Slasherverse - Timeline

Maybe the new family rebuilt the Sawyer house after Texas Chainsaw 3D explaining its appearance in Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2022)? Kidding of course, but I wish 3D and Leatherface were canon to the original timeline. We already have to accept that the Sawyers can be brought back from death, so it could work pretty well anyway with the Sawyers supposedly being killed in 1973. My explanation will always be that the Illuminati (The Next Generation) keeps bringing them back so that they can keep instilling fear for whatever reason.

Leatherface
Dies: Texas Chainsaw Massacre: Part 2
Alive: Leatherface: Texas Chainsaw Massacre III

Grandpa
Alive: Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation

Cook
Alive: Jason vs Leatherface #1-3

Hitchhiker
Dies: The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Alive: Jason vs Leatherface #1-3

The first four films are the same continuity regardless of what some people think. The intro texts should be look at as stories and rumours. Stretch appears in III. The Next Generation refers to two other incidents and then silence for 5 years (matching 1991-1996). Then, of course, Fade's comments about the other movies happening. I suppose you could take his comment about Leatherface being given as many chances as movies that happened could be taken to include Texas Chainsaw 3D, but... well, they were very adamant at that time that the only canon movies were The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Texas Chainsaw 3D and Leatherface so I guess we just lose out on Bubba's whole backstory (or Jed as it were).

My head-canon:
1965 - Leatherface
1973 - Petals
1973 - The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
1986 - Texas Chainsaw Massacre: Part 2
1991 - Leatherface: Texas Chainsaw Massacre III
1996 - Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation
2000 - Jason vs Leatherface #1-3
2012 - Texas Chainsaw 3D
2020 - Texas Chainsaw Massacre
202? - Texas Chainsaw Legacy
Giving my opinion. (Of course the others should give theirs as well) But, you Mr. @Pro Bot convinced me, I'm on board with your head-canon, so if you want to put all the Texas Chainsaw movies on the slasherverse timeline, you have a big ok by me. (Obviusly I speack for me, I don't know if the others would agree with you).

Fede Alvarez:
"She took him in under her wing. Probably… I think…. a lot of the movies that happened after [the original] still happened. He probably escaped, ya know. He was in and out of that place for a long time. I think she probably gave him enough chances as movies [that] happened. And then it got to a point that he settled down. He just stayed there."
"When I say 'direct sequel' I wouldn't say it skips everything. When movies do that, sometimes it feels a bit disrespectful to all the other films. Some people love Texas Chainsaw 2. I love a lot of things about that movie — it's so wacky and of its time. But the rest is such a mess canon-wise. I think it's up to you to decide when and how the events of the other movies happen."

David Blue Garcia:
"We like to call this a direct sequel to the original. Not that it ignores all the other films in between, but those aren't as important to the story. You can pick and choose what you want to from those other films. We're picking the movie up 50 years later and Leatherface has kind of been lying low in this orphanage and is disturbed by these millennial protagonists who come to town."

I would like having one solid timeline for the 1973 Leatherface. I don't really like alternate sequels, just like Fade. Maybe that's why he included Ash in his 2013 Evil Dead film.

I did the timeline for Halloween Tales, and let's see... witches (ok, that was a thing already), H.P. Lovecraft Gods (ok, that was also a thing already), aliens, and vampires are a thing, and one story is set in 2099.

Oh, and timeline-wize I've placed it as early as I can given the information and assuming chronological storytelling, which is... 2022-2033? Imagine someone watching Frozen and telling them about all of this.

Curious, but any idea if Scream, Sleepaway Camp or Saw have any connections (be it small cameos or references) that can bring them into the Slasherverse?

Like, I know Scream is all meta about referencing real-life horror movies, but given Leslie Vernon mentioned stuff about certain Slashers being legends and all, as well as Evil Dead being an in-universe movie in Nightmare on Elm Street (despite the events of the movie occurring a full year before Evil Dead 1), what's not to say that, just like how the initial Stab movies (up until the third movie) in Scream were based on Sidney's experiences with Ghostface, Hollywood turned the likes of Jason, Freddy, Michael, Chucky, Pinhead etc... into horror movies? Plus, I think Seed of Chucky started with Glen seeing a preview for an upcoming movie based on his parents (Chucky and Tiffany), so there's that.

