Sony's Spider-Man Universe - Timeline

Sony hint that Cletus sketched Spider-Man and Morbius in his prison cell. That would suggest that the events of Morbius occur prior to Venom: Let There Be Carnage, which also makes sense regarding when it was filmed (2019).

Andrew Garfield (I mean the TASM Spider-Man) isn't the Spider-Man of the Venom Universe, simply because:

- the Daily Bugle logo is different between the one in TASM and the one in Venom/Venom:LTBC/Morbius.

- There is already in the TASM Universe an Eddie Brock and Ned Leeds, both working for the Daily Bugle (you can check their articles here: https://thedailybugle.tumblr.com/ )

- The TASM Cletus Kasady is referenced in a 2014 Eddie Brock's article, when in the Venomverse, Eddie Brock doesn't know Kasady before 2017-2018.

- In the TASM, Eddie Brock knows Spider-Man, but in the Venomverse, Eddie discovers him in the post-credits of Venom: LTBC.

Andrew Garfield (I mean the TASM Spider-Man) isn't the Spider-Man of the Venom Universe, simply because:

- the Daily Bugle logo is different between the one in TASM and the one in Venom/Venom:LTBC/Morbius.

- There is already in the TASM Universe an Eddie Brock and Ned Leeds, both working for the Daily Bugle (you can check their articles here: https://thedailybugle.tumblr.com/ )

- The TASM Cletus Kasady is referenced in a 2014 Eddie Brock's article, when in the Venomverse, Eddie Brock doesn't know Kasady before 2017-2018.

- In the TASM, Eddie Brock knows Spider-Man, but in the Venomverse, Eddie discovers him in the post-credits of Venom: LTBC.
I don't think a tumblr page is a valid enough thing to cite when it comes to canon.

I'm going to reiterate that Loki proved that multiple actors can portray the same character, in the same show that the EXACT SAME actor can also play multiple versions of the same character. Hiddleston played Sacred Loki, Variant Loki, AND President Loki...

I'm going to reiterate that Loki proved that multiple actors can portray the same character, in the same show that the EXACT SAME actor can also play multiple versions of the same character. Hiddleston played Sacred Loki, Variant Loki, AND President Loki...
That's why I put in parentheses "I mean the TASM Spider-Man".
Andrew could come back to play the Spider-Man of the Venomverse.

But I think that the Spider-Man from the Venomverse is the four-arms Spider-Man we saw at the end of No Way Home, it would be more consistent with Morbius, no?

------------------------------------------------------------------------

- WHIH Reports on Youtube are canon to the MCU.
- The Daily Bugle News on Youtube (Far from Home), website (Far from Home / No Way Home) and TikTok are canon to the MCU (No Way Home) and the Venomverse (Morbius).
- The TVA tumblr is canon to the MCU (there is even the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s tumblr which discusses with it).

... So why not the TASM's tumblr? :/

1. In the real world, logos change all the time. If Pepsi changes it's logo, we aren't living in a separate universe.

2. Is there any reason this can't work with what is in the SSU? If not, fair enough.

3. Does he not know about him? Good point, then.

4. I don't think he necessarily discovers Spider-Man in the post-credits. That's just how many have interpreted it, but it's not outright stated.

I think that they can retcon parts of the Daily Bugle tumblr. You are correct though. The Amazing Spider-Man films are not in this continuity and if they were put into it it would be a retcon.

Also going to add this due to Morbius Spoilers and how it relates to which spider-man is in his universe.
The leaked Post Credits has Toomes showing up with a new set of wings out of nowhere and the director said that Toomes is a resourceful guy. Not really a good explanation unless these wings were already established in another movie...namely TASM 2.

Also going to add this due to Morbius Spoilers and how it relates to which spider-man is in his universe.
The leaked Post Credits has Toomes showing up with a new set of wings out of nowhere and the director said that Toomes is a resourceful guy. Not really a good explanation unless these wings were already established in another movie...namely TASM 2.
I just assumed he took it off of the SSU's equivalent to Vulture. "I'm the SPUMC now", hehehe.

Good point.
1648673820721.png

Latest posts

Back