Sensational Spider-Man

slimjim said:
very nice. Is it me or was that shorter then normal?
Thank you.

It was a little shorter than normal. Only about 7 1/4 ( or 1/8 ) pages on Microsoft Word. Next chapter's 7 1/2 pages.

Partially my fault this took so long, because I ate Ice's soul as part of the editing process and it took about a week to pass.

Caduceus said:
Partially my fault this took so long, because I ate Ice's soul as part of the editing process and it took about a week to pass.

I feel sorry for you. I suppose you were tempted to listen to Justin Timberlake and Maroon 5 as well?

SS9.jpg

Sensational Spider-Man #9
Written and cover put together by: icemastertron

Armed & Dangerous: Part 2 of 4
Good old Doc Ock has suffered a major accident, and blames Spider-Man as the cause. What happens when he breaks loose on innocent people? Will Spider-Man be able to stop him? And what's Jonathon Ohnn planning now?

icemastertron said:
SS9.jpg

Sensational Spider-Man #9
Written and cover put together by: icemastertron

Armed & Dangerous: Part 2 of 4
Good old Doc Ock has suffered a major accident, and blames Spider-Man as the cause. What happens when he breaks loose on innocent people? Will Spider-Man be able to stop him? And what's Jonathon Ohnn planning now?

Ooooh YEAH! :rockon:

That is one SPOTty cover. :D

Gosh, I'm punny.

I've read "Web Of Lies" finally Ice. I liked it. You write Spider-Man as a good smartass. I really liked when he was trying to explain that there are two of him to those people and the opening of issue 1. I got the 616HOM right away. I be back for the rest. Now you have to read Ultimate Wonder Woman.

Last edited:
thee great one said:
I've read "Web Of Lies" finally Ice. I liked it. You write Spider-Man as a good smartass. I really liked when he was trying to explain that there are two of him to those people and the opening of issue 1. I got the 616HOM right away. I be back for the rest.
Thanks! :D

thee great one said:
Now you have to read Ultimate Wonder Woman.
I will do so when I get back from work. I gotta head to class in a few.

Late, but better late than never. After revisions, here is Chapter 9.

SS9.jpg
CHAPTER 9:
ARMED & DANGEROUS: PART 2 OF 4

Three Years ago-
Nuclear Power Plant: Research Facility Room

"Don't mock me! I've got more intellect than all of you combined!" Jonathon Ohnn shouted at the other scientists. "This suit will work! My spot suit will put me above you all!"

Dr. Octavius came in, with hands folded behind his back. He stopped in the middle of the room, and took a look at every person in it. The room had gone silent the second he had stepped in, and no one dared to say a word to the head of Dr. Octavius was the head of the Research Department. Whatever he said was final. After a minute of looking at everyone, he began to walk around.

He stopped once more, this time, next to Jonathon. He than began to tell everyone, "You would be but utter fools to make mockery of a fellow scientist. How many times have scientist of the past were made were made to be jokes because of an invention they made? Did you think people jumped to glee when Thomas Edison said he would invent a source for light without using candles? You may have thoughts in your mind that this boy's suit may be of no use to us, but you wait and see. The future holds many promises."

Dr. Octavius looked to Jonathon and gave him a big smile. He whispered to him, "I think you and I will be companions soon enough. Come, we will talk further about your suit. So what does it do, precisely?"

Jonathon replied as he walked with Octavius, "It's a pocket dimension suit. You see, with this, I'm able to create pocket dimensions in the fabric of space, and create another one to appear anywhere I can think of. At the moment, I can only reappear in a 6 mile radius, but I'm working to make it further than that…"

"Interesting. Very interesting."

The Nuclear Power Plant-
Today.

"..and such a tragedy this has become from the events that folded last night," A reported stood in front of the Nuclear Power Plant, which now was completely destroyed. Debris was scattered everywhere, and the only thing that stood standing was bits of the building. The area had looked as if a bomb had hit it.

The reporter continued, "It is still unknown what exactly caused the explosion here. So far, the F.B.I. has ruled it an accident. There have been no confirmed deaths, and only a few injuries, one of these the famous scientist Dr. Otto Octavius, who's has been the head of the Research Department for 8 years now. At the moment, he is being treated at the Saint Mary's Hospital, here, in Queens, New York. Unfortunately, there is one missing. Jonathon Ohnn, assistant to Dr. Octavius. He was reported by the guards to have been within the building before the explosion, but the whereabouts are still unknown, and the police are looking into the matter, helping the F.B.I. This is Trish Trilby, New York 5 News."

CLICK.

Ouch. I'm in pain, and it hurts. It really, really hurts.

Peter thought to himself as he lay on the couch after turning of the TV. He held his stomach, as if it was ready to fall off. He had red bruise marks running from his waistline, all the way to his shoulder, on the left side of his body.

MJ came in with a bottle of peroxide and a bag of cotton balls. She kneeled down next to Peter, took a cotton ball with some peroxide on it, and began to dab it on Peter's wounds and burn marks.

"YEEEEEEEOOOOWWWWWWWW!" Peter yelled loudly.

