil stood quietly. Both Spider-Men awaited to see what Daredevil would do. And then, Daredevil moved towards them.

"There's only one way to see who the true imposter is." He said.

Daredevil stood there, and listened. Listened at the rate their hearts beat. One heart was beating faster than a human on drums. The other, beat as normal paced as someone talking a stroll down the street.

Then Daredevil made his move. He went to the left, and knocked out the imposter Spider-Man. He took the mask off, and it revealed a bald, sky-blue skinned man. Spider-Man came in closer, to see who had been impersonating him.

"Who are you? And why have you been pretending to be me?" He asked him.

"I…I was told to. It was what I was paid for. To finally get you into the open, and take you. But…he wasn't supposed to appear."

"Ok, now answer the question, 'who are you'."

"I am the Chameleon. Master of the disguises."

"You're giving up the info pretty easy."

"It's too late for me. He'll get me for my failure, no matter what."

"Why were you sent to do this?"

"He wanted you Spider-Man. He told me to get you anyway I can. So I took that girl."

Spider-Man was quiet for a second. But he couldn't act surprised. He couldn't let anyone know about him being shocked at that.

"Who sent you?!" Spider-Man asked, furiously. He shook Chameleon, slamming his head into the ground.

Chameleon didn't answer.

"He's out cold now, Spider-Man. I'll take him to the authorities."

"Yeah…yeah, that's good." And with that, Spider-Man swung home.

As Peter wallowed in his apartment, from still not having found MJ, someone came knocking at the door. Peter went to open it, and saw that it was Erik, from the Daily Bugle Internet floor.

"UltimateE…err…Erik. What are you doing here? How did you find out where I live?"

"Please, don't insult me. You still need help right, amigo? I came to do the job you were gonna ask before that freak Spider-Man showed up. So, where's the computer?"

"Oh…right, right. I have a computer in the other room, this way."

After Peter showed Erik where he had his computer, Erik started to do his job. Peter gave him the information he needed, and after a few minutes, Erik had all what Peter wanted to know.

"Alrighty, man. Here's the info. The guy who used a credit card 'round the time you specified is riiiiiight….here. Wow, that's a lotta dough. Sure had someone with him, alright. You recognize that name?"

Peter looked at the name Erik pointed at, and Peter's eye widened as far as they could.

"NO! It…it can't be!"

TO BE CONCLUDED…

Last edited:
Nice work. I enjoyed E's cameo a lot and the ending was nicely written. The fights were nice, not too fast paced and I've got my own theory as to the identity of the mastermind behind all of this.

Good work

Ohhh!!!! I smell trouble. Dude again, great dialogue. I love how Daredevil was fighting. One question though. If at the end Daredevil could tell who was lying who the real Spider-Man was, then why couldn't he tell that it was an imposter the first time? You see what Im saying, but in the end dude. I loved it.

Good issue, and looking forward too seeing who the villain is. My only gripe is that DD is blind, he tells who people are by the sound of there heartbeats. So wouldnt he know straight away that spidey and chameleon are 2 different people? Good chapter tho

OK- Nur and Rene, let me set this straight.

When the real Spider-Man showed up, remember the sonic wave vibrator? That had DD all in pain, and clearly not thinking straight. So it's not like he could tell that the real Spider-Man was the he was fighting before. :wink:

icemastertron said:
OK- Nur and Rene, let me set this straight.

When the real Spider-Man showed up, remember the sonic wave vibrator? That had DD all in pain, and clearly not thinking straight. So it's not like he could tell that the real Spider-Man was the he was fighting before. :wink:

So was the sonic wave vibrator on when DD and the Chamelon were fighthing? But in the end dude. GREAT FREAKING CHAPTER!!!

Latest posts

Back