There was a kid dressed as a Jigsaw acolyte in Texas Chainsaw 3D. Scream Season 3 had Candyman in it... only it was just a normal guy played by Tony Todd with a hook for the hand.

Oh... Scream is somewhat set in the View Askewniverse, so I guess a bunch of Kevin Smith movies are connected to that universe. Also that film with the human walus, Tusk.

Last edited:
Evil Dead being an in-universe movie in Nightmare on Elm Street (despite the events of the movie occurring a full year before Evil Dead 1)
Funny thing about that, A Nightmare on Elm Street takes place before Evil Dead even actually released, so Nancy is watching a movie that hasn't released yet that also takes place in her universe even later on.

Oh, another thing. Halloween Tales III states that there's books written by Adam Green (creator of Frozen, Hatchet, F13 game Tommy tapes) detailing Victor Crowley's history in the 2099 story.

Hollywood turned the likes of Jason, Freddy, Michael, Chucky, Pinhead etc... into horror movies?
This is canon.

Adam Green's Hatchet references Friday the 13th, A Nightmare on Elm Street and Texas Chainsaw Massacre as in-universe films. A Nightmare on Elm Street was turned into a film after an episode of Freddy's Nightmares. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre's intro suggests it's an film (I placed that part in 1974). The Toolbox Murders states that the film is a dramatisation of events that occurred in 1967 (I placed that part in 1978). Friday the 13th: Part 2 is an existing movie in 1982 during Ash vs Evil Dead. Hellraiser: Hellworld heavily focuses on the idea of an in-universe video game series based on the Cenobites called Hellworld. It's only at the end of the film that it is revealed to be real.

Adam Green's Hatchet does seem to reference a film where a killer kills people with hooks, but the comic takes place in 1985, a few years before Hellraiser released.

In the TV series, there's occasionally meta moments set outside the world of the Child's Play films. Technically there's three layers because of the in-universe Chucky Goes Psycho film.
Talking of Child's Play and Psycho, from the first issue of the first Child's Play comic...
1707338391712.png
Not sure if this means Norman Bates exists in-universe, which in turns means that Psycho is part of the Slasherverse (and also means that fan-theory of the Sam Loomis's from Psycho and Halloween is real in terms of the Slasherverse), or if Psycho is one of the many in-universe movies...

Also, I'm adamant that Dr. Curry's mention about "Covens of Werewolves" is referencing The Howling movies (which would work, since the first six movies in the series had released by then, with the latest one just coming out in 1991). As for the "Swamp Monsters roaming bayous", it's either gotta be the 1980s Swamp Thing movies (made by Wes Craven :D), The Beast Within or Terror in the Swamp.
1707339511245.png

Also, I'm adamant that Dr. Curry's mention about "Covens of Werewolves" is referencing The Howling movies (which would work, since the first six movies in the series had released by then, with the latest one just coming out in 1991). As for the "Swamp Monsters roaming bayous", it's either gotta be the 1980s Swamp Thing movies (made by Wes Craven :D), The Beast Within or Terror in the Swamp.
View attachment 1760
I remember wondering what those references could refer to and came to similar conclusions. Also, The Howling and Gremlins are the same universe due to Jim McKrell as Lew Landers.

Well, if that's the case, we better work those into the Slasherverse. XD
Probably a reference, but not specific enough to include in my opinion. Plus, I like to try and stick to live-action crossovers generally. Otherwise, Darkman and Bubba Ho-Tep had direct crossovers with Evil Dead. Oh, and then there's Hack/Slash...

Oh yeah, any reason why the Pumpkinhead series was left out, despite the ties to both Evil Dead (Necronomicon Ex-Mortis) and Hellraiser (Lament Configuration)?
I might add that, but to answer your question, it's because the connections seem more like easter eggs than proper tangible connections. That sounds silly on this kind of list, but still. Like, Hellboy, Supernatural, Constantine (2005) and the Arrowverse aren't the same universe because they all use the same spear of destiny. Everything I've included I've tried to give a valid argument that would be convincing for a proper inclusion.

Not that I won't ever add Pumpkinhead.

Latest posts

Back