Slasherverse - Timeline

I might add that, but to answer your question, it's because the connections seem more like easter eggs than proper tangible connections. That sounds silly on this kind of list, but still. Like, Hellboy, Supernatural, Constantine (2005) and the Arrowverse aren't the same universe because they all use the same spear of destiny. Everything I've included I've tried to give a valid argument that would be convincing for a proper inclusion.

Not that I won't ever add Pumpkinhead.
Hmmmm, fair enough.

I might add that, but to answer your question, it's because the connections seem more like easter eggs than proper tangible connections. That sounds silly on this kind of list, but still. Like, Hellboy, Supernatural, Constantine (2005) and the Arrowverse aren't the same universe because they all use the same spear of destiny. Everything I've included I've tried to give a valid argument that would be convincing for a proper inclusion.

Not that I won't ever add Pumpkinhead.
Isn't connection with Hellraiser of the same kind? Just an easter egg appearance of the Lament Configuration?

This didn't age well... The theme music is very similar.

Breathes in
FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK! NOOOOO!
Amityville canon is a mess!!!!!!

OH HELL YES, AM I EXCITED FOR THE AMITYVILLE SERIES TO JOIN THE SLASHERVERSE!
citrus-anime-yuzu.gif
I take it you'll be watching every movie to see if they fit in the Slasherverse or not, right @Pro Bot ? XD

If you're gonna add Amityville I'd recommend watching this video

Amityville II can't be a prequel due to a contradictory timeline. There's name changes and present day timeline references.

Amityville: Evil Never Dies firmly connects to the 1-8 film series and Legacy. The house is destroyed in 3-D but around in 4, so I guess it was restored by the evil presence... though Evil Never Dies suggests that it was destroyed thus implying it still is, so I don't know. In Chucky, the house is still there.

Original Timeline
1975 - The Amityville Horror (1979)
1982 - Amityville II: The Possession
1983 - Amityville 3-D
1989 - Amityville 4: The Evil Escapes
1989 - The Amityville Curse
1992 - Amityville: It's About Time
1993 - Amityville: A New Generation
1996 - Amityville Dollhouse
2014 - The Amityville Legacy
2017 - Amityville: Evil Never Dies
2020 - Amityville in the Hood
2023 - Chucky 3x03, "Jennifer's Body" (????)

Reboot
1932 - The Amityville Dawn
1975 - The Amityville Horror (2005)

Haunting
2008 - The Amityville Haunting

Asylum
2013 - The Amityville Asylum

Death House
2015 - Amityville Death House
2017 - Amityville: Exorcism
2020 - Amityville Island

Sickle
2010 - Sickle

Dollhouse
2015 - Amityville Playhouse

Vanishing Point
2016 - Amityville: Vanishing Point

Terror
2015 - The Amityville Terror

No Escape
2016 - Amityville: No Escape

Against the Night
2017 - Against the Night

The Awakening/Real World
2015 - Amityville: The Awakening

Murders
1974 - The Amityville Murders

Mt. Misery Road
2017 - Amityville: Mt. Misery Road

Academy
2020 - Witches of Amityville Academy

Harvest
2020 - The Amityville Harvest
2021 - Amityville Moon

Vibrator
2020 - Amityville Vibrator

Poltergeist
2020 - An Amityville Poltergeist

Cop
2021 - Amityville Cop

Cult
2021 - Amityville Cult

Vampire
2019 - Amityville Vampire

Scarecrow
2022 - Amityville Scarecrow

Uprising
2020 - Amityville Uprising

(A bunch of others)

Last edited:
Let's calm down first and examine the timelines. It does appear as if it house is supposed to be destroyed in 3-D. Legacy/Evil Never Dies seem to be part of the "unofficial" branch of films but it does reference all of those sequels directly, and that the house was destroyed. Though, I suppose that could explain why it looks slightly different in Chucky.

The order, to explain the house continuity, might be:
1986 - Amityville 4: The Evil Escapes (yard sale for house)
1987 - Amityville 3-D (House destroyed)
2023 - Chucky 3x03, "Jennifer's Body" (house rebuilt)

Either way, I think that someone watching this timeline would probably find it quite cool that it links like that. Honestly a pretty solid connection all things considered.

Either way, I think that someone watching this timeline would probably find it quite cool that it links like that. Honestly a pretty solid connection all things considered.
It feels so good when things in different franchises just happen to line up by some sort of cosmic chance avoiding us lots of problems with placements.

Amityville in the Hood is a sequel to Evil Never Dies, which is a sequel to Legacy, and the house is still there in Amityville in the Hood, so that means that the house is NOT destroyed. Okay, we're getting somewhere.

Legacy, Evil Never Dies and In the Hood seem to be "unofficial" sequels to the original 8-film timeline regardless. Is it canon? I don't know, this series is a mess. The first 8 films I'd say probably fit.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240221_101921_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240221_101921_Chrome.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_20240221_102006_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240221_102006_Chrome.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 6
I should also mention the news reporter Peter Sommers, from Amityville Evil Never Dies, also apears in a bunch of other low budget movies including a bunch of another Amityville Movies

I'm not even going to bother listing all of those connections, lol. Nice find though. The low budget crappy Peter Sommers universe is not something I expected.

Let's calm down first and examine the timelines. It does appear as if it house is supposed to be destroyed in 3-D. Legacy/Evil Never Dies seem to be part of the "unofficial" branch of films but it does reference all of those sequels directly, and that the house was destroyed. Though, I suppose that could explain why it looks slightly different in Chucky.

The order, to explain the house continuity, might be:
1986 - Amityville 4: The Evil Escapes (yard sale for house)
1987 - Amityville 3-D (House destroyed)
2023 - Chucky 3x03, "Jennifer's Body" (house rebuilt)

So we're going to include It?

Latest posts

Back