"Come on, Tiger. It's not that bad. Now quit moving so much so I can put this on properly," Said MJ.

Peter told her, "Yeah, well, you're not the one who was caught in an explosion blast, and hit the side of a column at 50 M.P.H. or so." Peter squinted, and grinned as he still felt the pain.

"How did you manage to get out, anyways?" MJ asked him, as she got another cotton ball with peroxide.

"I can't remember much, to be honest, babe. I mean, after I hit that column, I barely had any strength to get up. All I remember is this person, in some black suit that took me away, soon as the police sirens were getting closer. Then I remember waking up on some building rooftop and just made my way here. I just hope no one lifted my mask. All I need now is for the whole world to know who Spider-Man really is, considering my half my mask was burnt off," He replied to her.

"Well, if Harry asks, you were suddenly called by your aunt to help her with something."

"Right, ok. Well, let me get ready for class. There's a big presentation on the effect of inter-species breeding on the smallest and largest genetic families in the animal kingdom."

"Tiger, you aren't going anywhere in your condition. You stay put. I'll be back later."

Saint Mary's Hospital-

Otto Octavius laid on the hospital bed, face down. His actuator arms still were attached, the tips of the arms hung from hangars connected to the ceiling. The overhead lights were off; only small lights around his bed were left on. Otto was in the middle of the room, which seemed to be an operation room. Three doctors and three nurses entered the room, preparing to operate on Otto.

"Nurse Amy, please get station one ready for the amputation, if you would be so kind to do so," one doctor told her.

"Yes, doctor," she replied.

As the nurse went about her tasks, Otto began to twitch a bit, but it went unnoticed, as they everyone else were washing their hands and putting their gloves on. As the nurse retrieved the items which the doctor asked her to get, she began to hear someone murmuring.

"Did anyone else hear that?" She asked. But everyone just shook their head now. Unbeknownst to them, Otto was starting to regain consciousness, slowly, but surely.

"So now, what we must do is to remove these arms. Though we can't do anything about the rest of it, we can remove the arms."

The doctors didn't take long with preparing to begin the operation, but as they were ready to start cutting off the actuator arms, one fell to the ground. As they looked and wondered how it fell, one doctor turned his head in slight disgust, when it was attached on properly, another one fell behind them. Then the last two fell to the ground. As the nurses went to pick them up, the arms quickly rose up and spread open to reveal three-prong claws. One nurse was stunned, as another gasped in shock, and the other nurse tumbled backwards with disbelief.

The arms slowly slithered like snakes, moving towards the ceiling, as if they were getting a feel of the room. Then, one arm grabbed a nurse, and slammed her on the wall, over and over. Another arm went straight to one of the doctors, and clamped on his head, squeezing very tightly. The third arm knocked down the other two nurses to the ground, than picked up, and threw them down again, over and over. The last arm took a doctor that was running towards the door, and threw him at the wall with maximum force, which than debris that came off from hitting the wall, fell on the doctor. The last doctor was taken by another arm and thrown into one of the machines in the room, shocking him with the electricity, killing him afterwards.

Octavius then awoke, and slowly began to rise from his bed with the arms still swirling all over the room. Around his eyes was a bandage, and the loose hospital gown that was his only covering hanging open at the back. With a nervous feeling, he quickly yanked and ripped the bandages off his eyes, so he could see again. His breathing became heavier and heavier by the second. He was staring disbelievingly around the room.

"This isn't real! A nightmare! I have to wake up now! WAKE UP!" He yelled at himself, in denial of the truth. "Reaching down, Otto hesitantly ran his fingers down his chest, flinching slightly when he felt the smooth metal of the actuator harness." Octavius felt around his body, to feel that it wasn't a lie. It was all real. His worst nightmare had become real, in his eyes. He was now a freak, an abomination to humans everywhere. Then he remembered. It was because of the accident. He thought. No! Not an accident. Spider....Spider-Man! He did this to me! He pulled those cords! Cause the machine to explode. Yes! Spider-Man! It was Spider-Man!

Octavius couldn't think clearly, as he didn't remember anything correctly, and had forgotten about his assistant, Jonathon. He forgot that the machine with the tritium he was working on was over-loading before Spider-Man had shown up.

Turning, Otto didn't even notice that his own feet weren't even touching the ground as he made for the door, the click of the metal arms quickly drowned out by the boot-thump of approaching guards.

Someone called them.

Otto's head whipped around. "What was that?!"

Deal with them.

Kill them.

Leave none alive.

"Who said that?!" Octavius asked. They were voices; voices which whispering in his head, but not of any person. But the shout of a guard shunted the voices to the back of his mind, when guards yelled at him to freeze, aiming their guns at him. Octavius became furious, and began to walk towards them.

"You're working for him! I know it! You'll die as he shall, too!"

Later on at Peter's apartment-

"Well, there you go Tiger. You're all bandaged up now. Don't break these now. They weren't cheap," MJ told Peter, as she finished applying the bandages around his wounds.

