Should Peter become a psuedo-X-Man?

Should Peter become a psuedo-X-Man?

• Yes, he should move in.

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • No, but he should hang out at the mansion.

Votes: 26 53.1%
  • No, keep your X-Men out of my Spider-Man!

Votes: 16 32.7%
  • I don't care.

Votes: 4 8.2%

• Total voters

Captain Morgan

SPOILERS

What do you guys think? In the Deadpool ark, we find out that Peter has been kidnapped across the globe, and with Aunt May's recent threat to throw him out of the house, it seems that he could be in trouble when he gets back, unless Xavier brain-washes Aunt May for him.

In addition, Peter can no longer reveal to the world that he is dating Kitty, because it will be publically known that she is dating Spider-Man. So, what do you think the odds are that he winds up shacking up in the old X-Mansion for a while? I think it could be neat, but people are complaining that the Deadpool ark feels more like an X-Men book then a Spider-Man one, and living in Whestchester would make it kind kind of hard to fight crime in New York. So I think I will add an option for him to spend time there, in the Danger Room and such, but not live there.

No, keep your X-Men out of my Spider-Man!

I love x-men and spider-man but I think too many crossovers or having him stay with them permently is bad idea. Too much of a good thing is still too much my friend.

I think it would be cool to see pete at the mansion every now and then. But that's it. Not like he should, but if he wanted to and all that. After all, it is the x-mansion. There is probably all kind of fun stuff you can do there. But I don't really want to read xmen all tangled up with spidey either. there should be more vote choices.

I do like the interaction between the X-Men and Spider-Man, but there has got to be a point where it all ends... He can't "join the team" or live at the mansion at any point or he would lose his "everyman" attractiveness.

Seeing Ultimate Spidey hanging out with other supers, whether the origins of their powers are the same or not, is a natural progression of the character. We saw that in the Johnny Storm arc. He feels lonely--which is why he likes Kitty so much, I think--and hated because of what he is... Things the X-Characters can identify with greatly. It makes perfect sense, especially when you consider his age and the fact that most mid-teenage boys are looking for role models and budding personalities to emulate.

I think i would make a pretty interesting idea is Peter got kicked out of his house and had to live at the mansion for a little while, but i don't think i should be any longer than two arcs.

Hi, I'm back now that I'm done with school for the semester.

I'm all for Pete hangin at the X Mansion, but Spider-Man as an X-Man? No way. Now maybe as an Ultimate...

It's not like Spider-Men from some of the other Universes didn't join a team. So it's possible but I don't think it going to happen here, maybe for short term. But not long term.

I'd like to see him join the Xmen for a year (one of our years, not one of his infinitely long years) but then go back to Aunt May.

She should tell him he can come back, only if he's complely honest with her, and he can then admit his dual Idenity to her.

When he turn 18 (which at this rate will be 40 years from now) he should join the Ultimates. Isn't that what Nick Fury insinuated earlier anyways?

Wha-- How can anyone vote for him to hang out at the mansion?!

jeremiahvedder said:
Seeing Ultimate Spidey hanging out with other supers, whether the origins of their powers are the same or not, is a natural progression of the character. We saw that in the Johnny Storm arc. He feels lonely--which is why he likes Kitty so much, I think--and hated because of what he is... Things the X-Characters can identify with greatly. It makes perfect sense, especially when you consider his age and the fact that most mid-teenage boys are looking for role models and budding personalities to emulate.

It's not a natural progression - it's the complete opposite of what this character is about. All of his problems are grounded in the facts that he's a 15-year old boy living with his aunt who has to sneak out to save people's lives...nevermind the fact that he has to go to school and work, how is he supposed to get from Queens to upstate New York to "hang out"? It's impossible. There is no way. What, are they going to pick him up in their X-plane in the middle of Queens, fly him back to "hang out" for a while, then fly back, again, dropping him off in the middle of one of the largest cities in the world? Without anyone - much less his aunt - finding out?

Spider-Man doesn't "hang out" with anyone, much less a group of people he has nothing in common with who live on the other side of the state. He's a loner. He does what he does on his own and only because he carries this extreme sense of guilt. He hates being a superhero, and basically has had nothing but problems with the other heroes he has met. Why would he "hang out" with them, if it were even possible?

jeremiahvedder - what you are saying might fit someone like Harry Osborn perfectly. But not Peter Parker.

I think he should stay there for a few issues and train to sharpen his skills. Xavier could offer him a place to better understand his powers and at the same time attend the school there for a semester. Then when summer time is over, bam, it's back to NY where he shacks back up with MJ b/c he feels more reliable, you got a triangle, more baddies, but now he's more level-headed and maybe gives fury more sass for his time.

J. Agamemnon said:
I think he should stay there for a few issues and train to sharpen his skills. Xavier could offer him a place to better understand his powers and at the same time attend the school there for a semester. Then when summer time is over, bam, it's back to NY where he shacks back up with MJ b/c he feels more reliable, you got a triangle, more baddies, but now he's more level-headed and maybe gives fury more sass for his time.

Yep. Aunt May will never miss him.

Come on.

Ultimate Deadpool gave me enough of the X-Men in USM for a long, long time. Sending Spidey off to Xavier's school would rob him of being Spider-Man of what makes Spider-Man special, and would rob the X-Men of what makes them special.

Could you really stand another Ultimate X-Men book? 'Cause that is what it would be.

And seeing Peter's current grades, I doubt any special schools would be accepting him.

Last edited:
He should party down at the mansion every once and a while, but there are 2 reasons I see why he should very definitely NOT become an X-Man

1)He's not a mutant. That's what the X-Men are, mutants fighting against persecusion (and evil giant super villains).

2)He's a solo character. It's cool for him to hang out with or team up with another character every so often, but at the end of the day Spider-man is a solo guy. Yeah maybe in the 616 he's been a part of various teams, but Ultimate Spider-man isn't, and shouldn't become, another team book. We already have Ultimate X-Men, Ultimate Fantastic Four, and The Ultimates; Ultimate Spider-man adds some diversity to the mix of team-books that are flooding the Ultimate Universe. I like being able to really get to know 1 character just as much as I like seeing 7 characters working and living together and how group dynamics play out, but you need both solo and team books in my opinion. X-Men = Team, Spider-man = Solo

Personally, I don't want him to become an X-Man, but it makes sense for him to head to the mansion every now and then, since he IS dating Kitty. In fact, it almost seems mandatory now that they have been outed as a couple. Where else can they hang out with out worrying about being caught? Kitty seems to just be coming down to see him, why not bring up there to hang out on a Saturday?

Really, it is only a 20 minute flight. And the mansion has the danger-room, an X-Box, and a DVD player. If they can't go to the movies, they could at least watch one on the couch. And Peter has expressed concern at his lack of combat training, and the Danger Room would be a cool way to get better. We can also get some interaction between Peter, Bobby, Rogue, and Kitty, an opportunity Bendis failed to capitalize in Deadpool. It is too bad Beast is dead, since he would make both a good sparring partner and a role model with his uber-brain.

Plus, I think that if every one is going to know his secret identity, he may as well get friendly with other super-heroes. I see a lot of potential with the FF. Reed would be a god to nerdy Peter, and he would probably fantasize about Suan a LOT (thank god the FF has no mind readers) and we already know that he could buddy up with Torch.

Latest posts

Back