Smallville (spoilers)

who's Louis? Does he love Les Poissons?

little_mermaid_chef_1.gif

I blame that on spell check, it looked right i went with it.

and whatever happened to Kara?

So...this is it. Make or break time. For better or worse, Smallville is ending this year, which means the producers have to properly address what the show set out to do ten years ago and give it the definitive ending we were promised from day one.

SmallvilleSupersuit-1.jpg

Check out the trailer shown at SDCC. Just be warned, there's a lot of shrill, fanboy/girl screaming at the sight of every pretty young thing in the video (every couple of seconds, basically).

I really think the show has the potential to become great again, this year. Last year was a drastic improvement on preceding seasons on so many levels and this trailer has shown that it's got that same level of ambition. I'm not thrilled that they're using a Superman suit so similar to the one in Superman Returns, but I can deal with it, especially because two of the biggest problems that suit had in the movie (the red being too dark and the S being too small) seem to have been addressed.

I'm delighted that John Schneider is coming back as he was one of the biggest strengths the show had in its earlier seasons and is probably the greatest Jonathan Kent ever. I just hope they do his return with some sort of grace and they don't jump any more sharks. They're bringing back more or less all of the other popular characters, so all that's left is to somehow convince Michael Rosenbaum to give a swansong as Lex Luthor.

Last edited:
So...this is it. Make or break time. For better or worse, Smallville is ending this year, which means the producers have to properly address what the show set out to do ten years ago and give it the definitive ending we were promised from day one.

SmallvilleSupersuit-1.jpg

Check out the trailer shown at SDCC. Just be warned, there's a lot of shrill, fanboy/girl screaming at the sight of every pretty young thing in the video (every couple of seconds, basically).

I really think the show has the potential to become great again, this year. Last year was a drastic improvement on preceding seasons on so many levels and this trailer has shown that it's got that same level of ambition. I'm not thrilled that they're using a Superman suit so similar to the one in Superman Returns, but I can deal with it, especially because two of the biggest problems that suit had in the movie (the red being too dark and the S being too small) seem to have been addressed.

I'm delighted that John Schneider is coming back as he was one of the biggest strengths the show had in its earlier seasons and is probably the greatest Jonathan Kent ever. I just hope they do his return with some sort of grace and they don't jump any more sharks. They're bringing back more or less all of the other popular characters, so all that's left is to somehow convince Michael Rosenbaum to give a swansong as Lex Luthor.

I completely agree, I lost all interests in Smallville after season 2 but I've been checking out a few reruns of last season and they've been pretty good. The show really needed to get out of high school and be more of a superhero adventure.

I'm also torn about the costume. While I like the returns costume and would love to see and improved version, I was always hoping they'd do something creative with it and make it their own.

Their version of the S logo (seen throughout the series in various forms, most notably on "The Blur" costume) has always been like a 'fixed' version of the Superman Returns S. Now it seems like the version they're using is more or less the same (I wish it wasn't the 3-D raised version).

Still though, Tom Welling could look awesome in a version (hopefully a better version which is what it seems to be) of that suit.

TomWellingSuperman.jpg

Their version of the S logo (seen throughout the series in various forms, most notably on "The Blur" costume) has always been like a 'fixed' version of the Superman Returns S. Now it seems like the version they're using is more or less the same (I wish it wasn't the 3-D raised version).
Yeah, I like a slight 3d raise, but it has to be subtle.
Still though, Tom Welling could look awesome in a version (hopefully a better version which is what it seems to be) of that suit.

TomWellingSuperman.jpg

Yeah the only thing I would change here, is to not have all of the cape tucked in the back. It should be sewn in across the top. Adds much needed red there without relying on angle

A better quality version of the Season Ten trailer

[video=youtube;-C_eBzqSvXg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-C_eBzqSvXg&playnext=1&videos=ivACeIZxrPw[/video]

This is the season that should have happened five years ago.

Yeah I didn't see that initially. That kind of sucks to be honest, because it means they won't be able to have a scene with her and Erica Durance. I hope they find a way for it to still be really cool though.

Well things look hopeful. Darksied doesn't appear to be some kind of whiny emo paramedic like they did with Doomsday. I know we only saw a brief flash of him but hell he looked badass.

Chloe is gone? NOOOOOOooooOOOOoooOOOOoooo!!!!!!!!!!! ......i'm not gonna cry....(sniff)....she just.....(sniff)....without thinking twice....(sniff)....makes me sad just thinking about it (sniff, sniff)

like they've done with everything else for the past 8 years...

Like they've done with everything for the past year.

Well things look hopeful. Darksied doesn't appear to be some kind of whiny emo paramedic like they did with Doomsday. I know we only saw a brief flash of him but hell he looked badass.

I really couldn't care less about Darkseid. It looked pretty cool and genuine, but that's not what made this episode one of the best episodes in the entire series.

Tom Welling has greatly improved as an actor and his entire performance in this episode just showed how much his character has actually developed over the course of the show. He truly is worthy of being called Superman, now. And he totally flew in that scene with the Daily Planet globe (he even says it). It really feels like the Superman show it never truly was, now.

I loved how the episode was chock full of Superman references and that guy playing the Lex clone was so fantastic that I almost wish they'd just retool the character and allow that actor to keep playing him (but that would be a bit of a cop out, I guess).

What made the episode was John Schneider at the end, which was just magnificent. Holy Balls. My favourite scene in seven years, easily. I hope they bring him back for the finale, as well.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back