"Thanks, beautiful. Now maybe I can get some rest," Peter sighed in relief. MJ got up, and walked to the kitchen. Peter turned the TV back on, and heard about what had happened at Saint Mary's. About how Otto Octavius had gone crazy and was killing people. He saw the mess that Otto created, with the dead bodies being about.

....Yeeaaaahh....I spoke too soon about resting. At least I have half my Spidey suit on. Now where did leave the other half at?…

"Hey, Peter, do you know where I left…my…bag. MJ stopped talking when she walked back to the living room, and noticed Peter was gone. "One day, I'm just scared that he'll never be back."

A little while later-

"This is the police! Come out with your hands up!" An officer yelled out through a speaker.

"What?! Fools! They have no chance of stopping me! Not now! I'll yet have my revenge on Spider-Man. But not now. No, not like this. The time is not right. I must first prepare myself for the occasion," Octavius said, talking to himself. Octavius, looking still outside a window and noting the number of police officers, realized getting out wasn't going to be an easy task.

"I'll just have to find a way of eluding them. I will not tolerate any more obstacles in my way" he said as he put the arms on the wall and tore out a big chunk of it. The by-standers on the street below, as well as the police, all seemed a bit surprised to see what just happened. Octavius backed up a bit, and than threw the chunk of wall down at the street below. Everybody began to run and scream, but the piece of wall never hit the ground. When the terrified crowd glanced up, waiting for the impact, they found the huge fragment hanging from an intricate web.

Curious himself as to what happened, Octavius walked towards the edge, and when he looked, he found Spider-Man quickly charging his way, and was kicked in the face.

"What up, doc!" Spider-Man had shown up to the scene.

Octavius got up, furious, as he said to Spider-Man, "You pestering insect! You destroyed my life as it is! Look what you have done to me!"

"Such a baby," Spider-Man told him.

Grunting, Octavius attacked Spider-Man with his arms, sending two at him at full force. Spider-Man dodged them, as he flipped and jumped to miss the arms. But as two of the arms came to him again, one attacked him from the back, but missed as Spider-Man desperately, using his spider-sense, escaping all but the final arm, which coiled around his waist, constricting tightly around his chest.

Octavius took Spider-Man and slammed him against the wall. He kept slamming Spider-Man around like an old rag doll. Spider-Man tried to get loose, but without his full strength, there wasn't much he could do. Otto then slammed him one more time into the floor and took off shirt to show what Spider-Man had done to him.

"Look at this, you arachnid! Look what you've done!"

"Oh, dude, STOP! Put the shirt back on, please! Think of the children!" Spider-Man told him, struggling to get loose. While still in Octavius's grip, Spider-Man quickly webbed two of Octavius's arms and made them hit his dead, making Octavius loose his grip on Spider-Man. Octavius blocked his face from the webbing with having the arms take the hit. He ripped the web in half and used one of his arms to maintain a choke hold on Spider-Man.

"This isn't the time or place I wished to kill you. But better now than never. Hope you confessed all you sins past, Spider-Man."

TO BE CONTINUED…

NEXT: Find out Jonothan Ohnn's fate! And more!

2/5. I like the introduction of Ohnn and then Otto becoming Doc Ock, but it felt like an exact play-by-play of Spider-Man 2. The only reason I gave this a 2 was because of the way Ohnn was introduced and for the writing, but the idea and how it was executed...you're much more original than that, Ice. I know you could have put your own spin on this.

Doc Comic said:
2/5. I like the introduction of Ohnn and then Otto becoming Doc Ock, but it felt like an exact play-by-play of Spider-Man 2. The only reason I gave this a 2 was because of the way Ohnn was introduced and for the writing, but the idea and how it was executed...you're much more original than that, Ice. I know you could have put your own spin on this.
Um, you DO know this is part 2, and that Ohn was introduced last issue, right?

Im only keeping some parts of Spider-Man 2 for Doc Ock's origin (again, some, because its NOT the same completely).

icemastertron said:
Um, you DO know this is part 2, and that Ohn was introduced last issue, right?

Im only keeping some parts of Spider-Man 2 for Doc Ock's origin (again, some, because its NOT the same completely).
Well, that scene played out a lot like it, that's all. I'm just saying that I know you can put your own spin on it.

Doc Comic said:
Well, that scene played out a lot like it, that's all. I'm just saying that I know you can put your own spin on it.
And I will. I only used that origin with changes here and there, because as I explained, I liked how that Doc Ock started out. And as I said, he WILL NOT be going down the same road.

I just read Proj's run on it. It was a decent story. The dialogue was a little flat but nothing that really made it bad. I'll read the rest later. Now go read my fics Ice. There in my sig.

thee great one said:
I just read Proj's run on it. It was a decent story. The dialogue was a little flat but nothing that really made it bad. I'll read the rest later. Now go read my fics Ice. There in my sig.
Good solid issue but im confused on one part.
icemastertron said:
While still in Octavius's grip, Spider-Man quickly webbed two of Octavius's arms and made them hit his dead,
Thats supposed ti be head, right?

Latest posts

Back